Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One thing that you can try to see if playlist songs are actually returned by kodi

This will list all playlists in your your playlist directory
Code:
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"special://profile/playlists/music"},"id":2}

From the output you will get the playlist names. Which you can then use to browse like this. (replace special://profile/playlists/music/myplaylist.m3u with your playlist path)
Code:
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"special://profile/playlists/music/myplaylist.m3u"},"id":3}

If this doesn't work it may give you an error message in the Kodi logs
(2015-12-05, 00:30)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that you can try to see if playlist songs are actually returned by kodi

This will list all playlists in your your playlist directory
Code:
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"special://profile/playlists/music"},"id":2}

From the output you will get the playlist names. Which you can then use to browse like this. (replace special://profile/playlists/music/myplaylist.m3u with your playlist path)
Code:
http://localhost:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"special://profile/playlists/music/myplaylist.m3u"},"id":3}

If this doesn't work it may give you an error message in the Kodi logs

I get the following error in the browser:

{"error":{"code":-32602,"message":"Invalid params."},"id":3,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}

In the browser I went to

Code:
http://192.168.0.20:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetDirectory","params":{"directory":"smb://192.168.0.20/Users/Home/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/userdata/playlists/music/EdS.m3u"},"id":3}

EdS is the name of my playlist i'm trying to use.
This is a generic error. Could be anything. But I suppose that there is a permission issue somewhere.

Maybe you can see something in Kodi Logs
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

Update: try with this directory "special://profile/playlists/music/EdS.m3u"
I suppose the other directory is not accessible over smb
The playlists folder is accessible over smb because I am running OSMC on a RPi 2 and it can access the EdS playlist just fine.

Update: Solved the issue (thanks to Yatse)! The issue was I had my substitute set to SMB://... but all my sources were set to smb://... (case-sensitive).
Slightly confusing that my OSMC device didn't have a problem with this but the app did!

Thanks for your help. Hopefully we both learnt something =)
Great that you got it working. In the log that you had posted in your last message you could see that the file you tried to access wasn't part of any kodi source (because of wrong path substitution) and thus it was not accessible through the json-rpc api. These security checks are not applied when playing files in Kodi => everything is working fine within Kodi.
I am wondering if it would be possible to make the software volume control, which I can use with Music Pump local queue, also available for the Kodi queue. Actually, I like the touch volume control much more than the hardware keys.
Is there a reason why it is only available with the local queue?

I apologize, if I missed the answer in this thread, but my search didn't show anything.
The software volume controls are only available in the local queue because the widget is used to switch between local and remote playback. That feature is technically not working when using Kodi queue so it is missing.
Maybe I wil add a volume bar on the screen which becomes visible when touching hardware buttons so you can drag the volume slider.
Music Pump Kodi Remote 3.0.1 is available in Playstore

Changes:
* Customizable Menu Drawer
* Display Song / Album / Movie / TV Show count
* Bug Fixes
Thanks for that update. I am enjoying your program more from day to day.

Just a hint:
I believe there is a small bug on the 'artist' screen. When I select an artist I get the choice for artist albums, songs and info (tablet screen). Everything is working here. When I then select an album, corresponding songs should show up on the right hand side. Unfortunately that space is empty. If I move around with my finger in that area, sometimes the list appears, sometimes it just flashes shortly. Seems, that screen update does not work properly. It's no difference in portrait or landscape mode.
I checked that on my Nexus 7 tablet with Android 5 and 4.4 (just downgraded). On my smartphone it's working, of course, because the view is differrent.
Unfortunately I can't reproduce this on my two tablets. I also tried on the android emulator image for nexus 7 using android 4.4 and 5.1 and it seems to update properly. I will keep an eye on this and fix it in case I can reproduce it.

Maybe try to refresh the music cache inside the app (refresh icon in navigation drawer or remote drawer). It may help

Also in the settings there is an option to get a phone-like interface on tablets ( It's called "disable tablet layout" ). You need to restart the app for the change to take effect.
Thanks for that fast reply. Of course, there is no way to fix a problem that doesn't appear on your end.

Interesting enough, it happens on my device even right after a fresh OS install. Seems to be a problem of the Nexus 7 2012 device (which isn't the best device, anyway)
Actually, I frequently do a refresh of the music cache. However, the switch to the smartphone interface is a good workaroun

One more idea for a software volume control: Maybe a slider control could be added to the remote drawer. Just my 2 cents.
This App really looks great! There's just one annoying thing (at least to me):
I prefer using UPnP over local databases in my Kodi or the remote app. UPnP support is good so far in Music Pump. But when I start playing any track or album, the "now playing" screen in MP will show some cryptic UPnP identifier instead of decent track information. Yatse always displays the correct file information in this case, so it seems to be possible.
(Latest stable OpenELEC on Raspberry Pi 1B, Twonky 7.2.6-1, latest Music Pump from Google Play)

I would appreciate very much, if you could fix this.

Thanks in advance
Heiner
I had a quick look at it. It is probably an issue in Kodi. When playing a single song over UPNP (starting playback from Music Pump / Yatse) it does not properly resolve the song name and shows some cryptic name in Kodi.
When playing an entire folder / album it shows the proper names when started with Yatse because it uses an other way to queue the entire folder which doesn't have this isse... I can fix it for playing entire folders but it will still be wrong when playing a single song.
Thanks for your quick reply! This might be a solution, but please be careful: Yatse's way to queue a whole album via UPnP will mess up the play order. That's the main reason why I'm looking for an alternative remote control app.

By the way - I found another issue yesterday: Kodi will not play gaplessly when it's controlled by MP (at least it won't via UPnP). With Yatse or the TV remote, I can always play gapless albums gaplessly, regardless of the kind of connection (SMB, NFS or UPnP). This would really be a nice feature!
Thanks for the tip, but are you sure that play order is "wrong" because when I use the "Yatse way" to queue an albumI can always see the tracks added to the queue in the correct album order (by increasing track number) while it may show a different order in the app (due to sorting)

The gapless playback issue for UPNP is probably due the way the files are currently added to the queue and completely out of control of this app.

Note: If you use the music library section (which you are not because you use upnp) in the app, music will not play gapless because the queue is managed locally. There is an option to use the Kodi Queue instead but it is only available in the unlocked version.