Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
in dialogkeyboard.xml <coordinates> tags doesnt work anymore, this is happened maybe after ip button additon.
visibility condition also doesn't seem to work properly.

in xlink screen moving from listcontrolex to right cause the list focus to disappear and it's impossible to get focus on anything anymore, it's only possible to push back to switch window.

tnx jm.
kotix:

please give example xml files so that i can test with - it's way faster for me to verify.

thanks,
jonathan
jm,
i am running into the problem with pixel scaling causing what i call 'flashing' on the animated gifs when the screen calibration (overscan) is adjusted.

i wonder if maybe you could add an option to the adjustment to be able to set it by ratios, thus enabling the images that are "even" sizes (thos would be a requirement for it to work properly) to stretch/shrink by entire pixel sizes.

i think this may fix the problem. right now we have the positions but i'm not sure that really tells us anything about the ratio. it you could set it to scale evenly this may fix the problem.

thoughts?
i'm not really sure what you are referring to - perhaps a screenshot or example calibration settings might help?
opaeh: try changing the id's for the background images - they're not needed as they have their visible condition set correctly. does the scroller focus the correct button?

pike: i've fixed that in my local build - will be in cvs once i fix a few more things.

nuka1195: thanks, you're right - will add to cvs.
(jmarshall @ feb. 17 2006,23:10 Wrote:i'm not really sure what you are referring to - perhaps a screenshot or example calibration settings might help?
jm,
a while back i pointed out to choke some flickering i was seeing on the edges of my buttons. he looked at it and did not see the issue. i suspected it was due to the size of his tv screen (32") vs mine (55").

upon further recent investigation i know how to make it so that it can easily be seen.

i was playing with the calibration/overscan setting in xbmc.

when i set my overscan to the outer white lines, the flickering goes away... but when i get it to the inner lines it is massively visible (i can do soem screenshots if you cannot repro it).

do me a favor. here's the link to my full skin including images and also the psd files. can you take a look at it and let me know what you think. i and choke have examined the psd & gifs and we thing they are not the issue. he says this is an issue you have known about but did not know how to fix at the time. (choke's recent thread with ne: http://chokemaniac.xbmc.org/viewtopic.php?p=3088#3088)

i highly appreciate your help!!!

psd: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=26843
skin: http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=26841
jm! thanks for the changes to weather.xml nice and neat again now... but i did notice you missed the button to label change for day 0 in 16x9 xml.

edit : and the day0 posx & posy positions needed changing to match day1,2,3. also there are texturefocus tags that are not doing much that might tidy up the xml.

i've done the work but cannot update cvs for you so all i can do is advise im afraid.

also the dialogmedia network windows overlay is that meant to happen? i.e. when selecting ftp/smb or xbms

thank again xbmc team.

jm,
along with checking out the ani-gif flashing problem, can you also take one more look at the python getfocus()... it is not working properly.

you can see the issue in my python script (displayadjust) where if you navigate the buttoncontrols up/down, it gets focus properly, but left/right it does not.

you'll see what i mean when you run it.

thx!
Quote:opaeh: try changing the id's for the background images - they're not needed as they have their visible condition set correctly.  does the scroller focus the correct button?

great....i´ve changed the id´s from 10 to 16...and everything works fine.

thanks a lot jmarshall
there's been a couple of changes/fixes lately that may effect some of your skins:

1. window open and close code has been reformulated to be more consistent. this means that all windows now remember their last control by default for instance. if you don't want this behaviour, make sure you set <defaultcontrol always="true">id</defaultcontrol> in your xml files.

2. control focus has changed slightly. before it would just try and focus the first control with the given id. now it focuses the first control with the given id that allows focusing. it's a small difference, but it's something to watch for.

affini:

your skin appears to be pm3 unmodified. mind letting me know what i'm looking for?
(jmarshall @ feb. 20 2006,19:03 Wrote:affini:

your skin appears to be pm3 unmodified.  mind letting me know what i'm looking for?
actually is it slightly moded...

buttonscroller for main menu
custom animated gifs for bottom buttons (change location too)
custom button scroller animated gif

the animated gifs cause the problem... change your overscan settings to the extremes and you will see the problem... flashing like crazy when you are focuced on one of the custom gifs.
the problem is your custom home.xml and dialogsubmenu.xml weren't included in the download you gave.

textures.xpr - not sure if this contains your custom gifs or not.
(jmarshall @ feb. 20 2006,20:43 Wrote:the problem is your custom home.xml and dialogsubmenu.xml weren't included in the download you gave.

textures.xpr - not sure if this contains your custom gifs or not.
strange, i thought i zipped up my entire folder. sorry.

so, here's the custom xmls and images that you can plop on-top of the default pmiii skin to get my mods...

my pmiii mod files (zip)

thanks for looking at the problem!
i'll put this here in case it's a bug and not me.

when i put this in the xboxmediacenter.xml

Quote:<filetypeicons>
<zip>defaultzipbig.png</zip>
<xbe>defaultprogram.png</xbe>
</filetypeicons>

the defaultzipbig.png only show up in the list, not the thumbpanel. in the thumbpanel the image is blank. i don't know if i missed something or not.

also <reverse>yes</reverse> is ignored in references for the spincontrolex and maybe spincontrol.

i couldn't find in the code where it read this from the references file, maybe i wasn't looking in the right files "guicontrol.cpp" and "guicontrolfactory.cpp" and "guispincontrol.h"?
try defaultzip.png

you don't need the big - thumb panels automatically add the "big" on.

<reverse> is being read and set - see guicontrolfactory.cpp (search for "reverse" with the quotes).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33