Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music Pump Kodi Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, looking good!

And by group by album, I guess it's pretty about treating the music videos in the same way as music albums - I will have several videos that come from the same album. I figured xbmc must know that, as it assigns cover art to them.
There is a hidden way to access the music videos the way you want ;-)

Just navigate to "Files => Video (sources) => VIDEO DB => Music Videos"
From there you will be able to browse your videos by album, artist, directors, genres, ...

You can also long press on this folder to add it to the favorites for quicker access
can i use the lockscreen widget with the free version or do i need to buy the unlocked version?

can i shutdown the xbmc machine with remote on lockscreen?
There is no android 4.2 lockscreen widget. Only thing that is present are default android lockscreen player controls (play/next/previous) which are also available in the free version => There is no shutdown button on the lockscreen
Hi! I'm relatively new to XBMC and Music Pump, but have now got far enough to have everything working as I think it should, pretty much. The app is brilliant! It's abilities to control what plays on any XBMC machine, stream content to the tablet and play local content make it the best. The UI is pretty intuitive and looks great. Playlist handling is excellent. Many thanks for all your hard work.

I'm running RaspBMC on a Raspberry Pi and have the unlocked version of the Music Pump XBMC Remote app on a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet. My music collection is entirely in compressed .wma format, and resides on a NAS.

I've hit a couple of problems that I hope you can help with.

I have a large number of compilation albums. On XBMC, all of the artists (over 2200 of them!) are listed in the artists list, but in Music Pump only album artists are listed. The compilation album option in XBMC is set, so compilations are visible there, and similarly, the "Display compilation albums" option in Music Pump is set so the albums are visible there. Is there an option somewhere else I should check?

(Edit: I also have my entire music collection on MicroSD card. Putting Music Pump into "Play Local Files" mode, it now shows all of the artists. So, I guess it could be a RaspBMC issue.)

The second issue is, when streaming music tracks, there is a wait of over 30 seconds before each one starts. Any ideas?

(Edit: In "Play Local Files" mode, there is no pause when a track starts.)

Many thanks for an excellent app.
I suspect that the issue with the long pause between tracks is because of two things
- wma files are not listed as supported files in the android developer doc http://developer.android.com/guide/appen...rmats.html => playback may fail
- Currently the xbmc webserver does not support partial http requests and so the android audio decoder may try to download the complete file before starting playback. You should not see that issue when playing mp3 files.

There is probably not much that I can do to fix that at the moment. XBMC Gotham will normally support partial http requests and streaming from xbmc to the phone should get better for music files. BTW: seeking in long files does not work because of this partial http request issue.

As for the artists: The current implementation only shows album artists because otherwise it leads to a couple of issues that I could only fix by redesigning the music db since the way artists are handled changed between eden and frodo. If you really need to browse the complete list of artists you can use File Mode "Files => Music (Sources) => MUSIC DB => Artists. This will show the exact same listing as xbmc shows, but there is currently no search feature in file mode which makes browsing a large artist list useless..
@Millencolin007,
What is the minimum resolution for Music Pump to be able to show artists information.

On 7" 800x480 it doesn't, will it show on 7" 1024x600 ?

p.s. I think I've found a bug in Music Pump.
I encounter this issue on Frodo with PVR radio channels and no PVR tv channels.
On PVR radio channels listing when the display changes from horizontal to vertical (or the opposite) the list is cleared (but the radio tab still chosen).
I haven't tested it when PVR tv channels available, my guess it will may show the tv channels list instead.

To quickly try this you can use IPTVSimple with the m3u playlist from signature.
The 7'' 800x480 tablet does probably qualify as "large" and not "xlarge" so it won't pick up the tablet layout (http://developer.android.com/guide/topic...eQualifier)

However the 7'' 1024x600 used the tablet layout when I launched the app in the emulator

Two remarks:
- If your device is running android 2.2 or 2.3 it will never use the tablet layout
- Artist Info is only available in the unlocked version
(2012-05-11, 16:08)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]Music Pump XBMC Remote for Android 2.2+

Music Pump XBMC Remote on Android Market

Unfortunately, I can't seem to make it work : I have a huge tracks database, and somehow, it seems to load between 2000 and 8000 tracks and then it stops... I can't seem to make it work with my library size. is there a maximum in the supported size of the playlist ? I would be very happy to pay for the unlocker (for the download feature) if the app would only even browse and show my complete library.

any idea ?
There are a couple of things:

- What do you mean by huge database. Are we talking about 10'000 or 50'000 tracks?
- During the import don't navigate around in the app as this will generate additional load on your server and slow down the import process
- If you are loading the db from a very slow pc (like a raspberry pi) importing 10'000 tracks will take ~1 minute. On a faster pc the same will take around 10-15 seconds
- Try to upgrade to XBMC Frodo if you are still using XBMC Eden. Frodo allows to retrieve the library in junks whereas in Eden it was only possible to get the db in one chunk if I remember properly. You may get better results
- Android 2.2 devices didn't have much internal storage. Make sure that there is enough internal storage left
Thank you for the fast response Smile

(2013-07-10, 13:56)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]- What do you mean by huge database. Are we talking about 10'000 or 50'000 tracks?

We're definitely talking about 100'000+ tracks

(2013-07-10, 13:56)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]- If you are loading the db from a very slow pc (like a raspberry pi) importing 10'000 tracks will take ~1 minute. On a faster pc the same will take around 10-15 seconds
The pc running XBMC is running on a dual-atom, and it seems it is going well for 2000, 4000, then 8000 (maybe those chunks you are talking about are 2000 items Wink --> I use Frodo )
but it kind of behaves as if it timed out...

is there any way to see logs because I frankly have no idea what is happening, and I don't even know if it is still working in the background at times.

I left it running during a few minutes (10+) with no luck and with the count still frozen at 8000.

then if I go back and forth, I noticed that it tries to re-load everything and restart from zero, but I imagine that if it completes successfully ( if it eventually gets there) it will cache the Library, right ?

(2013-07-10, 13:56)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]- Android 2.2 devices didn't have much internal storage. Make sure that there is enough internal storage left

The phone is a brand new Samsung Galaxy S4, with boatloads of free space on the internal storage

I'll retry at home without moving Inside the application and see if it gets any better. maybe if I had a way to show you logs you would have a better understanding of how it behaves ?
Wow, that is a huge library. Not sure how well this is going to work. Never tested with such a large library. This will definitively take a couple of minutes to import and yes, chunks are 2000 items. If the import is successful it will use the cache and refresh the library if you request it manually.

Instead of sending me logs you can send me your xbmc music db file so I can replace it on my xbmc installation and simulate the import that way and see if it times out. The file is located in the Database folder in your userdata and is called MyMusicXX.db. If there are more than one just take the one with the highest number (You can send the file in a pm or to the support email from the playstore)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata
Thanks for your comprehensive reply.

(2013-07-09, 20:58)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]I suspect that the issue with the long pause between tracks is because of two things
- wma files are not listed as supported files in the android developer doc http://developer.android.com/guide/appen...rmats.html => playback may fail
- Currently the xbmc webserver does not support partial http requests and so the android audio decoder may try to download the complete file before starting playback. You should not see that issue when playing mp3 files.

There is probably not much that I can do to fix that at the moment. XBMC Gotham will normally support partial http requests and streaming from xbmc to the phone should get better for music files. BTW: seeking in long files does not work because of this partial http request issue.

I was afraid this might be a .wma issue. It does look like it's downloading the track before playing it. Can you think of any way I can get the next track downloading while the current one is playing, so at least there is no pause between tracks? (Although Google doesn't support .wma, Samsung, along with many other manufacturers, has added the necessary support.)

if you can keep this one in mind for a fix when possible, it would be much appreciated.

(2013-07-09, 20:58)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]As for the artists: The current implementation only shows album artists because otherwise it leads to a couple of issues that I could only fix by redesigning the music db since the way artists are handled changed between eden and frodo. If you really need to browse the complete list of artists you can use File Mode "Files => Music (Sources) => MUSIC DB => Artists. This will show the exact same listing as xbmc shows, but there is currently no search feature in file mode which makes browsing a large artist list useless..

Though not ideal (so please keep it on your list of things to fix long term), I can live with this. Quite by chance, I discovered yesterday that, if I go into "Songs", I can search on artist name and get a list of tracks for any artist. Do you think this will give me a full list? (Of course, if the searched name is included in any track title or any other artists name, they, too, will be included in the list.)
In the full version there is an option to download the current queue into a local playlist. If I remember correctly the locally cached copy will be played if present. So this may work but you need to delete songs from your device from time to time

Searching in songs: Most of the time you will get the full list of songs of an artist except in the cases where a song has more than one artist. In that case only the first one is stored in the db. Multiple artists for a song was introduced in xbmc frodo
(2013-06-27, 21:43)Millencolin007 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that it depends on the android version you are using. The only thing I do is feed the url to the android mediaplayer framework. It it can handle the file format it will play it otherwise it will skip to the next song.

For movies it depends on the external player you are using

According to the android developer api reference OGG should be supported in android 4.0+
http://developer.android.com/guide/appen...rmats.html

Hi Thanks for the prompt response. Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. It seems I'm having the "playback failed" issue with everything apart from a specific set of MP3s (must of got lucky with the first ones I tried). Having gone through all of the pages in this forum you mentioned that there might be an issue with ID3 tags which causes an issue. Do you know any detail about this as I'd rather not have to go through my entire collection reworking all the tags.

Thanks