Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Ace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-03-24, 14:27)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]How do you get that dvd disc in the bottom left?

Enable "USE MEDIA CASE" on the top menu.
Got another one that looks a bit funny.

The Music widget shows "Recently added tracks". This looks strange as most of the time your recently added tracks will be from the same album so it just displays the same album artwork for every track in the widget.

This would be better if it was "Recently added albums" instead.
(2013-03-24, 16:13)CutSickAss Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-24, 14:27)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]How do you get that dvd disc in the bottom left?

Enable "USE MEDIA CASE" on the top menu.

hmmm... i dont want to use media cases like blulray and stuff.. but i might like the dvd disc.png coming out
(2013-03-24, 16:14)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm... i dont want to use media cases like blulray and stuff.. but i might like the dvd disc.png coming out

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking for (cdART). You can get those with Artwork Downloader.
I love this theme. I like themes with lots of widgets and customization, but I don't like themes that take up a ton of resources, which seem to be all of them on Frodo but confluence and this one. I have a really beefy HTPC because I also game with it, but I don't like having my cpu at 5-10% in idle and when I'm playing movies. Thanks for making this.

A few comments/questions.

First, turning on extra-fanart in movies seems to hit the cpu harder than it does in other skins. I saw a 3-4% jump from that.

Is there a way to choose which widgets show up on the main menu? I also would like to change their position. Having the movies widget one at the top means the faces of the actors in fan art background are usually covered.

Can you add an option to turn off the cases in movies? Under panel for example, I just want to see the movie posters and not have a case surrounding them. Also being able to disable the grey background of widgets/panels would be cool. It makes the skin look better if the stuff is just floating above the background and not on its own panel imo.

Thanks for the great work.

Edit: is there any way to turn off the scrolling of the genres in music? That eats up a lot of cpu.
Cinema Experience is not working with new ACE skin. Please help
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159405
This is my favorite skin, but I'm Portuguese and scrap PTGate not work. Is possible to make it work? thank you
(2013-03-24, 16:14)Bigmonty Wrote: [ -> ]Got another one that looks a bit funny.

The Music widget shows "Recently added tracks". This looks strange as most of the time your recently added tracks will be from the same album so it just displays the same album artwork for every track in the widget.

This would be better if it was "Recently added albums" instead.

Just navigate to the top of the widget and press 'Enter' and select albums instead.
Nuovo problema .. vorrei sapere perché quando inizia la seconda canzone sparisco sempre le informazioni ( New problem .. I would like to know why when the second song disappear forever information )

Inizio ( first song )

Dalla seconda canzone .. (From the second song )

Can you please stick to English only?
Thx Smile
First off, great skin.
I loved Cirrus v2 but since v3 took a turn that I don't like I'm glad Ace is here to bring up the slack.

I have a couple issues though...

1. When I go to my TV show list I only see the banner art but not the logos I downloaded. Do I need to name them anything different than logo.png in the root of the show?

2. Because I only see the banner I don't want to change it to a poster because it ruins the fanart. And of course this make the Recently Added widget on the home screen look really weird.
Could there be a option to show the fanart or better yet the episode image?

3. Last, the pause screen is a little crazy.
Maybe it's just me but I like less clutter and this is a bit much.

I hope I'm not too annoying and thank you again for the great skin.
(2013-03-23, 18:58)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]Ace 1.3.0 available.

Full changelog:

Added: View GlassList.
Added: View Multiplex - Media Case support.
Added: View Multiplex - Extrathumbs layout.
Added: View Wall - Media Case support.
Added: View Low List - Slim List mode.
Added: View Panel - Option to show poster or clearart or clearlogo.
Added: View Panel - Media Case support.
Added: View Multiplex and view Showart - Option to set info panel always visible.
Added: Views Global - Option to prefer clearart or prefer clearlogo.
Added: Views Global - Indicator for Audio streams and Subtitles.
Added: Option to individually disable widgets on the main menu.
Added: Option to disable NowPlaying Widget in main menu.
Added: Pan&Scan effect in main menu.
Added: Playlists - Widget in Main Menu. Support MPAA and Rating flags.
Added: Flags Bar - Option to dark style.
Added: Tabs to facilitate access in portable devices (touchscreen).
Added: Option to disable Date and Weather in main menu.
Fixed: View Panel - Missing album name.
Fixed: Greek characters. (thanks to CutSickAss)
Fixed: German MPAA. (thanks to mad-max)
Fixed: Layout details in Weather Menu, horizontal, clean mode.
Fixed: Playlist - Counter items inside the library.
Fixed: Music FullScreen and Extrafanart.
Fixed: Episode Info - Thumbnail outside screen.
Fixed: View CoverFlow Music - Missing Artist name.

Hi Marcos, i have yet a couple of things:

- In the fixed list u mentioned "Fixed: Music FullScreen and Extrafanart." Does this mean i get the extrafanart from the artist im listening music from? i still dont get extra fanart from the artist when listening to music, same path set in MQ4 works perfectly just not in Ace.

- Matter of taste perhaps. When listening to music the "next track" section is way to big. Could you implement the option to turn it off or make it smaller (like in MQ4 it was the same size as the RSS feed)

- implement the option to turn of the recently viewed stuff?, i.e. when watching a movie but turning it off half way and standing on main menu ' movie' that it doesnt tell me i watched 50% of a movie and can continue it from main menu. (same goes for music and TV-shows). You had the option to turn it off in MQ4

- TV shows the Wide view can you implement the option where you can enable "show extrafanart" under Art so we dont see an ugly image from a tv episode.

- implement the option to hide library stats in home menu

- implement the option to turn of the blue blinkind dot that has a text next to it i.e. saying 'addon'

- when usising the addon "The Trailer" and with that using the panel view it doesnt give a picture on the right side instead there is a black picture with the ace logo. In MQ4 you would see the poster image of the trailer. could you fix this?

thanks!
(2013-03-25, 00:08)JimThend Wrote: [ -> ]Nuovo problema .. vorrei sapere perché quando inizia la seconda canzone sparisco sempre le informazioni ( New problem .. I would like to know why when the second song disappear forever information )

Inizio ( first song )

Jim, i'm Italian too, but this forum is in english only. Don't worry for mistakes, most of people here give you an answer. Please , stop Italian. (or pm me if you need). Wink

Marcos, thanks for the skin, is really beauty and fast.
Is possible have the textures not compressed ? (I want a left menu more "blue") or if you show me the path in the textures, i'm happy.
BIG Thanks.
(2013-03-25, 01:55)henrava Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-25, 00:08)JimThend Wrote: [ -> ]Nuovo problema .. vorrei sapere perché quando inizia la seconda canzone sparisco sempre le informazioni ( New problem .. I would like to know why when the second song disappear forever information )

Inizio ( first song )

Jim, i'm Italian too, but this forum is in english only. Don't worry for mistakes, most of people here give you an answer. Please , stop Italian. (or pm me if you need). Wink

Marcos, thanks for the skin, is really beauty and fast.
Is possible have the textures not compressed ? (I want a left menu more "blue") or if you show me the path in the textures, i'm happy.
BIG Thanks.

Sorry .. will not happen again
(2013-03-20, 20:51)H0rnet Wrote: [ -> ]1st let me say THANKS for another great skin, fast lite and works great on the rpi Big Grin
2nd are there any plans to include a landscape view (landscapex) as there is in aeon mq3, this is my preferred view for tv shows,
as this is all that's stopping me from using this great skin on all my machines.

+1