Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
visible animations are working fine in the version of pdm i'm using.

the <pulseonselect> has no effect on the button scroller, and i've removed the incorrect manual entry. this is due to a number of issues, but the main one being that there is numerous ways to use the button scroller, and pulse on select isn't really applicable to some of them. perhaps if you outline exactly which piece you would like to pulse, i could look into it.

and the alpha isn't quite correct, you are right. it was around 5% out, as it wasn't taking the buttongap into account, and was thus 2 pixels offset down (in pdm at least). i've just corrected it in cvs.

cheers,
jonathan
in dialogvideoinfo.xml i have tried to use the following for the image cover.

<aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>

i have done this so that all thumb use exactly the same wxh area for the thumb.

yet it seems to make no difference at all?
yeah, those are fixed from the code. a couple of other places are the video and music overlays etc.

i'll remove all hardcoded stuff as soon as cvs sorts itself out.

cheers,
jonathan
thanks jm Smile
(jmarshall @ mar. 05 2006,13:26 Wrote:visible animations are working fine in the version of pdm i'm using.

the <pulseonselect> has no effect on the button scroller, and i've removed the incorrect manual entry.  this is due to a number of issues, but the main one being that there is numerous ways to use the button scroller, and pulse on select isn't really applicable to some of them.  perhaps if you outline exactly which piece you would like to pulse, i could look into it.

and the alpha isn't quite correct, you are right.  it was around 5% out, as it wasn't taking the buttongap into account, and was thus 2 pixels offset down (in pdm at least).  i've just corrected it in cvs.

cheers,
jonathan
thanks for fixing the alpha... i love that feature!

as for the pulse...

i'd love to be able to have the button that is currently in focus have a slow continuous pulse... so the text gets larger, then smaller, then larger, repeat... there is an old skin by leonardo called simply green that had a simular animation.

this is a very cool way to show the user what button is currently selected without using images/textures/graphics and it looks nice too!

i'd like to go to an all text buttonscroller menu and have the pulsing effect of the text.

can you put that in?

i'll look at the slide/fade animations on the buttonscroller again... it was working fine for me a few builds back but has not worked in a few weeks.

thx!
i don't think that i'll add that sort of pulsing at this point.

the button controls support a pulsing of the texture (not the text) and i don't really want to add anything like that without a thorough review of what is really wanted across the whole board.

cheers,
jonathan
(affini @ mar. 05 2006,06:10 Wrote:the animation is not working on the buttonscroller control itself (i'm not attempting to use it on individual buttons). the current version of pdm is was taken off since smoke stated he was having problems with it. it was working for me and pdm before.
sorry to dissapoint you m8, but i didnt had any trouble what so ever with animations on the buttonscroller.. only when i first started with an image based buttonscroller for my settings menu, and it didn't work in the first stages .. but that was all my fault, cause i did something wrong codewise, animations always worked fine for me.
jm,
fyi...  buttonscroller alpha is still off in the 03/06/2006 build.

did you get a chance to look at the animated gif flickering issue?

i'll re-check the alpha code, but i'm pretty sure it's as accurate as we can get it (it'll be ever so slightly off if the button height is odd - due to rounding, other than that...)

edit: indeed it is as accurate as we can make it.

and no, i haven't had time to look at the gif issues, though everything is aligned onto even pixel boundaries since you last asked, which may fix the issue.

**removed for stupidity

jm,
v2.0 suggestion...

multi-column listcontrol

would be very nice to have the possibility to view lists on a single screen.
harsh, are you talking about using those as overlays for zip and rar files?

if so, have you tried this?
Quote: <filetypeicons>
<zip>defaultzip.png</zip>
<rar>defaultzip.png</rar>
<xbe>defaultprogram.png</xbe>
</filetypeicons>

currently, this only works in filemanager. it use to work in the other areas.
think thats where i saw em... was a changelog reference
a skinner related suggestion...

after finishing our skins we should start a thread where every
skinner adds one replay with his 2.0 skin

so we have all available skins neatly arranged
and after an edit also always the newest could be available...

perhaps one of the forum_admins could start it...
with exactly rules for a post..
like -> post should consist of:

skin name
skin picture
skin version
skinner

Quote:[xbmc skin]

[image]

[version: (2.0 - 07.03.06)]
[by (skinner)]

cheers ceomr
how difficult would it be to add videoplayer.plot & videoplayer.cast for use in a fancy video info fullscreen display?

maybe with an auto scroll for plot bit like the fadelabel but vertically (with alpha would be nice so it looks like it fades out from the bottom). and for cast just seperated with a comma as a text string (maybe use with fadelabel)?

if its to much b4 v2 release then that fine i understand Smile

thanks anyway guys.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33