Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
oh and chat console seems to miss arena headline text u get users and chat but seems limited
it could be the colours are around the wrong way. check the pen colours being sent in the constructor if you have a chance. i'll see what stuff i can do in kai without a net connection.

thanks,
jonathan
- 16-01-2006 fixed: visibility reset due to home page fading from the code.

does that fixes my buttonscroller problem ?

what about the other stuff ? :verysad:

smokehead: yes. skin reload from a dialog is also working again. what was the other stuff?
if you say you fixed everything, than there is no more "other stuff" ..so far, i'm only trying to help get things better.. and thanks for fixing it :thumbsup:

(jmarshall @ jan. 17 2006,03:12 Wrote:it could be the colours are around the wrong way.  check the pen colours being sent in the constructor if you have a chance.  i'll see what stuff i can do in kai without a net connection.

thanks,
jonathan
pen colours seem fine in .xml one thing i have noticed.

pm3 chat panels shows no system text at all for kai!

but! try a 3rd party skin like pdm and it show a black font. but the pen colour is definately not black.

another thing... i personally think its not even thinking of using the pencolour and is using a hardcoded alternative due to the fact that in pdm smokehead set all his fonts with <shadowcolor> and guess which font is the only one without. yup! the kai system text Smile

so maybe something else in guiconsolecontrol.cpp is broken? or is still using old code?

i've tried adding visible tags to the chatpanel so it only loads when chat buttons are focused i tried chat tab id and mode button id and both together but im giving up i cannot get my head round it.

update : tried a 08/01 build all i well then tried 10/01 build and everything is broke in kai... i noticed jm did some work on visible tags around the 09/01 maybe this means buddies.xml needs visible tags to work properly now? and as for the font problem :bomb:

suggestion for pm3 skin v.2: bigger thumbnail shown on leftside, see screenshot. bigger thumb should fade in if i stay on the movie for more then "2 seconds" then fade out if i move to next movie.

same for my music Smile
dont know if that can be done without coding? maybe a skin alteration? like a item has focus? show thumb? kraqh3d & jm are the ones to ask but nice idea Smile
Quote:suggestion for pm3 skin v.2: bigger thumbnail shown on leftside, see screenshot. bigger thumb should fade in if i stay on the movie for more then "2 seconds" then fade out if i move to next movie.

this should be possible. theres an info item of "listitem.thumb" which you can use for this.
it's possible, but the fading won't happen.

as for kai, i'm going to need some help to get that going correctly again. the window loads up ok for me, but most of the code is reliant on the network connection being present, so it's kinda hard for me to test most of it out.

as for the colours + fonts in the console control, that helps. it's possibly due to the colours in the xml file not being assigned correctly in guicontrolfactory.cpp. will look into this later on.

i've added quite a few fixes/changes over the last few days that you should really only test kai out on todays or greater builds.

cheers,
jonathan
latest cvs. removed t&udata and albums/thumbs dir... restarted xbmc opened videos to start a fresh .db restarted again to be sure then attempted lookups.

again requiring a network connection jm the imdb lookups on my system are broke... if i do a single lookup its fine move to the next and its fine but removes the previous lookups thumb. if i query all files it does the first lookup great then uses this lookup on all the queries and flys through the process in 10 seconds for 110 avi's.

has there been any change to the lookup or video thumbs? as it does not affect music.

could it be linked to : changelog : readded accidently removed video folder retrieval and removed debugging of gui animations or the recent directory history code implemented by bobbin?
cvs 17-01: buttonscroller first image problem is still there,..the skin reload issue is indeed fixed, but half, if i do a reload with the buttonmenu i can navigate after that, but the dialogbuttonmenu doesn't work anymore.

i'm starting to wonder if i did something wrong myself with the bg's and buttonscroller.

Quote: <control>
<description>games bg</description>
<type>image</type>
<id>0</id>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>105</posy>
<width>720</width>
<height>362</height>
<texture>pic games.png</texture>
<visible>!skin.hassetting(personal) + !player.hasmedia + buttonscroller.hasfocus(142)</visible>
<animation effect="fade" time="200">visiblechange</animation>
</control>
can somebody confirm if this is correct.

the code is fine.

either contact me in #xbmc or pm me where to obtain the home.xml (and support files) of your skin and i'll take a look.
how do i go about fixing the 'mybuddies.xml' it loads the entire xml in one go and as there are 4 main options : friends, games, arenas, chat they all overlap each other and it looks a nightmare and must be using extra resources.

the problem i have is that i tried the <visible>control.hasfocus(3083)</visible> for the chat panel which is a large png that covers the window upon open but should only be displayed when the chat tab is highlighted.

the main buttons is a flicker button according to the code? so how do i sort out the visibility conditions for this xml?

:help:

jm,
i have a question about filestacking. xbmc provides filestacking, thats a good thing. but the skin system looks a little poor with stacked files. i would ask to redesign that part. i will explain my question.

when i try to play a movie with multiple parts (stacked view), the system comes up with little cd images. after that i have to select one of those. but i can see a title or name. so i do not know witch to select. its not a problem when i play a movie, but a dir with 25 homevideo's makes it not easy.

the skinsystem does not support more then 16 parts. thats not a good thing.

smokehead makes a redesign. see the examples. i hope you can help him?

- my question is to make the system so that we could add filenames, like shutdownmenu does.

- my second question is to make the system compatible with more then 16 parts, with scrolling.

- my third question is to always center the cd-images.

- may last question is to add a autoscale-function.

two examples:

thanks, sollie.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33