Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
ive already done a button scroller with pics only......just added a text offset of 1000 Smile it worked perfectly
i did not even realize that the buttonscroller was already "enhanced"... sorry about that.

but i'd still like to have large folder icons without text :kickass:
yep, mine also works fine.. nothing really to suggest for it Smile
use that

<textoffsetx>1000</textoffsetx>
<textoffsety>1000</textoffsety>

i had same issue a few years ago this worked fine
ok, some more stuff added:

<radiowidth>
<radioheight>
<radioposx>
<radioposy>

are all in now.

i've also added some more skin settings stuff:

<info>skin.string(name)</info>

sets the string as specified using the following functions:

skin.setstring(name) - pops up the virtual keyboard requesting the user to enter a string. it's then saved and retrieved using the above info tag.

skin.setimage(name) - pops up the filebrowser and allows the user to choose an image (jpg, png, gif, bmp). it's then saved and retrieved using the above info tag. useful for user settable background pics etc.

skin.setpath(name) - pops up the filebrowser and allows the user to choose a path. it's then saved and retrieved using the above info tag. useful for user settable multiimage paths (which now have an <info> tag.)

lastly the skin.resetsettings built in function resets all skin settings for this skin only.

have fun!

cheers,
jonathan
oh my god..................... i wanted a little help with personal slideshow and this is way better if used right it probably has many many applications to allow newbees to customise without knowing xmls

cheers again this ones a nice surprise

i totally agree... big cheers, and thanks :lol:
Smile

just remember that the images have to be on the xbox harddisk, and have to be appropriately sized (ie not 8mp digicam images).

oh, and it seems the multi-image control is quite slow with this. it doesn't store the files and has to reread the folder every time it becomes visible which is slow. i'll see what i can do about that.

keep the bugs coming.

cheers,
jonathan
(hardc0r3 @ feb. 13 2006,21:03 Wrote:sure u know allready but just in case Smile
the listcontrol/thumnailpanel ani dosnt work on windowopen
they popup directly before ani starts except in myprograms
there is seems to work fine.

and thanks for all the work u put in to this Smile
hi again Smile
an explanation + couple of problems and a request this time.

as for the quote just thought i explain it cause it looked a bit weird.
it looks like as from 0209 build and forvard the list/thumb controls need a visible condition set to animate which i wasnt aware of so was easily fixed with a window.isactive(xx) Smile
dialogselect.xml
animation of listcontrol in this one dosnt work on windowclose
dies at start of animation.
(windowopen works fine)
test with :
<animation effect="slide" start="720,0" end="0,0" acceleration="1" time="500" delay="0">windowopen</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="720,0" acceleration="1" time="5000" delay="0">windowclose</animation>

settingscategory.xml
similar problem in this one.
windowopen animation works fine.
but none of the controls animates on windowclose
they all die on animation start.

test with :
<animation effect="slide" start="720,0" end="0,0" acceleration="1" time="500" delay="0">windowopen</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="720,0" acceleration="1" time="5000" delay="0">windowclose</animation>

and finally a request.

i did split up mymusic in 2 homescreens (mymusic and webradio) and using quickjumps to them like :
<onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(5,shout://www.shoutcast.com)</onclick>

now the problem is as my skin is made i need a extra id thats assigned to the mymusic "family" so i can keep all the music related buttons + the listcontrol in a regular custom.xml wont display a listing for shoutcast.

(im using an slideineffect on all windows and to make it look good and giving it a smooth transition back to homescreen from a section i need to load the homescreen under the background and making it visible by sliding out the bg over it)

but as it is now the webradio will slide out over the music homescreen instead of its own.
so making an extra id available like id503 or something would be great and solve a big problem for me.

dunno how much sense that made kinda hard to explain but i would really appriciate it if it could be added Smile

thanks in advance
you want to change your onclick to this:
<onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(mymusicfiles,shout://www.shoutcast.com)</onclick>

using "5", wont work all the time. "5" opens to the last music screen, so if you were last at the library, this button would only take you to the library, and not to your shoutcast share.
ah yeaa i see now thanks ill change it back.
i usually use 501 tho the 5 is from me experimenting trying to fix my little problem hehe Smile
i have a problem with my button-scroller as well (hifi-skin is still in work)

the image of the default-button is not shown when you e.g. start xbmc or go back to the home-screen. moving on the button-scroller shows all images.

i´ve spent so much time on it, compared with other 1.9-skin buttonscroller....but i can´t find the error.

here is the xml

could anybody have a look on it and help me out....?

thanks
opaeh
thanks jonathan,

i was just changing the settingscategory.xml and the buttongap control is really covienient.

is there a way to add that for control groups. it sure saves alot of editing. maybe after 2.0?

edit: also would a special label for category heading be possible?

jonathan, i had to add:

Quote: if (width) m_imgradionofocus.setwidth(width);
if (height) m_imgradionofocus.setheight(height);

in cguiradiobuttoncontrol:Confusedetradiodimensions() for the unchecked image.

thanks again.
jmarshall bug:

whichever bars (volume &/ seek) are visible when you go from fullscreen video back to ui, are invisible until you return to fullscreen

Nod
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33