Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
i do everything in notepad, always have.. just my way of working.
my code has labels aswell ,and yeah..if i compare my code with yours..it's messy.. you have something of a changelog going on in your home.xml, i suggest you keep it seperate.

you didn't change all tags to lower case, just like i said before ..not only in the example i gave you from the buttonscroller ..but all over the place... check it again and it will work, believe me i had the same problem a couple of days ago Nod

(smokehead @ dec. 27 2005,13:09 Wrote:i do everything in notepad, always have.. just my way of working.
my code has labels aswell ,and yeah..if i compare my code with yours..it's messy.. you have something of a changelog going on in your home.xml, i suggest you keep it seperate.

you didn't change all tags to lower case, just like i said before ..not only in the example i gave you from the buttonscroller ..but all over the place... check it again and it will work, believe me i had the same problem a couple of days ago  Nod
i like ultra... color codes everythign for easy reading plus you can close tags and such.

i have visually scrolled through it 3 times again... i cannot find any other upper case letters in tags.

dl the latest and let me know if you find anything?
did you kick the skin.xml version up to 1.85?
(jmarshall @ dec. 27 2005,13:21 Wrote:did you kick the skin.xml version up to 1.85?
yes. i use the default pm3 skin for everything except these...

home.xml
dialogsubmenu.xml
in your buttonscroller

Quote:<aligny>center</aligny>

btw. if everything works fine untill you put some new code in your xml, it will probably be the new code.

smoke,
i did fix all the caps... same issue.

have you tried it in place of your home.xml?

this is frustrating... arg :nuts:
i'm going to test it.. give me a moment.

edit: just placed it in my pm3 folder, and it works absolutly fine.. what else did you change Huh

i got it working. it was not overwriting on ftp.

but... now my bottom buttons are missing. there should be the power, submenu, and other buttons on the bottom. they are not showing at all.

the log shows these error... and yes i verified the images are in the media folder Nod

Quote:27-12-2005 14:12:03 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem iii\media\home-system.gif
27-12-2005 14:12:03 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem iii\media\home-system.png
27-12-2005 14:12:03 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem iii\media\home-help.gif
27-12-2005 14:12:03 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem iii\media\home-help.png
27-12-2005 14:12:03 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem iii\media\home-submenu.gif
27-12-2005 14:12:03 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem iii\media\home-submenu.png
27-12-2005 14:12:03 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem iii\media\home-dvd1.gif
27-12-2005 14:12:03 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem iii\media\home-dvd1.png
27-12-2005 14:12:03 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem iii\media\home-dvd2.gif
27-12-2005 14:12:03 error texture manager unable to load file: q:\skin\project mayhem iii\media\home-dvd2.png
jm,
can you help troubleshoot why the images are not loading? they were fine before i upgraded my skin version.

also, one other suggestion for v2.0...
it would be cool to be able to have text "next" to the image for buttons. right now, in order to have a blinking light, say on the left side of the text, we must create a transparent image for the text to "sit" on.

it would be nice to have a texture and then setting for the text to be "so many pixels" to the left, right, top, or bottom of the texture itself.

what do you think?
i have another suggestion for v2.0 skin system : it's nice that you can have multiple theme's in you skin/media, but if you have several skins (like i) you need to copy all theme's in all skins/media.. and you're wasting space.. so wouldn't it be better to have only one folder for that.

why not just use the <textoffsetx> and <textoffsety> - there is no need to use a transparent texture. note that the <align> and <aligny> set to center override these, so make sure you align to the top left.

as for the texture loading, i have no idea - i assume you either don't have those files on the xbox, or they're not in textures.xpr.

cheers,
jonathan
(jmarshall @ dec. 28 2005,18:51 Wrote:why not just use the <textoffsetx> and <textoffsety> - there is no need to use a transparent texture.  note that the <align> and <aligny> set to center override these, so make sure you align to the top left.

as for the texture loading, i have no idea - i assume you either don't have those files on the xbox, or they're not in textures.xpr.

cheers,
jonathan
jm,
my missing images...
the images are not in textures.xpr, they individual images in the media folder. it was working perfectly until i upped the skin version to 1.85. i did not change any of the images, names, or the home.xml layout, at all. nothing changed.

do i need to put in the path?

here's the code snipet...
Quote: <texturefocus>home-submenu.gif</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>home-submenu.png</texturenofocus>

as for the textoffset...
the problem comes into play with the buttonscroller. last time i tried it with a small image, the text would only display on the image. i will try again and see the outcome.
@ affini : maybe it's just me, but it seems that you didn't used the <controlgroup> tag, only thing i see is a </controlgroup> tag.

edit: i'm wrong, found the <controlgroup>.

if the log file tells you there's an error loading them, it will not be a position problem.. and if you put all images in your skin/media folder it will not be a textures.xpr problem. i see that you renamed all images so they don't match with the ones used by the xpr file ...so maybe it has something to do with the way you upload them, just like before with your other files, but that's not for sure.

(smokehead @ dec. 28 2005,19:17 Wrote:if the log file tells you there's an error loading them, it will not be a position problem.. and if you put all images in your skin/media folder it will not be a textures.xpr problem. i see that you renamed all images so they don't match with the ones used by the xpr file ...so maybe it has something to do with the way you upload them, just like before with your other files, but that's not for sure.

jm & smoke,

for the images...

a) i did not re-upload them when i changed the home.xml

b) they work fine loading with irfanview, internet explorer, windows explorer (explorer preview window, thumbnail view, and filmstrip view) and photoshop without issue.

link to images

i verified that you cannot have a button with text "next" to it... the text only displays on the button itself.
here's the code i'm using. the commented out code works, becasue the text is on a 200 pix wide button. the enabled code does not since the button is only 34 pix wide, the text does not display at all:

Quote:            <type>buttonscroller</type>
           <id>300</id>
           <posx>84</posx>
           <posy>222</posy>
<!--            <width>200</width> -->
<width>34</width>
           <height>33</height>
           <buttongap>6</buttongap>
           <numbuttons>5</numbuttons>
           <orientation>vertical</orientation>
           <align>left</align>
           <aligny>top</aligny>
           <movement>0</movement>
           <defaultbutton>3</defaultbutton>
           <alpha>0</alpha>
           <wraparound>yes</wraparound>
           <smoothscrolling>no</smoothscrolling>
           <font>special13</font>
           <onleft>101</onleft>
           <onright>96</onright>
           <onup>300</onup>
           <ondown>300</ondown>
           <textoffsetx>40</textoffsetx>
<!--            <texturefocus>home-focus-wide.gif</texturefocus> -->
           <texturefocus>home-focus-32x34.gif</texturefocus>            
           <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
           <textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
           <pulseonselect>true</pulseonselect>

here's a screen shot:

with the skin changes could you add a option in themes like different colour selections kind of like unleashx, nero smartcenter or is this already possible?

thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33