Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
thanks affini, will take a look.

smokehead: it's due to there being no keymap entry for custom window 56. nothing we can really do about it imo.

deanrparry: i'll fix it (thought i already did, but i guess i missed it)

cheers,
jonathan
affini:

the problem with your button scroller is render order. you are rendering the background image after the scroller. this would have worked before as the order was wrong before.

things render in the order present in the xml file.

your multiimages are probably the same reason, though i don't see any buttonscroller.hasfocus() conditions there and i presume you want to be using those.

cheers,
jonathan
(jmarshall @ feb. 15 2006,13:38 Wrote:affini:

the problem with your button scroller is render order.  you are rendering the background image after the scroller.  this would have worked before as the order was wrong before.

things render in the order present in the xml file.

your multiimages are probably the same reason, though i don't see any buttonscroller.hasfocus() conditions there and i presume you want to be using those.

cheers,
jonathan
i thought the buttonscroller.hasfocus() could be replaced with controlgroup.hasfocus so i made the buttonscroller a control group, should i not?
use buttonscroller.hasfocus. there's no need for it to be in a control group.
all fixed... thanks!
since a few days i use the buttonscroller in settings menu.. but somehow it doesn't remember wich option was focused last, it always starts with the first option.. but it does work with my scroller in home.xml (<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">) ... do i need to add more stuff to get it working correct ?

jm maybe if you have some time after finalizing v2.0, we could change buttonscroller to support images instead of labels..this way we could make great things that could be used for scrolling options (like psp interface) i know that images can allready be added, also only one animation is possible when sliding (left or right.. it always will only go one way) but it is very primitive.. but if you ask me it has great potention.
(jmarshall @ feb. 15 2006,19:32 Wrote:thanks affini, will take a look.

smokehead: it's due to there being no keymap entry for custom window 56.  nothing we can really do about it imo.

deanrparry: i'll fix it (thought i already did, but i guess i missed it)

cheers,
jonathan
thank for the weather fix jm... just a quickie might be worth reducing the day 0,1,2,3 width labels to say 105 or 100 as the text on a multiline still sits just slightly outside the blue_rectangle.png <thats actually grey> Smile

also i noticed that when playing a film... if i use <info> to bring up movie info Smile its great then <info> again to make it vanish.

then if i use either osd or seek through movie it pops up the movie info for a split second? almost like it had not finished the end animation cycle? i even closed the <info> then waited for a good while then bought up osd and it still flicked on and off screen? any ideas? maybe the visiblechange?

example of xml snippet...

<control>
     <description>cover image</description>
     <type>image</type>
     <id>1</id>
     <posx>75</posx>
     <posy>455</posy>
     <width>100</width>
     <height>100</height>
     <info>videoplayer.cover</info>
     <keepaspectratio>true</keepaspectratio>
     <visible>player.showinfo</visible>
     <animation effect="fade" time="500">visiblechange</animation>
   </control>

could it be the fact that the defaultcontrol for the window relates to an id that does not exit i.e. 13? so its trying to focus on the last item shown i.e. the video info?

i read somewhere in the manual about setting it to true? can i just remove the defaultcontrol?

smokehead:

yeah, i'm aware of it. i haven't had time to do generic "save control setting on window exit" code stuff as yet. when i do it, it'll only save the default control details anyway (and it's only valid for buttonscroller + list/thumbs probably).

as for the buttonscroller - you don't have to have labels if you don't want them - just use images instead.

deanrparry:

i have a couple of ideas as to why that is. i suspect it is because the output anim isn't finishing as you say.

cheers,
jonathan
(jmarshall @ feb. 16 2006,22:01 Wrote:yeah, i'm aware of it. i haven't had time to do generic "save control setting on window exit" code stuff as yet. when i do it, it'll only save the default control details anyway (and it's only valid for buttonscroller + list/thumbs probably).
that will do i guess..

(jmarshall @ feb. 16 2006,22:01 Wrote:as for the buttonscroller - you don't have to have labels if you don't want them - just use images instead.
yes i know ,but it would be nice i f some one could change the way buttonscroller works now.. or even make a new one that support only images and uses for eg. id301.. cause this :

Quote: <button id="1">
<description>appearance</description>
<label>appearance</label>
<onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(19)</onclick>
<posx>200</posx>
<posy>105</posy>
<texture>settings-appearance-nofocus.png</texture>
<width>300</width>
<height>300</height>
<animation effect="slide" start="720,0" end="0,0" acceleration="1" time="200">windowopen</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="720,0" end="0,0" acceleration="1" time="200">visible</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-720,0" acceleration="-1" time="200">hidden</animation>
</button>
isn't really working :verysad: , if this could be done than <animation> wouldn't be needed, cause the scroller does that, and the move left/right problem is also fixed.
maybe i misunderstand what you are trying to do.

send me a link to your skin and i'll take a look.

cheers,
jonathan
fixed the issue in fullscreen video - it was the animations as we both suspected.

i've also added a <textwidth> tag for button controls - it will truncate any text if it's too long if this tag is set.

cheers,
jonathan
i think smoke wants to do something like os x's dock with the button scroller.
i know your into a bug bash, but would a setting for <type>radiobutton</type> to be able to set the <textureheight> and <texturewidth> be possible.

if it already exists, i can't find it.

i don't know if i read the code correctly, but it may be hard coded at 16?

maybe change it to use the buttons height?

adding stuff like that doesn't break other stuff, so i can look into it. at the moment it's hardcoded both in size and in position.

how about:

<radiowidth>
<radioheight>
<radioposx>
<radioposy>

not sure what <radioposx> and <radioposy> should be measured from - i guess the <posx> and <posy> would make most sense.

if they're not present (ie zero) then the default positioning and width will be used.
(affini @ dec. 21 2005,09:43 Wrote:jm,
if you will humor me... take a look at the interface here:
http://www.xlobby.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3793

you'll see screenshots of several different menu styles -scrolling horizontally and vertically using purely images and others with images and text.

i'd love to see xbmc have the ability to do these things.
i think i suggested very early in this thread, what smokehead is now wanting.

i think it would be very nice to have a button scroller where you could assign both on and off focus images, thus requiring no text (but still allowing it of course).

another request i have is to be able to hide the text under the folder icons. this would be very nice for when folder.jpg icons are used during 'large icons' view.

others would like it too... the thread on it is here:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....=affini
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33