Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My wish list for Music Pump:
(I think I post most of these in the past)

* Add a setting to keep the screen on (like Yatse, dimmed).
* Search and display lyrics (in the app, not in XBMC).
* Move PVR out of the Video tab or at least move the PVR radio stations to the Music tab.
* Spice up the interface with fanarts, I'm using Music Pump to control my headless music client and I did put in time in getting my music library into shape so it would be nice to see my fanarts in Now Playing.
* Better handling of multiple clients and seamlessly move between them, same as how now Music Pump changing output between XBMC client and local Android device.
Maybe the best approach would be to have one main client that Music Pump will command it to stream UPnP audio stream to other clients, this way we could save space on our Android device and scan Music library of one device only.
Im curious why a startend playlist play sometimes 1 song and when i Start then the next song manualy it play 7 or maybe 14 Songs and sometime it play the full playlist {which has about 100 song). Beide this im realy happy with this APP and i can confirm that Video streaming works with password on a stable xbmc 12.3.
(2014-02-23, 03:57)dhead Wrote: [ -> ]My wish list for Music Pump:
(I think I post most of these in the past)

* Add a setting to keep the screen on (like Yatse, dimmed).
* Search and display lyrics (in the app, not in XBMC).
* Move PVR out of the Video tab or at least move the PVR radio stations to the Music tab.
* Spice up the interface with fanarts, I'm using Music Pump to control my headless music client and I did put in time in getting my music library into shape so it would be nice to see my fanarts in Now Playing.
* Better handling of multiple clients and seamlessly move between them, same as how now Music Pump changing output between XBMC client and local Android device.
Maybe the best approach would be to have one main client that Music Pump will command it to stream UPnP audio stream to other clients, this way we could save space on our Android device and scan Music library of one device only.

I didn't have much time lately but I did some experimentations with Chromecast devices as additional audio output. Unfortunately Chromecast only support a few audio and video formats. So flac files for instance won't play. Once xbmc supports transcoding this could become very interesting but until then it is not very useful and I am not sure if I will release it. UPnP would probably work much better.

Unfortunately there is no xbmc api for lyrics. However displaying the lyrics of the currently playing song on xbmc is easy as long as you have the proper addons installed
(2014-02-23, 13:19)olarf Wrote: [ -> ]Im curious why a startend playlist play sometimes 1 song and when i Start then the next song manualy it play 7 or maybe 14 Songs and sometime it play the full playlist {which has about 100 song). Beide this im realy happy with this APP and i can confirm that Video streaming works with password on a stable xbmc 12.3.

I am not sure where the problem is but it may be because of the following

- If you click on a song in a playlist/album it will only add that song to the play queue
- If the playlist contains songs which are not in your music library they are not added to the play queue
- Maybe shuffle is on and it stops after all songs have been shuffled.
OK, I will ovserve a bit more detailed the behaviour. All over your app is a dream!!!
Hi

Just wondering how I can view and launch music videos from this app - probably being completely stupid but can't find the option

Thanks
You can find Music Videos in "Files Tab -> Video Sources -> Video DB -> Music Videos". You can long-press on the Music Videos folder to add it to the local favorites for quicker access
Seems your app is the best out there !
Will it be possible to make this app available through a non google store ?
Thanks !!
I have no plans to submit the app in other app stores for the moment since this would require some changes in the app. But you can backup the app from another device and then install it on a device without play store
Wouldnt it be great to have WOL and shutdown included in your app? All shutdown options are at least existing in xbmc and the remote use it but I See no Option there to shutdown / hybernate the PC without a screen. Maybe I just dont geht it how to usw your button but I try a lot. WOL and shutdow would make this app 100% round Wink
First, I bought the unlocker to help support your effort.

Now, to my first issue:

I refreshed the song list and I have 41821 songs. Next I select Songs on the left and ALL is highlighted above. However, I am only able to view down the alphabetical list to near the end of the letter B. How can I see the rest?

Thanks,
Brian

Second,

A request-- It would be nice (if possible) when you select an Artist that has both individual tracks and albums there was a way to isolate the individual tracks...say a thumbnail under the album listing called "Singles" or "Single Tracks"

That way you could select just the single tracks and see them/play them only. Currently, when you swipe left to see the songs listing all the tracks are mixed together.

B.
Third,

Is there a way to show TV Shows that are unwatched as opposed to all shows watched/unwatched?

B.
(2014-03-20, 00:25)olarf Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldnt it be great to have WOL and shutdown included in your app? All shutdown options are at least existing in xbmc and the remote use it but I See no Option there to shutdown / hybernate the PC without a screen. Maybe I just dont geht it how to usw your button but I try a lot. WOL and shutdow would make this app 100% round Wink

WOL and shutdown / hibernate is present. There are two ways to access it
- From the start screen with the server selection you can long-press on the server name -> power options
- When you are connected to a server you can swipe with your finger from the left screen border to open the remote control. A power icon will appear in the action bar

For WOL you will have to configure the MAC address in the server settings. The current version is trying to detect the mac address automatically but it is not working properly in all cases. I have fixed it for next version so you don't have to enter the mac address manually anymore

(2014-03-20, 05:53)Brian B Wrote: [ -> ]First, I bought the unlocker to help support your effort.

Now, to my first issue:

I refreshed the song list and I have 41821 songs. Next I select Songs on the left and ALL is highlighted above. However, I am only able to view down the alphabetical list to near the end of the letter B. How can I see the rest?

Thanks,
Brian

Second,

A request-- It would be nice (if possible) when you select an Artist that has both individual tracks and albums there was a way to isolate the individual tracks...say a thumbnail under the album listing called "Singles" or "Single Tracks"

That way you could select just the single tracks and see them/play them only. Currently, when you swipe left to see the songs listing all the tracks are mixed together.

B.

1) This is by design as I only display the first ~5000 songs in large lists because of performance reasons. It doesn't make much sense to scroll down a list with 40'000 entries to find a song. Just use the search button to find the song you want.

2) Will check if I can add a new tab for singles only. Currently you can already go to Songs -> Singles and then type in the artist name in the search box to get a list of all singles of that artist

(2014-03-20, 06:15)Brian B Wrote: [ -> ]Third,

Is there a way to show TV Shows that are unwatched as opposed to all shows watched/unwatched?

B.

3) Yes, when you are in the Movie / TV section there is an option in the overflow menu (3 dots on top right). On devices with a menu button you will have to press this instead to see the option "Hide Watched"
Re: #1 Ok. I can live with this. It would be nice if I could just jump to a particular letter for scanning though...

#2 This would be great as I like to scan by artists and then if I find one of interest I like to see the individual songs independent of the complete albums I have. Searching just for singles would be more useful when specifically looking for a song/artist--less of a random scanning as I'm proposing.

#3 Excellent. Found it and works perfectly.

I will be testing some playlist capability and general playback so might have some more questions tomorrow.

Thanks again for the excellent software and listening to suggestions.

Brian
Q4: Under the settings menu I see an option for "Use xbmc queue". As I only use my tablet as a controller and never for anything else should I enable this? What are the advantages/disadvantages for me either way?

Q5: Do I need to use the xbmc queue to get gapless playback? Or...what do I need to do to get gapless playback? (I'm using Frodo 12.3 on a PC)

B.