Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
(jmarshall @ jan. 23 2006,01:18 Wrote:smokehead:

thumbpanels ignore the <keepaspectratio> setting - they always keep the aspect ratio.  i don't see the point of changing this really - imo thumbs are something that should not be effected by the skin.

not sure why you need a shadow image for thumbs - is there a high demand for this from others?

not sure what you mean by the "imagefolder" - this is just a thumb and is shown using the thumb position and sizing.

i'll make sure that the animations are fixed in references.xml

deanrparry:

all the kai visibility stuff is done from the code.  adding extra stuff to the skin file will likely screw it up further.

i'd appreciate if another dev could take a look and figure out what is going on.

cheers,
jonathan
i took a quick look at the code for kai visibility regards the windows states and nothing looks out of place to me. all the visibility tags are set correctly for different states but it seem like there being ignored on the window load?

to much for my little brain Shocked
jm since i use xbmc build of today (jan 26) all my custom made options are a mess (skin.hassettings stuff), don't know what you changed, but i didn't changed anything. also you used the wrong date for the new stuff you added in the changelog (25-01-2001) :lol:

jm any chance the fullscreen codec & aspect information could be combined? under the usual select button? say leave aspect information where it is and put the codec information at the bottom so both on screen at once?

this would leave the info button on the remote free for some nice video information thumbs, title, time etc...
just started updating my skin and found some possible problems.

in myvideo : the selectbutton dosnt seem to obey the "slide all together" it has its own timings eg to slow on windowopen and to fast on windowclose.

same problem with the randomize radiobutton in mypics.

another problem with the listcontrol and the thumbnail panel
they slide fine on windowopen but on windowclose they dont slide at all they die at start of animation.

this is the animation code used and its identical and works fine on all other controls :
[code]<animation effect="slide" start="720,0" acceleration="1" time="500" delay="0">windowopen</animation>
<animation effect="slide" end="720,0" acceleration="1" time="500" delay="0">windowclose</animation>[/code
this might all be me its 06.00 here and im deadtired but looks like somethings wrong Wink
jm, maybe it is an idea to enable the use of right en left trigger use in buttonscroller. everytime i face this problem.

ps: its consistent to enable it.

sollie
noticed that with pdm if it crahes on the videofullscreen with the timer 00:00:00 it also trashes your videos.db? seriously it completely knackers it up and only with pdm must be that (!skin.hassettings) as no other skin has this problem that i know of.

i'll try get a logfile to you or if you want to try... backup your myvideo.db then load pdm 25/01/06 and run a video if it dont crah... keep trying it will Smile then say goodbye to the video database.

just copy your backup backover to get them all back.
another thing is always making me mad is in the video osd, regarding the the audio and video settings.

in videoosd.xml 2 buttons activate 2 windows using:

<execute>xbmc.activatewindow(123)</execute>
and
     <execute>xbmc.activatewindow(124)</execute>

respectly for video and audio menu.

the conditon window.isactive(124) is never true, is always active the window 123.
i know it's made it this way to have just 1 xml to make both windows, but at least give me that condition true so i can use different textures.

cheers.

(deanrparry @ jan. 28 2006,12:15 Wrote:noticed that with pdm if it crahes on the videofullscreen with the timer 00:00:00 it also trashes your videos.db? seriously it completely knackers it up and only with pdm must be that (!skin.hassettings) as no other skin has this problem that i know of.

i'll try get a logfile to you or if you want to try... backup your myvideo.db then load pdm 25/01/06 and run a video if it dont crah... keep trying it will Smile then say goodbye to the video database.

just copy your backup backover to get them all back.
could be..never had any crash in videofullscreen, but all stuff that uses (!skin.hassettings) don't seem to work very good, especially radiobuttons from settings and pdm options. but i'm getting reports that this is fixed using a jan-28 build, didn't test it myself.. yet.

btw. <execute> has been replaced with <onclick>, but when i use it on my buttonscroller it doesn't work.. maybe needs some checking, it does work with normal buttons thou.

edit: did a recheck on the code of videofullscreen and yes there was an issue, fixed in build of 29th. just installed xbmc 28th.. and i can confirm that radiobuttons do work like they supose to, atleast for the image part, options still can't be turned on/off and than i mean options that are visble when pdm starts for the first time ( so tags that contain "!" ).

also when i use <include>menueffect</include> (just a simple fade) in settingscatagory .. there is this strange button under the text .. this only occurs in the settingscatagory window the rest works like a charm.

ok, i'm back.

first the ! problem is fixed, as is the <onclick> for the button scroller.

second, i'll have a think about the control.hasfocus() thing - i'm unsure how to handle it at this point though (one way could be to expand it in the code, but this is messy, so i'll have to think whether there is a better way). no guarantees on that front, as really it's just a time saver, and you can always do it once in includes.xml.

third, i'll take a look at adding visibility conditions for the codec info (as i don't think it's using player.codecinfo in the video window atm, and this will fix the issue i think?)

hardc0r3: will take a look tonight if i have time.

sollie: not sure how easy that would be - i agree that it's consistent with the other list types, but it's not a high priority at this point.

kotix: fixed in cvs.

if there is anything else feature-wise that would be useful, please let me know asap so that i can get version 2.0 stabilized and out the door.

cheers,
jonathan

jm,
are you including the ability to launch a script with an action?

i really really really want the ability to launch my homecontrol script when i start a movie.

(is there enough really's in there?)
not how you want it - it's not really got anything to do with the skin imo.

rather, what you are after is a generic "on this thing happening, please also do this" type thing.

this can be accomplished (for instance) by passing more of the messages on to python. currently we only pass some messages (onaction events, onclick events etc.)

you can look into it if you like - you need to look into the python message system and see how (and which) messages are being passed. there is onplaybackstarted and onplaybackstopped/onplaybackfinished for instance. i'm pretty sure they're all sent to the python message handler, but are probably filtered out at that point (am unsure - please investigate).

cheers,
jonathan
jm,
that is idea (thought i lack the c++ skills to do anything about it) but i'd be happy with a simple add on to the existing controls... a tag like <script> added to the control or allowing multiple <execute> attributes so we could use both xbmc.activatewindow and q:\scripts\homecontrol\homecontrol.py at the same time.

can you just have it parse two commands when triggered?
(jmarshall @ jan. 30 2006,00:04 Wrote:ok, i'm back.

the ! problem is fixed, as is the <onclick> for the button scroller.
hope you did enjoy the weekend, and thanks again for fixing stuff :thumbsup:

(jmarshall @ jan. 30 2006,00:04 Wrote:i'll take a look at adding visibility conditions for the codec info (as i don't think it's using player.codecinfo in the video window atm, and this will fix the issue i think?)
yes it will, ..slideshow.xml also need the same tag, and if it's done this way custom 4 + 5.xml are no longer needed

sorry jonathan but the fix you made for video osd doesn't seem to work properly, because now window.isactive(124) is always true when window 123 is active too, i mean that they work in the same time, just like if one is the copy of the other one.
but what i need is to know when audio or video menu is individually active, 123 for video and 124 for audio.

tnx again as usual.

p.s. did you fix also the includes.xml and the slide effects problems i told you?
fixes for the slide/fade issues are in (that's for kotix and hardc0r3).

kotix: yeah, i know that it's not right still (didn't have time to test the changes i made) but i'll fix it tonight as i know exactly what's wrong now. includes.xml is working fine for full controls for me - i used it in some xml files i did up for the mc60 skin and they work fine - perhaps you can send me your includes.xml and a file that's using it and i'll try them out.

affini: this is not what you want. the list control has no onclick or execute action - you'd only want it to run when an actual video or audio file or whatever is started - not just when the control is clicked! thus my suggestion.

any other requested things i've missed?

cheers,
jonathan
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33