Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
thank you, i think you've explained that before, sorry.
jm,

here's a feature i asked about a long while back... hopefully you can fit it in... i think you may have most of the code already there from some of the other features you've added.

button scroller enhancement...
thread with original request and explaination
i've setup all the buttons in myprograms.xml to zoom when focused. this works fine.

now i'm trying to zoom <id>3</id> and <id>4<id> when either is focused. i did this by adding two buttons with the proper conditionalvisibility. this works fine also, sort of.

the problem i'm having and this may not be possible is they're the special controls sortby and sortasc, so the unfocused control isn't being updated when the focused control is selected.

i hope that makes sense.

is this possible and i'm doing something wrong. i've tried adding allowhiddenfocus to the other controls, but that didn't work.

thank you

Quote: <control>
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">[control.hasfocus(3) | control.hasfocus(4)]</visible>
<include>sortbybutton</include>
<include>woodbutton</include>
<animation effect="zoom" end="105" center="185,187" time="0">visible</animation>
<ondown>99</ondown>
</control>

<control>
<visible>[!control.hasfocus(3) + !control.hasfocus(4)]</visible>
<ondown>99</ondown>
</control>

<control>
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">[control.hasfocus(3) | control.hasfocus(4)]</visible>
<animation effect="zoom" end="105" center="185,187" time="0">visible</animation>
<include>woodsortasc</include>
<ondown>99</ondown>
</control>

<control>
<include>woodsortasc</include>
<ondown>99</ondown>
</control>
nope, it just won't work i'm afraid. reason is that as soon as one control with matching id gets the message, then that's it.

i'm not sure whether it is prudent to extend this really - will have a look to see if it's reasonable (could cause all sorts of issues)
thanks for the reply.

on another note, is a control.isvisible(id) conditionvisibilty a possibilty?

i messed with guiinfomanager.cpp, but didn't get it working.

edit: would allowing the control.hasfocus(id) to be used as an animation condition work for my original problem? thus not needing two controls.

nuka1195:

not sure exactly what you were trying to achieve (and why for instance just a windowopen anim couldn't have done it). but it certainly gives you more flexibility.

also, what advantage would control.isvisible() give? surely it would be visible using a visibility condition that you can duplicate? (or is this referring more to the hardcoded control id visibility?)

i think the other issue might be resolvable as well.

cheers,
jonathan

for the control.isvisible(); i was trying to have a seperate image displayed if the scanning button was visible, not focused.

so if do not use scanning and shortcuts is unchecked, i would add an image that would make the scan button blend in. i could create a different graphic for that just that control, but i thought there might be times where another image could animate, which would require a seperate image.

for control.hasfocus(id) for animation's conditional visibility, this would allow for instance the sort ascending/decending control to animate with the sort by button, since it's on top of it and looks to be part of it, it looks better. also you wouldn't have to have multiple controls, so the updating identical id's isn't necessary.

here's a sample of what i mean. at the bottom i want to add a couple more "loops" so the scan button looks attached and not floating.

for the zoom animation you can see i wanted the up arrow to zoom with the control.

edit: i remember why i didn't want a seperate image for the scan button, when i zoom it the "loops would zoom also and not look attached.

ok, i can see a valid use for control.isvisible(id) so i'll add that one. i can't promise how well it'll work though, as a control is visible during it's hidden animation.

you can't animate a different control based on another controls focus, however. you can only animate a control when it changes state - not when a separate control changes state.

you'll just have to use separate controls for this (same id should work i think) with one turned on based on the focus of the other.

not pretty, but unless we have control group based animations (which would involve control groups actually being controls themselves, which is no small task) there really isn't any other way around this.

cheers,
jonathan
i'm having a slight issue with animation.

i use the following, it appears that the zoom is starting from a zoom state and not the original size. i need windowopen and visible conditions for the control to zoom when i enter the window and control 4 sortasc is focused.

what happens is i'll exit the window with <id>4 focused, upon entering the window again control 3 & 4 are zoom properly. when i move to control 3 then back to 4 control 3 zooms again so it looks to be 110 instead of 105. i've tried adding all the unfocus and hidden and windowclose to this entry at a zoom of 100 and nothing worked.

am i doing something wrong again? i think this could be done with just two controls, but the double zooming is a problem.

i've edited pmiii myprograms.xml withese settings and posted it here

if you test this, just look to the right side of the sort by button you'll see it zoom different.

Quote: <control>
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">control.hasfocus(3)</visible>
<animation effect="zoom" end="105" center="185,187" time="0">focus</animation>
<ondown>99</ondown>
</control>

<control>
<visible>control.hasfocus(4)</visible>
<animation effect="zoom" end="105" center="185,187" time="0">windowopen</animation>
<ondown>99</ondown>
</control>

<control>
<ondown>99</ondown>
</control>
i forgot to say thanks for the isvisible and updating all id's.

this works great, except for the one issue i'm having which might be my fault.

thanks again.
couple of things ive noticed recently...

*not complaints but v2 skin bug bashing*

dialogvideoinfo for videos needs a bit of a tidy up the cover seems to be slowly creeping across the page 4:3 & 16x9 pal covers some of the labels now.

also i recall a commit so that when a video lookup is done  the thumbs are shown immediately. it seems this is once again broken as you have to leave videos and re-enter to update thumbs.

request :

lets say a movie has no cover image could we have a defaultvideo.png like a blank imdb thumb with the text 'no poster found' or 'no cover found' would like a lot nicer than a blank space on video info fullscreen & dialoginfo.

is there any way to incorporate in settingscategory an animate offset like you have for the category button's posy?

i'm trying to animate the category buttons, but i have no way of specifying seperate center="n,n" for each button.
jm,

4 issues...

1) i'm not sure if this is a bug or just a feature request...

i have this code:
<onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(6,movies)</onclick>

so it properly goes to the bookmark but does not remeber the last 'view' i chose: "icons" - it always goes into "list" view when i re-enter the bookmark.

can you either make it remember the last setting for the bookmark or allow us to specify in the xbmc.activatewindow method what 'view' we want it in?

2) i cannot get animation for the buttonscroller to work at all

here's what i've tried (separately)...

<animation effect="fade" time="1000">visiblechange</animation>

<animation effect="slide" time="500" start="-150,-150" accleration="1">visiblechange</animation>

3) <pulseonselect>true</pulseonselect> does not seem to work either

4) alpha does not 'evenly' fade the text. i've tried 5 and 7 buttons and it seem that the button text below the default button always is brighter then the button above the default button.
thanks!

nuka1195: sorry, mate - no can do on that one really at this point.

affini:

1. it's probably the "autoswitch to thumbs" setting that's causing the change - else any changes should be remembered. in any case, it has nothing to do with the activatewindow() command.

2. animation should work on the button scroller as a whole (pdm uses it on home for instance), but not on the individual buttons (nor is it likely to in the future).

cheers,
jonathan
(jmarshall @ mar. 04 2006,21:49 Wrote:nuka1195: sorry, mate - no can do on that one really at this point.

affini:

1.  it's probably the "autoswitch to thumbs" setting that's causing the change - else any changes should be remembered.  in any case, it has nothing to do with the activatewindow() command.

2.  animation should work on the button scroller as a whole (pdm uses it on home for instance), but not on the individual buttons (nor is it likely to in the future).

cheers,
jonathan
jm,

i added a few more issues (see my previous post).

2) the animation is not working on the buttonscroller control itself (i'm not attempting to use it on individual buttons). the current version of pdm is was taken off since smoke stated he was having problems with it.
it was working for me and pdm before.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33