Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(smokehead @ dec. 31 2005,11:34 Wrote:@ affini :  will test it on my own pm3 and let you know if i find anything.
smoke,
my update script was hosing the image uploads.

the only "real" issue i had was the home-help images are loading but not displaying... all other images are displaying fine.

i figured out the button control is set to 101 must have had conflict with a 'system' id? i do not have any other ids as 101 on the home.xml

jm & smoke... is 101 a system id for something?

man... i hate when things "look" ok but are not.

101 is probably auto-hidden by the home fading code.

i'm hoping to remove this before 2.0.
affini,
i tested your home.xml, and added the pics you suplied to my skin/media folder, checked it several times..but didn't get it to work at all Sad , i noticed that some buttons you are using for your buttonscroller are using the same id's.. that's not right.. or is it ?.

jm,
did you consider the suggestion i made earlier for supporting multiple paths for <imagepath></imagepath> in multiimage controls .. ?

i also have another suggestion... for language files. if a skinner wants to add new options in his skin(s) he only has 2 options ..first of all he can add the text of the new options to a label, but than you only support 1 language. second option will be to add it in the language file and keep it up2date...with cvs.. but this is a pain in the ass if you ask me ..so wouldn't it be better to make something of an internal skin strings.xml ?

edit: maybe this is also an option for keymap.xml, there are enough skins out there that uses their own keymapping configs.
why not place it somewhere in the skin so every skin uses there own keymapping and get info from there.

(smokehead @ jan. 02 2006,02:49 Wrote:affini,
i tested your home.xml, and added the pics you suplied to my skin/media folder, checked it several times..but didn't get it to work at all Sad , i noticed that some buttons you are using for your buttonscroller are using the same id's.. that's not right.. or is it ?.

jm,
did you consider the suggestion i made earlier for supporting multiple paths for <imagepath></imagepath> in multiimage controls .. ?

i also have another suggestion... for language files. if a skinner wants to add new options in his skin(s) he only has 2 options ..first of all he can add the text of the new options to a label, but than you only support 1 language. second option will be to add it in the language file and keep it up2date...with cvs.. but this is a pain in the ass if you ask me ..so wouldn't it be better to make something of an internal skin strings.xml ?
smoke,
i did figure it out. the ids were conflicting, the skin ids definitely changed from 1.3 to 1.85. thanks for looking at it!

also, i agree on the skin specific xml needed for customization. i'm hoping that this is where not only strings can be stored but the newer skinning groups and such. i like the idea of being able to customize one location to "add" to an existing skin (like pm3 or pdm) to be able to customize without "tearing apart" the existing skin files. make adding/reversing the changes easier and testing too.
hi another request actually, i have been playing with thumbs being displayed of the selected file. its pretty good but it really needs a new vis tag for me. is it list icon or big icon as i want an image there in list view but not in icon views (just a tag for is it list would be fine actually)

cheers just for your consideration i know you may actualy be the busiest man alive.

happy new years
britneyspairs:

will take care of it either via a control.isvisible() tag, or something similar.

all:

i'm unsure how to proceed with the "includes" stuff at this point - am currently wrestling with the new animation stuff and want to get that finalized before extending anything else.

a generic include.xml might in fact be the best way to do it - where you can just define tags that can be inserted anywhere.

something like:

<insert>tagname</insert> in the control section

and:

<include name="tagname">
<label>my label</label>
</include>

then for altering colours, labels etc. it's just the one file needs replacing. obviously you can have more than one tag inside the <include> block - you can even have <include>'s inside <include>'s:

<include name="mygames">
<label>my games</label>
</include>

<include name="gamesbutton">
<include>mygames</include>
<font>font13</font>
<textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
</include>

that way all your translateable labels can be at the top of the include.xml file.

as for skin defined keymap.xml, i guess it depends on how much you guys are altering the keymap, and what exactly it's for.

your thoughts?

cheers,
jonathan
sorry if you've explained this already.

i was playing around with the slide tag:
<visible effect="slide" time="400" startx="720" starty="0" start="hidden">window.isactive(20)</visible>

i can put this in every control and they all slide in nicely.

blackbolt is creating a 360 skin and this slide effect will work out great for that skin. i was wondering if you plan on either making it so you would only need to add one tag in the <window></window> section or the <controls></controls> section.

also, the window i was doing this for is myscripts.xml. is there a chance you would allow <type>dialog</type> for these windows, so the window behind doesn't disappear or would there be a way to erase the window below after the slide effect has completed.

if you've already mentioned or thought about this sorry.

thanks
the changes are currently as follows:

1. all windows have their own windowopen and windowclose animations.

2. all controls have their own windowopen, windowclose, visible, hidden, focus, unfocus animations.

out animations on a per-window basis are done, then the window change occurs (new window file is loaded), then the next windowopen animation occurs.

there's no support currently for rendering the previous window in the background while the new one is going - this would take quite large changes to the source, and i'm not sure whether it's needed or not. it'd also chew up memory.

cheers,
jonathan
i really look forward to changes Smile this will allow some special skins if used right id say. i myself was going to do an xbox 360 skin but blackbolts one looks great so ill design a totally new skin once ive thought about the features and uses for them Smile
i totally agree with britneyspairs, also like the idea of an include.xml where you can store all your customized stuff...very much. this is absolutly going the right way.

maybe an suggestion for fading effect tags, maybe add "%" ..eg:
Quote:<visible effect="fade" fadefocuspercent="100" fadenofocuspercent="30" time="1000" start="hidden">window.isactive(60)</visible>
... this could be handy for things that don't have focus anymore like buttons.
already done, mate - start and end values for all effects.

won't have anything really sorted until the weekend - it's semi-backwards compatibility at the moment. if you are a skinner, and you have a 1.85/86 skin and you'd like to help test, drop me a pm - i'm also available on efnet in #xbmc most of this week.

i've also added ability to specify a shadow for all text labels (1 px offset right and bottom) and it's colour. you can either define it in fonts.xml, or in the control in question. also, you can define the main font colour in fonts.xml as well now. you should only have the one font entry still though - having 2 entries with 2 different colours is just a waste of memory.

also coming soon is rotated text labels for those x360 skins.

cheers,
jonathan
jm,
slow down man... you're on fire... you'll burn up at this speed!

just kidding... you're doing an amazing job!

with all the great stuff you are putting into xbmc i don't see how i'll ever give up my original xbox.

unless some genius ports xbmc to x360! Wink
(jmarshall @ jan. 03 2006,05:06 Wrote:there's no support currently for rendering the previous window in the background while the new one is going - this would take quite large changes to the source, and i'm not sure whether it's needed or not.  it'd also chew up memory.
this could be done on windows that only come from one other window, like main to my programs. just do a image capture of the main and set it as the background and fade it out while fading in the controls for the my programs. as long as the user doesnt change the main window it would work. it might not be perfect(rss feeds, weather, ect..) but could still be a real nice effect!
i posted that over at xbox-scene in blackbolts thread. the other thing is say for the scripts window, after coming from a full screen script it slides in again. doesn't look good, but maybe i had the visible tags wrong.

is there a previouswindowactive(id#) available or in the works.
(jmarshall @ jan. 04 2006,09:43 Wrote:already done, mate - start and end values for all effects.
is that for the old or new skin system ?? , cause i ain't get it to work, could you please give an example.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33