Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i love this remote but i had a bug or something that i miss configured
I use to play my music but after a while the connection times out which means XBMC doesnt know what song to play next and my music que is deleted and there is no next song
im running the latest android version and XBMC 12 (i guess, cant seem to find it but i downloaded it a month ago so ) on Vista SP2 32Bit

Any one a idea what im doing wrong
Take a look at this post #250 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1376031 to see if this fixes the issue.

Your local queue should reappear once you are connected again
Hi Millencolin007,

Maybe this is a nice feature for MusicPump to have: Proximity sensor support.
A new version of Music Pump XBMC Remote has been pushed to the play store

Changes in 1.5.1:
* Added translations for german, french and korean (thank you epoke)
* Option for faster file mode in settings (without thumbnails)
* Other bug fixes

Don't forget to rate the app

To translate the app into your language you can go to http://www.getlocalization.com/musicpumpxbmcremote and start with the translation
Pushed a small update 1.5.2 to the playstore to fix a force close when using the scrollbar in file mode.

- This bug appears only on some devices. Didn't find the real cause yet so I switched back to an older, slower thumbnail loading implementation. If it was working on your device in release 1.5.1 you can enable the file mode scrolling" option in the settings since you will get much smoother scrolling.
(2013-04-30, 13:35)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Verify your xbmc setup:

In XBMC go to System -> Settings -> Network
Enable the following settings:
- Allow control of XBMC via HTTP
- Allow programs of this system to control XBMC
- Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC

In order to see your music and video files you need to enable the library function within xbmc and scan your music and video files to the library.

Also verify your settings in the app (ip address, port number, ...) are correct

To refresh music in the app itself long-press on "reconnect" from the main screen. You should see a text "refreshing songs..." and then "added xxx songs" which is counting up

PS: If you are using a slow device like a raspberry pi song import may take a minute or two if you have many songs

Ok, what exactly do you mean by 'enable the library function within xbmc and scan your music and video files to the library'? Where do I 'enable' this function?

Thanks!
Ah that helps, brilliant!
This may well be the intended result, but if a tv series has a set of Specials, these show as 'Series 0' rather than 'Specials' (as i would usually see on XBMC proper).
Ignore me though if this is the intended behaviour!

Also, is there a way to change the 'tap' behaviour from 'play' to 'queue'?
I'm browsing through the file list of my music videos, and have to long-press each one - get it wrong and it wipes your queue and play the file :o)
(I do now get thumbnails on some music video files, but the ones that don't; rather than show blank, shows as the same as the one above)

thanks as always

ps - planning on getting a Sony Xperia Tablet Z - no known issues with using this app on this tablet are there?
(2013-05-11, 17:27)aldredd Wrote: [ -> ]This may well be the intended result, but if a tv series has a set of Specials, these show as 'Series 0' rather than 'Specials' (as i would usually see on XBMC proper).
Ignore me though if this is the intended behaviour!

This is because the value is returned by xbmc as a number and specials are probably mapped to 0.

(2013-05-11, 17:27)aldredd Wrote: [ -> ]Also, is there a way to change the 'tap' behaviour from 'play' to 'queue'?
I'm browsing through the file list of my music videos, and have to long-press each one - get it wrong and it wipes your queue and play the file :o)
(I do now get thumbnails on some music video files, but the ones that don't; rather than show blank, shows as the same as the one above)

thanks as always

Currently not but I can add an option to change the tap behavior or simply not clear the queue when playing a new item so that the queue stays

(2013-05-11, 17:27)aldredd Wrote: [ -> ]ps - planning on getting a Sony Xperia Tablet Z - no known issues with using this app on this tablet are there?

Not that I know. But if you find any I can probably fix them ;-)
Would it be possible to have the on server music queue view display more information, such as artist, and album name / thumbnail?
Which queue do you mean because there are at least 3 different layouts?

There is one in the "now playing" screen => icon with dots on left side/artist/album/rating/duration
There is one in the drawer menu ( unlocked version) => Artist/Album/duration and no icon
and finally the layout in "now playing" changes if you enable "queue on xbmc" (unlocked version) => shows Artist/Album/thumbnail
Hello, everyone. I'm trying to solve a problem related to music streaming.

I have the unlocked version of the Music Pump XBMC Remote on my Nexus 7.
I have installed xbmc 12.2 Frodo on MacOS X 10.7.5 laptop, Raspberry Pi, and Windows 7.

If I connect to Raspberry's or Mac's Xbmc, and press Play while using "Local" audio, I get "Playback failed" message.
Music streaming from xbmc to Music Pump XBMC Remote works only from Windows 7 XBMC.

All XBMC's have identical configurations.
* No Web Server authentication is used.
* Raspberry (streaming not working) and Win7 (streaming working OK) are directly connected via Dell Powerconnect 6224 switch, allowing all traffic and protocols. No weird hubs/switches interfere the traffic.
* Both Raspbmc and OpenELEC installations tried, no luck with either.
* Android and Mac use a wireless connection, also known to route everything.
* No network firewalls exist.
* Everything else but direct music streaming works on every XBMC from the Remote. Even movie streaming works just fine.

I'm very confused about what the issue could be. Any help would be appreciated, as I mainly would like the Raspberry to be the primary streaming server.
Thanks in advance!...
(2013-05-25, 21:44)Fernis Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, everyone. I'm trying to solve a problem related to music streaming.

I have the unlocked version of the Music Pump XBMC Remote on my Nexus 7.
I have installed xbmc 12.2 Frodo on MacOS X 10.7.5 laptop, Raspberry Pi, and Windows 7.
Do you use the xbmc stable release 12.2 on all your installations or have you installed a nightly build?

(2013-05-25, 21:44)Fernis Wrote: [ -> ]If I connect to Raspberry's or Mac's Xbmc, and press Play while using "Local" audio, I get "Playback failed" message.
Music streaming from xbmc to Music Pump XBMC Remote works only from Windows 7 XBMC.

In the unlocked version there is an option to download (make available offline) songs. Check if you can download a song from the server. It will be stored on your sd card in /Music/Artist/Album. Streaming uses the same url.

If you are able to download songs there may be an issue with id3 tags in some rare cases. Sometimes I had the problem that it was not possible to stream a file or a complete album because it contained multiple or bad ID3 Tags which the android media player couldn't handle. Completely removing id3 tags from those files and adding them back made those files playable. But this is probably not your issue

(2013-05-25, 21:44)Fernis Wrote: [ -> ]All XBMC's have identical configurations.
* No Web Server authentication is used.
* Raspberry (streaming not working) and Win7 (streaming working OK) are directly connected via Dell Powerconnect 6224 switch, allowing all traffic and protocols. No weird hubs/switches interfere the traffic.
* Both Raspbmc and OpenELEC installations tried, no luck with either.
* Android and Mac use a wireless connection, also known to route everything.
* No network firewalls exist.
* Everything else but direct music streaming works on every XBMC from the Remote. Even movie streaming works just fine.

I'm very confused about what the issue could be. Any help would be appreciated, as I mainly would like the Raspberry to be the primary streaming server.
Thanks in advance!...

I tried to stream music from my raspberry pi using a nightly build and it worked.
Still no luck so far. I just tried to debug this for a few hours more, with no success.

(2013-05-27, 09:15)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you use the xbmc stable release 12.2 on all your installations or have you installed a nightly build?

Yes, I use 12.2 stable on Mac, Windows7 and Raspberry. Switching to Nightly on raspbmc didn't make a difference, it's a May 03rd build anyway, I think.

(2013-05-27, 09:15)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]In the unlocked version there is an option to download (make available offline) songs. Check if you can download a song from the server. It will be stored on your sd card in /Music/Artist/Album. Streaming uses the same url.

Indeed - I cannot download any songs. The download notifications in my tablet's top left corner just flash quickly (10 songs takes a second, which doesn't really happen on my network). Also, the playlist I create for the local files, is not created at all.

All my music files are on a Windows Server 2008 R2 shares. Somehow it makes sense that Windows 7 XBMC can access those files ok. But I can't understand why other clients cannot.

First I thought it might be my multipath smb source. Only SMB3.0 can handle it. (I have SMB 3.0 installed on Windows 7.) So, I noticed I can't browse the multipath smb share from Music Pump Remote (using Files tab -> Sources: Music -> share name. When I changed my file source to use only one smb share, I could access the files just fine. So, Samba works while connected to raspberry xbmc, if it really accesses the files directly with smb? ...or does it just represent the path the remote xbmc sends? I can play the files on remote xbmc from the file view, but still cannot download or stream the files.

I use centralized mysql library for all my XBMCs, and I have replicated also the Music file fources locally on every xbmc. I also tried using direct IP address of the file server instead of the friendly name.

If I had to give my best guess, it's still my SMB Share that requires a user account and a password (guest account is likely disabled), and even though music pump xbmc remote can access every aspect of the remote xbmc, the downloading fails because of this. But I have no idea how to go around this... Does the remote client download the files directly using its own SMB connectivity, or does it use some xbmc feature (in which case it really should work) ?

(2013-05-27, 09:15)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried to stream music from my raspberry pi using a nightly build and it worked.

Can you share more details about your configuration - how do you access your music files, how are the sources set up, what kind of file shares do they use, etc?