Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
i'm not sure what "cool stuff" you are referring to. perhaps some examples? opening things up for arbitrary amounts of executes could cause difficulties.
an easy example is something i specifically would use...

i'm a home automation junkie... so i have a house full of x10 modules controlled by homeseer. i'm currently in the process of writing a python script to send commands to homeseer to trigger devices and events within homeseer. this may be expanded later to directly control x10 items and other home automation items.

so... what if i could sit on my sofa, turn on xbmc, and when i selected 'play' on a movie a pop-up came on my screen and asked if i wanted to dim the lights for the movie? i could answer yes/no, or it just timed out after a few seconds if i did not answer, or it automatically dimmed them without the pop-up. all done via python.

would that be cool or what!
since today i have got some problems with my skin:

1.) after switching back from a window (videos,pictures,..)
the icon of the first button_scroller_button is shown with each other

Quote:        <button id="101">
         <label>2</label>
         <execute>xbmc.activatewindow(5)</execute>
       </button>
       <button id="102">
         <label>3</label>
         <execute>xbmc.activatewindow(6)</execute>
       </button>

<control>
     <type>image</type>
     <id>0</id>
       <posx>400</posx>
       <posy>220</posy>
     <width>250</width>
     <height>200</height>
     <texture>home-mymusic.png</texture>

<visible>buttonscroller.hasfocus(101)</visible>
        <animation effect="fade" time="400">visiblechange</animation>

</control>

<control>
     <type>image</type>
     <id>0</id>
       <posx>400</posx>
       <posy>220</posy>
     <width>250</width>
     <height>200</height>
     <texture>home-myvideos.png</texture>

<visible>buttonscroller.hasfocus(102)</visible>
        <animation effect="fade" time="400">visiblechange</animation>

</control>

2.) icons are shown that should not..

the help button should only be shown if one of the following themes are selected
<visible>skin.hastheme(hilfe)|skin.hastheme(help)</visible>
but it's also shown in the standard theme...

cheers ceomr
don't you need to close the buttonscroller with this ?
Quote:</buttons>
</control>
</controlgroup>

i'm having problems with the home screen images too(id=102,103,104 etc), if i move out from the controlgroup to another button and then i come back nothing is displayed.
(jmarshall @ jan. 06 2006,21:46 Wrote:as kotix has said, it's not an easy thing making an xbmc skin, and i don't want to do anything that makes it more difficult. if you have any ideas to simplify the process, i'm all ears.

so now youe wondering "what hole did he crawl out of?" :oops:
fantastic job on the skinning engine jmarshall. it is really developed in to an advanced system. i'd love to get my old retro skin up and running on it.

about the variety of skins and skinclones. it's one thing coming up with the graphic look of a skin but then to also actually make it... phew.

dare i say win32 skin editor to your question? Smile without getting deeply under the 'skin' (he he) of the engine it feels like one would need something like adob/cromedia flash to easily create an advanced skin.

i must say that jimk72s' editor looks really promising but at the same time admit that i haven't given it a go myself yet. in my opinion such an editor should to any extent be developed in paralell with the advancement of the skin features. but i guess that would require the editor to be truly open sourced aswell?

i'm _not_ complaining

-floink

affini...
as a workaround, couldnt you call the other scripts from the single one you call inside <execute>?

floink...
i think jimk may be waiting for the engine to stablize a little bit. he posted a thread about the future of his editor in this forum.

(loto_bak @ jan. 13 2006,21:33 Wrote:affini...
as a workaround, couldnt you call the other scripts from the single one you call inside <execute>?
then how would i start the movie (or the other things i want to do) at the same time? make a script for each possible situation... not a rasonable solution imo.

i'd think that adding another execute (or add a new tag called <event> to distinguish between the two if you want) would not be difficult for jm to do?
tested my skin with xbmc cvs 14-01 :

1) visiblechange does not seem to work in dialogs (musicscan, seek/volumebar)

2) :fixed:

3) skin navigation is gone when pressing "reload skin", only a boot seem to work.

will look into the above.

smokehead: visiblechange is not a valid window visibility - it only applies to controls. use windowopen and windowclose.

cheers,
jonathan
(loto_bak @ jan. 14 2006,04:33 Wrote:i think jimk may be waiting for the engine to stablize a little bit. he posted a thread about the future of his editor in this forum.
yes i am waiting for 2.0 changes and the editor will be brought up to 2.0 and released. after that i may just make it so you can add changes using an xml file. this will allow those that use different updates of the cvs to keep up. i decided to wait because the changes are made daily and with the holidays and my wife and 3 kids it was not possible to try and keep up. once 2.0 is released i will be working hard to get a working release that is compatible and features all the options a 2.0 skin can have.

it would be nice to get some testers lined up for when i start!
(jmarshall @ jan. 16 2006,00:03 Wrote:visiblechange is not a valid window visibility - it only applies to controls. use windowopen and windowclose.
yip, thanks for the info ..i did that allready, and it works great.
1) jm can you please make mypics slideshow white button act like it does in my music full screen vis. as the way its done now is kind of a hack and is inconsistant.

2 ) could you also do a recheck on the buttonscroller code..before v2.0, because it needs attention.. eg. when i'm going back from any given menu.. it always shows the first home picture untill the right one is ready with fading. (i heard it's a pretty old bug, time to get it fixed).

3) when using "skin.has.settings" stuff to move buttons around for eg. media buttons.. than toggle/select buttons don't work anymore.. also if enabled i can no longer get to my buttons when on list/thumbpanel..i simply want some way to allow an item to select another item if the first item is hidden ...it needs (on left goto 2 ,51 ..eg go to 2 first if it cant goto 51).

4) where can i set the distance between cd's in filestacking ?, or the width of the whole stack thing ?, i rescaled the icons because i find them way to big, but where can i configere stuff ??, not really skinner friendly if you ask me.

5) i'm really missing the "intime/outtime" , and "outdelay" .. how do i do something similar with the new system ?

*) buttonscroller

since build ~13.12.06 there is a problem with buttonscroller
Quote:going back from any given menu.. it always shows the first home picture until the right one is ready with fading

*) my music - libary - recently added...

there is a problem with the right column

*) visible tags
the player.paused visble tag once again is shown the whole time [screenshot taken while playing movie]

this all i found at the moment..
the new skin engine work really great
thanks jmarshall for the great work

cheers ceomr

ps: all other bugs i found in earlier days are fixed  Smile
2 & 3 : pm3 does not suffer from these problems so i'm guessing it may be skin related with your skin.

i double checked your issues and i myself use latest cvs on a daily basis normally.

i have 16/01/06 cvs with standard pm3 skin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33