Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
thanks, getting rid of big worked.

still i have to specifically add the <reverse> in settingscategory.xml even though it's in references. no big deal, just thought it wasn't reading or ignoring it.

heres the references.xml entry:
Quote: <control>
<description>default spincontrolex</description>
<type>spincontrolex</type>
<id>9</id>
<posx>530</posx>
<posy>140</posy>
<width>300</width>
<height>48</height>
<!--visible>true</visible-->
<animation></animation>
<texturefocus>list-focus.png</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
<textureup>scroll-up.png</textureup>
<textureupfocus>scroll-up-focus.png</textureupfocus>
<texturedown>scroll-down.png</texturedown>
<texturedownfocus>scroll-down-focus.png</texturedownfocus>
<spinwidth>42</spinwidth>
<spinheight>42</spinheight>
<colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>
<label></label>
<font>buttontext</font>
<textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
<disabledcolor>60d0d0d0</disabledcolor>
<shadowcolor></shadowcolor>
<subtype>int</subtype>
<reverse>yes</reverse>
<align>left</align>
<aligny>center</aligny>
<textoffsetx>7</textoffsetx>
<textoffsety></textoffsety>
<pulseonselect></pulseonselect>
<onup>2</onup>
<ondown>3</ondown>
<onleft>1</onleft>
<onright>1</onright>
</control>

heres settingscategory.xml.
Quote: <control>
<description>default spincontrolex</description>
<type>spincontrolex</type>
<id>9</id>
<reverse>yes</reverse>
</control>
possibly not reading it from references - easy to fix.
what is this <subtype>int</subtype> doing exactly Huh
jm,

1 question and 1 request...

can you add some of the features smokehead has added to pdm?

i'm specifically interested in the thumb in the lower left corner when a list item is highlighted... very nice (way to go smoke!Wink

can you make the listcontrol icons configurable via an include. i'm specifically interested in how smokehead has changed the 'icon' and 'large icon' views to cram in more icons for each. i find the standard 'large icon' view is overkill for large screen tvs and the regular 'icon' view has too few, but smoke's version crams too many in. it would be nice to have an easy (and centralized) way to make changes so not needing to mod the xmls directly. one step further to make it perfect would allow it to be configruable via gui so no xml mods are required.
smokehead: basically nothing nowadays. it used to specify whether it contained an integer, text, or a floating point value. not the sort of thing the skinner should be interested in. it's hardly ever needed now i don't think.

affini: there's not really any way to do that. i do hope that one day i'll have time to redo the thumbpanel so that it was more dynamic (eg skinner just specifies the relative item sizes, and xbmc calculates how big each item should be) but i haven't had time before 2.0 and won't have time either to do this.

cheers,
jonathan
hi jonathan, i'd like to talk with you about this change made few days ago:
- 20-02-2006 changed: if no thumb is available, listitem.thumb uses the icon image.

i personally don't like it at all because it shows icons that aren't really relevant like:

defaultfolderback.png
defaultfolderbig.png
defaultharddiskbig.png
etc. etc.

another reason is that previously i can set the "keepaspectratio" to false (specally in video section) to make the thumb fit my dvd background but now leaving it to false it will stretch the icon too much.

i could set it to true but then i should not use a dvd background.... and definitly would not like that.
here are some shots were icons are stretched:

and here you see the thumb is fitting perfectly the bg:

can we go back to old way?
cheers.

i am sorry  kotix, but i like it at the way it is.

sollie

ps: in pdm it's working great.

well i don't see the point of showing an hdd icon or a network icon in list view so if jm can give me something to disable the icons will be great, but if he can't i already have some ideas to avoid it (i always find my way to do it :p ).

just a little consideration:
- icons are square and their size is fixed (128x128 tipically)
- thumbs change depending on which section we are browsing (music, videos, etc..) and their size depend on the thumb it self.

the only way to use a background with them is to size it at the biggest height and width the thumb can be, else don't use a background at all.
a 2.0 skinning engine should let the skinner decide the way to show things and not the contrary.
i agree with kotix. who cares about seeing a large default thumb. maybe an extra visiblity tag of listitem.hascustomthumb could be added and then used to hide the default ones.
(kraqh3d @ feb. 23 2006,17:26 Wrote:i agree with kotix. who cares about seeing a large default thumb. maybe an extra visiblity tag of listitem.hascustomthumb could be added and then used to hide the default ones.
yes, i agree aswell.. but it is not finished yet i guess, there was a bug in mymusicnav.xml that showed defaultfolderback.png, defaultfolderbig.png,
defaultharddiskbig.png, etc when using listitem.thumb.. i talked to jm about it and he decided to do the same for all others (he said that probably not everybody was going to like it) but that can easily be fixed by doing what kraqh3d suggested.
i talk to much. sorry.

i'll add listitem.icon to do what the current listitem.thumb does, and make listitem.thumb do what it used to do.

cheers,
jonathan
trying to slide the wideowindow on windowopen will result in a total system lockup and hard reboot is needed.

test with :

<control>
<description>video preview window</description>
<type>videowindow</type>
<id>1</id>
<posx>65</posx>
<posy>385</posy>
<width>130</width>
<height>107</height>
<visible>player.hasvideo</visible>
<animation effect="slide" start="720,0" end="0,0" acceleration="1" time="500" delay="0">windowopen</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="720,0" acceleration="1" time="500" delay="0">windowclose</animation>
</control>

in myprograms myvideo etc
(jmarshall @ feb. 23 2006,12:20 Wrote:i'll add listitem.icon to do what the current listitem.thumb does, and make listitem.thumb do what it used to do.

cheers,
jonathan
can you document the difference... i have no idea what the difference is?
listitem.icon will show the folder and dvdrom icons as well as thumbnail icons. listitem.thumb will only show thumbnail icons
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33