Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
i have managed to get the textbox scrollers displaying under lookup information screens.

but! i think there maybe another issue overseen.

eg. the cast info under my video lookup use listcontrol but so does the standard list views under videos, music, pictures etc... so you can only make the co-ords relative to one or the other not both. unless a new listcontrol for cast is created or xbmc resorts back to non relative co-ords.

i changed the textbox spinposy co-ords under references.xml to 190 from the initial 305 so its great for dialog lookups now but may be throwing another textbox elsewhere in xbmc off.

its only a small skin glitche but i think that not uing relative co-ords may be easier and more precise overall.

remember, that references.xml is only used when a control is missing tags. technically, every control in every skin xml can use the full compliment of tags thereby rendering references.xml useless.

in the case of the movie info window, it sounds like both the listcontrol (for cast) and the textbox (for plot) will need the tags for the spin control position so as not use the value found in references.xml.

if you've got good values for these post them so i can test them and commit the fix.
ahhh thank you kraqh3d i shall get some values for you asap.

for the pal side of things only... this should sort out info/cast/plot spinners and they should be pixel perfect over the thumbnail/listview spinners. Smile

the following override references.xml textbox & listcontrol thanks to kraqh3d for the tip.

pal - dialogalbuminfo.xml / line 178

<control>
<description>textarea</description>
<type>textbox</type>
<id>4</id>
<posx>220</posx>
<posy>320</posy>
<onleft>5</onleft>
<onright>5</onright>
<onup>5</onup>
<ondown>5</ondown>
<spinwidth>18</spinwidth>
<spinheight>16</spinheight>
<spinposx>410</spinposx>
<spinposy>205</spinposy>
<spincolor>ffffffff</spincolor>
<textureup>scroll-up.png</textureup>
<texturedown>scroll-down.png</texturedown>
<textureupfocus>scroll-up-focus.png</textureupfocus>
<texturedownfocus>scroll-down-focus.png</texturedownfocus>
<image>icon-folder.png</image>
<font>font13</font>
<textcolor>0xffffffff</textcolor>
<colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>
</control>

pal - dialogvideoinfo / line 238

<control>
<type>textbox</type>
<id>4</id>
<posx>220</posx>
<posy>335</posy>
<width>410</width>
<height>200</height>
<onleft>5</onleft>
<onright>5</onright>
<onup>5</onup>
<ondown>5</ondown>
<spinposx>410</spinposx>
<spinposy>190</spinposy>
<font>font13</font>
</control>

<control>
<description>cast listcontrol</description>
<type>listcontrol</type>
<id>50</id>
<posx>220</posx>
<posy>335</posy>
<width>410</width>
<height>200</height>
<onleft>5</onleft>
<onright>5</onright>
<onup>5</onup>
<ondown>8</ondown>
<spinposx>410</spinposx>
<spinposy>190</spinposy>
<font>font13</font>
</control>

pal16x9 - dialogalbuminfo.xml / line 178

<control>
<type>textbox</type>
<id>4</id>
<posx>220</posx>
<posy>315</posy>
<onleft>5</onleft>
<onright>5</onright>
<onup>5</onup>
<ondown>5</ondown>
<spinposx>410</spinposx>
<spinposy>210</spinposy>
<font>font13</font>
</control>

pal16x9 - dialogvideoinfo.xml / line 238

<control>
<type>textbox</type>
<id>4</id>
<posx>220</posx>
<posy>335</posy>
<width>410</width>
<height>200</height>
<onleft>5</onleft>
<onright>5</onright>
<onup>5</onup>
<ondown>5</ondown>
<spinposx>410</spinposx>
<spinposy>190</spinposy>
<font>font13</font>
</control>

<control>
<description>cast listcontrol</description>
<type>listcontrol</type>
<id>50</id>
<posx>220</posx>
<posy>335</posy>
<width>410</width>
<height>200</height>
<onleft>5</onleft>
<onright>5</onright>
<onup>5</onup>
<ondown>8</ondown>
<spinposx>410</spinposx>
<spinposy>190</spinposy>
<font>font13</font>
</control>
the only thing you needed to add was the spinposx and spinposy tags... nothing else.

committing! thanks.
the spinners for dialogscriptinfo.xml in pal are wrong also, they're half way up the screen.

these settings are from mymusicnav.xml, they work fine.

<spinposx>419</spinposx>
<spinposy>406</spinposy>
id like to say that now ntsc doesnt work if you have it setup for pal with no ntsc folder. this used to resize correctly or close enough now it is massively out can this please be fixed or else ill have to do all xmls for ntsc instead of just changing a couple to pixel perfect it.

cheers guys
why do u have no ntsc folder? pm3 has an ntsc folder which only has a references.xml and a font.xml file. everything is scaled off the pal/*.xml files. i'm using ntsc and its fine this way.

** edit **
i renamed the ntsc folder, and everything scales fine off the pal folder. the only real difference is that the list and thumb panels have an extra row or two.

hmmm ok thats true.......i have to set every size in xml for pal sorry it used to work differently but this is the correct way ill update my skin.

cheers
it never worked any differently. xbmc always scaled off the "default" resolution of the skin when an xml was missing from the users chosen resolution. and it always consulted references.xml (following the same rules) for any missing tags for a control. the default resolutions need to have all files.

pm3's default resolutions happen to be pal4x3 and pal16x9. if your skin's default resolution is ntsc, then you need to have all files in the ntsc folders.
all fixed cheers. sorry about that i had to update a massive amount of stuff for v2 for 180i 720i ntsc pal pal16x9 i missed some stuff. sorry but it is actually a few hours of work to do the many small changes needed and my brain scrambled some ideas. Confused

everything seems to work now a few people are testing it now and i may release a massive skin in next week (pm3 hack with complete personalisation 50themes ,run your own backdrops, turn on and off anything you desire eg orb logo, weather on front scan lines on front basically complete personalisation is in)
@ britneyspairs : i like to see/enjoy what you've been working on so hard.

edit: thanks, for sharing that expierence with me... i like what i've seen, and what you have done so far. it has great potential for future skin releases if you ask me.

i really like the "personal background" idea, it totally blows the multiimage option away like it's used in skins now a days, as you now can use your own pictures from let's say "f:/pictures,f:/personal backgrounds" to show up in home and use them as your backgrounds, they rescale to fit the screen, or you just turn off "rescale to fit". why add more pictures in skin/media/16x9home..etc if you allready have another folder with pictures on your xbox with lot's of pics init ..it's just perfect..

and than all the extra options in the settings menu, for turning of the logo, scanlines, weather, date and time, and media only.. and all options i didn't mention ..it just rocks, maybe it's a good idea for you devs to check it out and put it in cvs, or didn't you guys even looked at it ... if not, shame on you.

thanks for giving me such good idea's to play with in my own skin, personalizing is the future.. we both know it.

help... updating to skin v1.85 and my home screen is way screwed up. all other screens are fine.

you can see from the screen show the rss scroller should be at the bottom, the buttonscroller menu is up and to the left, and other items are off too.

my home.xml file

screenshot:
holy crap, your code is a bit messy.. and you didn't set all tags to lower case.

this is from your buttonscroller:

Quote:<textoffsetx>40</textoffsetx>
<texturefocus>home-focus-button.gif</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
i suggest you take another look at your code, and change all that needs to be changed..if you do that, it will work fine Wink

i'm not sure why you say my code is messy... i actually have everything labeled and usable in ultraedit with collapsible tags.

i did miss those tags when i made the others all lowercase... but... still the same problem after fixing tags.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33