Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
3. would suffer from this if vis tags where used to remove buttons but its not used much.
@ deanrparry

2) my music - libary - recently added...

same problem in pm3 skin

3) visible tags -> musicvisualisation.xml

Quote:    <control>
     <description>pause image</description>
     <type>image</type>
     <id>0</id>
     <align>right</align>
     <posx>580</posx>
     <posy>75</posy>
     <height>64</height>
     <width>128</width>
     <visible>player.paused</visible>
     <texture>video-pause.png</texture>
   </control>

icon is shown after activating osd / showtime / aspectratio
although video is playing
what resolution you running?

pal/ntsc? 4:3/16x9? or higher?
i am running 720p and only there the problem appears...
a bunch more stuff fixed in cvs.

the button scroller images should be working correctly now (they are as far as i have tested.) note that the "first" image on the button scroller will be initially shown when going to the window and will fade out and be replaced by the current one immediately. i have a solution for this that i'll hopefully have time to implement shortly.

note that 95% of these problems are related to the fact that the home page does fading from the code, and this can clash with fading done in the skin. i will be removing the fading from the code before 2.0 (in the very next skin update, which by the looks of it won't have much else in it).

ceomr: it could be the way the list is aligned for the right label - i can't recall offhand how this occurs. perhaps you could take a look at the 16x9 references.xml file and see?

smoke: there is separate visible and hidden effects, so different in and out times are doable just by having two animation effects (one for visible, and one for hidden).

a couple of questions:

1. the context menu is by the code, and this means that in some instances long labels might be inserted, which gets ugly overlapping issues. a simple "fix" for the context menu is to simply scale the background images (id's 997->999) and the button images if the label is longer than would fit. this would, however, mean that the background images will be fixed and no extras would be easily added by you guys. this isn't too much of an issue though as currently the background bottom and background middle images are fixed as id 998 and 999 anyway.

2. the same thing applies to the notification dialog (dialogkaitoast.xml) and this will need working around in either the same way (ie scale the background image) or done by adding left, middle and right images and scaling just the middle one.

3. should references.xml be replaced by includes.xml? they essentially can be easily enough (ie just have each control in references.xml wrapped in an <include> block, though in order to get the "overriding" feature the <include> tag in the window files would have to be the last one.

cheers,
jonathan
if you get rid of the references.xml file then would you have to have all the files for each resolution, or would it load the home.xml file from the standard resolution and then load the stuff from the includes file located in the selected resolution?
the same fallback scheme would be in place, though this would cause issues with scaling, you are right.

let's scrap the idea.
@ right label - my music library - 720p

the problem only occurs switching to "top 100" -> "all albums"
when more than ~5 entries are available

->> little overview -> library

in recently played albums everything works fine

in top 100 songs everything works fine

in top 100 albums problem occurs

therefore i think there is no problem in reference.xml
nevertheless i found no bug
it's not happening on standard pal 16x9 or 4:3 if that helps.

seems to be a 720p related issue.
ah, i see the issue. i will add a quick fix to cvs (untested) and will check tonight to make sure it's all good.
are the vanishing buttons fixed on the dialogkeyboard?

i.e. select caps lock, symbol or shift and the text vanishes on the button. unfocus it and the label comes back...
hmmm, nothing obvious from the code for that (they're toggle buttons) - will take a look tonight.
another small bug to splat!

dialogkaitoast.xml - pal

the pal & 16x9 animations are different (not a bug but a matchup) but the bug is pal dialogkaitoast.xml has a " missing from the slide control.

and the tag has start for window open and for windowclose? should it not be start & end?
fixed - thanks Smile
kai is still not right. it should default to friends list on window open not chat console.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33