Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Ace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations!!!

Beautiful skin... thanks for sharing it with us!!!

I'm considering to use it as my main skin but there's something that puts me off... I'm not able to get extrafanart working in music visualization screen, it keeps showing only one fanart... It's just me or is it not implemented yet?

I really like the way that lyrics are displayed but I have thought that it would be amazing if that section would minimize itself automatically when no lyrics are found... probably impossible to get, is it?

Thanks in advance...
(2013-03-18, 17:30)hoopsdavis Wrote: [ -> ]Marcosqui, I know we've discussed briefly before but when you have time could you take a look at the EPG guide from Refocus big skin and see if you can possibly get your EPG guide close to that.

I second this request, having tried out the EPG and more particularly the TV Channels section from Refocus big skin it is streets ahead of any other skins I have tried.

(2013-03-18, 23:07)Hergar Wrote: [ -> ]1. Am I the only one that thinks the text is too small? Somehow I have a hard time reading everything on the TV. (you can blame my small TV, but I never had this problem with other skins)

I must admit to finding it a bit difficult to see the text in particularly on the TV Channels section where the background is the satellite dish..when the channel is highlighted it is fine but when not it is difficult to see what channel it is.
Thank you MARCOS, this is great skin!

some minor things that will improve a lot the skin:
1. use by default clear logo instead of clearart (and resize the logo to something smaller)
2. change the style of the bottom white line,
http://srv214.gif.co.il/images/379127screenshot001.jpg

except these two things, the skin is perfect!
First off, really bright and colourful skin full of eye candy goodness, which works beautifully!

I do have some constructive thoughts I would like to see...

In the home screen main menu, I turn off the default 'TV SHOWS' option as I use my own playlists which consist of my TV SHOWS and DOCUMENTARY. This works fine so no issues there, but I do lose the TV SHOWS default sub-menu (recently added, tv guide, genre, playlists etc) and there doesn't appear to be an option to set this for a playlist?

Also, there is no sub-menu option for 'in progress', which I use frequently as I have quite a lot of shows I watch every day. Any chance this could be added as a default sub-menu item?

On the home screen, I prefer to use horizontal view but as I use playlists and my chosen playlist wording for 'DOCUMENTARY' appears to be too long and it has to scroll the word, which frankly looks terrible and renaming it 'DOCS' or 'DOCUS' looks unprofessional (in my opinion) so can wording be made to auto-fit?

Lastly, the posters for the 'TV Sows - Next Aired' add-on are really tiny and there doesn't appear to be a way to change this. Are there any plans to update the look so it fits in with the other menus for TV SHOWS?

That's all I can think off at present, really impressive for a new skin.

Thanks

[Update]

I have found another bug regarding playlists. On the home screen, when highlighting the widget info the white box that has the media info in it is empty. It works on movies and if I turn on the default TV SHOWS menu item they work fine
(2013-03-19, 05:51)crazy-c Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to reduce the size of the Covers..On a 24" screen running at 1920 x 1080 they seem rather large. I am not at home at the moment so cannot screen dump to show you. This in fact is a similar thought on my main HTPC with MQ4 on a 42" plasma.

Where? The size looks good to me.
(2013-03-19, 09:22)Alim Wrote: [ -> ]MarcosQui , Thanks for another wonderful skin. How can i change the viewtype for this skin ? thanks.

If using the keyboard or remote control just use arrow above. If a touchscreen still need to include a tab to improve it.

Skank, the Ace has no intention of being Aeon, and vice versa.
(2013-03-19, 10:56)mad-max Wrote: [ -> ]...some problems with German MPAA...
Here we go with an updated "IncludesVariables":
http://pastebin.com/nq5hjPym

Maybe you can include it in the next update...

Hello, it's great to see you here again.

I've included his amendment for the next version, thank you very much.

(2013-03-19, 13:21)manfeed Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations!!!

Beautiful skin... thanks for sharing it with us!!!

I'm considering to use it as my main skin but there's something that puts me off... I'm not able to get extrafanart working in music visualization screen, it keeps showing only one fanart... It's just me or is it not implemented yet?

I have no other report on this issue, I need to check.

Quote:I really like the way that lyrics are displayed but I have thought that it would be amazing if that section would minimize itself automatically when no lyrics are found... probably impossible to get, is it?

Thanks in advance...

The window is controlled by the script, maybe you can suggest to Taxigps or ronie, perhaps something can be done.
(2013-03-19, 16:28)CaTz Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you MARCOS, this is great skin!

1. use by default clear logo instead of clearart (and resize the logo to something smaller)

1. I prefer clearart, but I'm putting options to change that.

2. I could not see the image.
(2013-03-19, 17:58)blondeshanks Wrote: [ -> ]First off, really bright and colourful skin full of eye candy goodness, which works beautifully!

I do have some constructive thoughts I would like to see...

In the home screen main menu, I turn off the default 'TV SHOWS' option as I use my own playlists which consist of my TV SHOWS and DOCUMENTARY. This works fine so no issues there, but I do lose the TV SHOWS default sub-menu (recently added, tv guide, genre, playlists etc) and there doesn't appear to be an option to set this for a playlist?

Also, there is no sub-menu option for 'in progress', which I use frequently as I have quite a lot of shows I watch every day. Any chance this could be added as a default sub-menu item?

On the home screen, I prefer to use horizontal view but as I use playlists and my chosen playlist wording for 'DOCUMENTARY' appears to be too long and it has to scroll the word, which frankly looks terrible and renaming it 'DOCS' or 'DOCUS' looks unprofessional (in my opinion) so can wording be made to auto-fit?

Lastly, the posters for the 'TV Sows - Next Aired' add-on are really tiny and there doesn't appear to be a way to change this. Are there any plans to update the look so it fits in with the other menus for TV SHOWS?

That's all I can think off at present, really impressive for a new skin.

Thanks

[Update]

I have found another bug regarding playlists. On the home screen, when highlighting the widget info the white box that has the media info in it is empty. It works on movies and if I turn on the default TV SHOWS menu item they work fine

1. For this you can use video nodes, see the wiki for how to use this feature.

2. The script and Last Random Items not supported the items in progress, still.

3. Is somewhat difficult to predict the size of the font to adequear all cases. Decrease font size is not a good option.

4. It's true, I need to improve that.
@MarcosQui

Thanks for quick reply and detailed explanation.

I will check on the nodes options. I did try earlier without referring to the wiki.

As for the wording on horizontal menu, maybe you could increase the width of the menu bar to allow lettering up to say 15? This would cover most people's wording without the need to scroll the text?

Any info/advice regarding the missing media info on playlist widgets? (check the updated part of my post for full explanation)
Hello,

First of all, thank you Marcos for a great skin! Very polished and well thought-out. I have a small request and that is if you could add IMDB Top 250 information in the movie views. If it is already there and I just have not been able to find how to display it, please let me know how to do it. Thanks for considering my request.

Regards,

Bart
Sorry if this is a very basic question, but how does one add favorites to the My Menu item as icons instead of using the options to add it to the panel?
Playing with this skin on a couple of setups. Very nice in most ways. Couple things:

1. (semi-big) In Music/Album/ Panel view, the Album Artist name is shown, but not the Album. Other views such as poster and wall have the Album Artist and then under it Album in slightly smaller font. Really need the album name in the album view types.

2. (minor) In music visualization, the way lyrics are shown just doesn't do it for me. I think the way it's done in MQ4 is a little better. I can see the problem of overlaying the lyrics on art is not easy, but the greyish-white background sticks out too much IMHO and the color behind the current lyric position (for synchronized lyric) is almost impossible for me to see. I also get ghosting of the text on the background when the text scrolls, and the navigation off the lyrics overlay focus only works on occasion for me (for example most the time I can't get the OSD to come up)

Not really sure how to improve on it.

scott s.
I don't know how you keep making such beautiful and functional skins, thank you !!
(2013-03-19, 19:33)MarcosQui Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-19, 16:28)CaTz Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you MARCOS, this is great skin!

1. I prefer clearart, but I'm putting options to change that.

2. I could not see the image.

Yes, Please consider this, option to choose either or (logo or clearart) as was in MQ4. Your skins are always clean and smooth looks, having clearart destroys this theme, just my opinion.

Thanks.