Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Ace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In Ace (also MQ5) when you go to Live TV - recordings, the only view available is a big list view. The context menu also allows for sort by name or date, with no ability to select ascending or descending. Is it possible to get some additional views for recordings? It would be great if there was a series view, maybe with multiplex or poster or banner. Granted I guess XBMC gives no scraper capability for recordings, but maybe there could be in-folder art that could be used.

scott s.
Love this skin, just found it a few weeks ago and it's quickly become my new favorite!

Is there any way in the Showart View to hide the title and audio/subtitle info from the top of the screen?

Thanks for the great work!
I"m not sure why as I have gotham as well as version 1.8 here yet I still don't see any dedicated 3D/Stereoscopic button. My movies are all recognized and auto to 2D but I am not seeing the button. Going into video osd is just too many steps. Am I missing something??
No button on mine either. I mentioned it a few posts back but never got a response.
Ace 1.9.0 available - 10/5/2013

Changelog:

Added: Live TV/submenu - for facilitate access to PVR functions.
Added: Widgets 'In Progress' for Video Playlists.
Added: PVR EPG - Bottom Bar/Time and Date.
Added: Support to trakt script - button in Context Menu to access trakt options.
Added: TvTunes script - Button in Video Info to get Movie Themes and Tv Show Themes/solo mode.
Changed: Gotham version/button 3D mode now is visible for non-3D content.
Changed: TvTunes - is activated by default.
Changed: TvTunes - removed the button for get themes within the collection.
Fixed: Typo in Variables/Music Genres Fanart. (thanks to Cocotus)
Fixed: PVR - Overlapping between Channel Manager and Channel Settings window.
Fixed: Status Widget - Text size to accommodate large titles.
Fixed: Layout details in Top Menu/Wide view.
Fixed: Media case 3D - displayed to non-3d content (like AC3D)
Fixed: Low List view - Layout details.
Mq is my hero. He never sleeps
Since the update to 1.9 I get the following error:

Script failed!: randomandlastitems.py

Also (probably due to this), I just get black boxes where the posters should be in the skin widget for TV Shows and Movies. The most meaningful error I can see in the log is:

Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('rb') or filename", 'smb://192.168.1.20/xbmc/userdata/playlists/video/MOVIES SP.xsp')

Here's the whole thing:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=uhW5d0v4

Also as an FYI, I am using a shared network location for playlists per this:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...#Playlists
Sorry to say but with today's update the skin isnt working anymore at all for me. I woke the system and had a freeze. After resetting, XBMC booted with default skin. Now in the addon section I have to install Ace from scratch again. But as soon as I do so the screen gets black and I have to reset the system, Sad
Thanks for the updates to the LiveTV submenu and Channel Manager. Both are working great.

scott s.
(2013-10-05, 20:59)devkid Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to say but with today's update the skin isnt working anymore at all for me. I woke the system and had a freeze. After resetting, XBMC booted with default skin. Now in the addon section I have to install Ace from scratch again. But as soon as I do so the screen gets black and I have to reset the system, Sad

Same issue here. I had Ace nicely set up and customized, but now it is not functioning. I even checked my XBMC addons folder and the skin.ace folder seems quite slim as if everything important was wiped out after the auto-update. I really hope this issue can be sorted out, but I'll assume not matter what I'll have redo all my changes. FYI, I running Frodo 12.2 on Windows 8.

How embarrassing, I simply re-installed Ace and everything seems to be working fine again. I have no clue what happened, but I jumped the gun and assumed I was having the same issue which synced up with the time of the update. I'll be sure to test my issues more thoroughly next time before making a post. I hope devkid can get his problem as easily as I did.
I also get the "Script failed!: randomandlastitems.py" error.

My log here: http://pastebin.com/8vdLXqec

Please fix as I love the skin but this error is very annoying - shows every time I open the main screen / menu.
(2013-10-06, 13:02)truConman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-05, 20:59)devkid Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to say but with today's update the skin isnt working anymore at all for me. I woke the system and had a freeze. After resetting, XBMC booted with default skin. Now in the addon section I have to install Ace from scratch again. But as soon as I do so the screen gets black and I have to reset the system, Sad

Same issue here. I had Ace nicely set up and customized, but now it is not functioning. I even checked my XBMC addons folder and the skin.ace folder seems quite slim as if everything important was wiped out after the auto-update. I really hope this issue can be sorted out, but I'll assume not matter what I'll have redo all my changes. FYI, I running Frodo 12.2 on Windows 8.

How embarrassing, I simply re-installed Ace and everything seems to be working fine again. I have no clue what happened, but I jumped the gun and assumed I was having the same issue which synced up with the time of the update. I'll be sure to test my issues more thoroughly next time before making a post. I hope devkid can get his problem as easily as I did.
Well yeah, exactly the same here. I deleted all remaining files manually and installed it cleanly from scratch. Now it is working again. Yeah, embarassing and I have no clue either what happened Tongue Its the first time I had a problem like this. Whatever...
I think when you get problems like this, you might trying setting addon updates to manual. Switch to Confluence, update Ace, then switch back to Ace.

scott s.
I just noticed something interesting. (I'm using 1.9.0), when I go into skin settings and try to change the background of the skin... If I choose "one image" and go to browse, my SMB path does not show up, only the local directory. But if I choose "multiple images", I get the local directories AND the SMB paths. The backgrounds I set up before that follow a network path still show up, but I just no longer have the option to change them. Is this an "Ace" problem? Or is it because I am on Gotham?
(2013-10-05, 03:27)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]Ace 1.9.0 available - 10/5/2013

Changelog:

Added: Live TV/submenu - for facilitate access to PVR functions.
Added: Widgets 'In Progress' for Video Playlists.
Added: PVR EPG - Bottom Bar/Time and Date.
Added: Support to trakt script - button in Context Menu to access trakt options.
Added: TvTunes script - Button in Video Info to get Movie Themes and Tv Show Themes/solo mode.
Changed: Gotham version/button 3D mode now is visible for non-3D content.
Changed: TvTunes - is activated by default.
Changed: TvTunes - removed the button for get themes within the collection.
Fixed: Typo in Variables/Music Genres Fanart. (thanks to Cocotus)
Fixed: PVR - Overlapping between Channel Manager and Channel Settings window.
Fixed: Status Widget - Text size to accommodate large titles.
Fixed: Layout details in Top Menu/Wide view.
Fixed: Media case 3D - displayed to non-3d content (like AC3D)
Fixed: Low List view - Layout details.

Still not the different deactivated music view layouts? Confused