Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Just started using Music Pump Kodi Remote for Android. It looks like a great app.
Quick question. Is there a known bug with Chromecast streaming? The app connects to my Chromecast properly, but when I press Play, the connection between the app and the Chromecast is cut, so the movie plays on my computer instead.
Help will be appreciated.
Thanks!
Chromecast streaming is only implemented for music playback so it is normal that the movie starts playing on your computer instead.

The reason for not supporting video playback over chromecast is that the chromecast device only supports a small set of video codecs and kodi doesn't have built-in support for transcoding videos before sending them to a Chromecast device. As a result many videos would just fail to play.
(2015-05-27, 22:11)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Chromecast streaming is only implemented for music playback so it is normal that the movie starts playing on your computer instead.

The reason for not supporting video playback over chromecast is that the chromecast device only supports a small set of video codecs and kodi doesn't have built-in support for transcoding videos before sending them to a Chromecast device. As a result many videos would just fail to play.
Thank you for the quick reply!
Am I to assume I won't be able to stream live PVR channels either?
No you won't be able to stream live PVR because as far as I know there is no way to retrieve the stream url for PVR channels.

If you want to watch Live TV on your android device you could install Kodi on your android device and configure the PVR client to stream live tv. Don't know if there is a way to play it over chromecast
(2015-05-27, 22:22)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]No you won't be able to stream live PVR because as far as I know there is no way to retrieve the stream url for PVR channels.

If you want to watch Live TV on your android device you could install Kodi on your android device and configure the PVR client to stream live tv. Don't know if there is a way to play it over chromecast
I appreciate the tip. Unfortunately, kodi for android crashes on startup on my phone.
Have you tried the unofficial fork from kodi team member koying https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...erpax.spmc ?
(2015-05-27, 22:27)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried the unofficial fork from kodi team member koying https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...erpax.spmc ?
Also crashes.
On the main Album display (under the Music section) of the remote albums with certain characters in their title do not have coverart-- i.e, titles with a { } and ! and also one with a ' . When I select the album, the cover is displayed on the right side indicating the art is there.

B.
I don't think that it is due to the special characters since thumbnails show up fine on my library with the characters you mentioned in the title.

Can you try to clear the thumbnail cache in the settings and try again to see if it works
I am a bit confused. How come I can't stream music from my android phone? don't even see an option to stream music. I have a paid version of this app.

Thanks for the help.

Sedrock
(2015-06-05, 23:16)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]I am a bit confused. How come I can't stream music from my android phone? don't even see an option to stream music. I have a paid version of this app.

Thanks for the help.

Sedrock
Did you misspell your name? Big Grin
(2015-06-04, 07:00)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that it is due to the special characters since thumbnails show up fine on my library with the characters you mentioned in the title.

Can you try to clear the thumbnail cache in the settings and try again to see if it works

You're right. I did a music refresh and many of the problems resolved. I think it had to do with some folders that were deleted. I will have to investigate more on the library side of things. If I still have problems I'll post.

Thanks,
Brian
(2015-06-05, 23:16)shedrock Wrote: [ -> ]I am a bit confused. How come I can't stream music from my android phone? don't even see an option to stream music. I have a paid version of this app.

Thanks for the help.

Sedrock

Open the menu drawer and click on the server name on top left. From there you can select the enty play local files. It will then display your local music library. To stream music files just change the sound output to the desired kodi instance using the cast button on top right.

Btw: To play a movie from your phone on kodi just open a file browser and then use the share feature from android to select this app or if you have not defined a default player this app will show up in the list of available players. Also works in gallery apps
(2015-06-06, 08:18)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for the help.

Sedrock

Open the menu drawer and click on the server name on top left. From there you can select the enty play local files. It will then display your local music library. To stream music files just change the sound output to the desired kodi instance using the cast button on top right.

Btw: To play a movie from your phone on kodi just open a file browser and then use the share feature from android to select this app or if you have not defined a default player this app will show up in the list of available players. Also works in gallery apps

I should have explained in more detail. What I meant is that I can't stream my music collection from Kodi. I have no issues streaming the movies, it is just the music I can't seem to stream. Hope I explained it correctly now.Smile

UPDATE: I tried selecting play music from device but I can't seem to hear any music playing.
Streaming music from Kodi to your device works the same way as I described for streaming local files. Below is a youtube video showing the music streaming feature in an older version of the app. (In order to see the "cast" button you need to disable the option "Kodi Queue" in the slide-in menu)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo6CQx45JSg

A while ago a security feature was added to Kodi which makes it only possible to download files from paths which are defines in sources.xml. Unfortunately there are some ways to add Music to the Kodi Library without the base path being present in sources.xml. Maybe you are hitting this issue.

To verify if you have this issue simply long-press on any song and select "make available offline". If it is not possible to download you need to navigate to "Music -> Files -> Add music... " on Kodi and add a new source which contains your music manually. For more info see Yatse FAQ #Streaming does not work (http://yatse.tv/redmine/projects/yatse/wiki/FAQ) Big Grin