Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
hi all,

spent some time last night adding some extra stuff in preparation for 2.0

new stuff added

* a zoom effect has been added. format is

Quote:<animation effect="zoom" start="100" end="120" center="360,288">focus</animation>

this will cause the control to zoom to 120% of it's size when it becomes focused - the zoom occurs about the point 360,288 (center of a pal screen in this case).

* slideshow information is now conditional on player.showcodec rather than player.showinfo. this allows the music info to be presented while a slideshow is in progress.

* the player.showinfo and player.showcodec are now switched globally, so you should be able to use these two from anywhere. also, in fullscreen views, the remote keymapping has changed so that info now does player.showinfo and title does player.showcodec. this should allow you to display more info of the currently playing movie and have remote users take advantage. it circumvents the necessity for the video codec info to be an info label. note that the white/info button mapping in fullscreen video is now info rather than showtime - this may mean you might have to alter the conditionals on dialogseekbar - i've done this in pm3 if you want an example.

* a new conditional visibility has been added:

Quote:controlgroup(groupid).hasfocus(controlid)

this requires the <controlgroup> to have an id - it's specified by <controlgroup id="groupid">. the id should be non-zero for it to work.

the condition returns true if:
1. the control with controlid is focused, and is in controlgroup groupid.
2. another controlgroup has the focus, but the controlgroup groupid's previous focused control is controlid (ie if you went back to the groupid controlgroup, controlid would regain focus).

this is useful on the home page - it allows the multiimage's (as in pm3) to stay on screen while you navigate out of the main control group (eg to the scripts menu and power or play buttons).

as you can probably guess, this allows the home page fading to be completely removed, which will be happening in version 2.0.

that's all for now.

cheers,
jonathan
ive actually got 2 feature suggestions/requests
1) shared strings
so in either the top of every xml file in the skins a reference to the name of the custom string file or add it to the skin.xml. (pretty much being able to use a string.xml for the skin.
2) read varibles from file (xml or even plain text would do).
(eg text or picture)

so like at top of file (eg home.xml)
Quote:<loadnfo>gamertag.xml</loadnfo>
then on the label control
Quote:<label>%username%</label>
(the gamertag.xml would look something like this
Quote:<vars>
<username>donno</username>
<score>5</score>
</vars>
for more complete example link below to a rarcotainning the xml files.
example rar

oh well thats all i can think of for now.
@ slideshow -> player.showcodec

if no music is played the picture info is not shown

@ weather -> wrapmultiline

thats what i wanted,
but unfortunately its not working with labels

there is no line breaking only the labels are shortened,
in pmiii there are buttons instead of labels used and there is no shortening but no line breaking too

Quote:    <control>
     <description>day 0 general weather label</description>
     <type>label</type>
     <id>34</id>
     <posx>110</posx>
     <posy>500</posy>
     <label>-</label>
     <font>font10</font>
     <include>textcolorwhite</include>
     <wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
     <width>100</width>
   </control>

cheers ceomr

ps: could it be possible to have two buttonscrollers in the home.xml with the same id [300]
but one only shown if system.hasnetwork and one if not

ummm what can i say the skinning engine is underutisied now its not funny, jmarshal your skills are what legends are made of. cheers for all your work you have added everything and more than i could ask for (bar easier to add or alter settings for skinners).

but with features of xbmc skinning engine now you could design forever new ideas and with a bit of thought could probably get close to your dream.
britneyspairs wheres your new skin can not wait for it :o
first i must agree with all the other posters the skinning possibilities now is really nice big thanks for that Smile

any news on the skinning of the contextmenu ?

windows sharing the same ids is kind of a problem in my case mymusic i would like to be able to skin webradio separately if possible.

and i really would like a new conditionalvisibility like rss.updated
that would make a compare to the last string and if any changes turn visible .
would be very useful as a newsflasher for special news and or for displaying serverside info on the xbox.

could be used with a nice in and out slide effect.
and if possible ability to play a custom sound onevent even cooler.

now i have really no idea how much work that would take but if not to much it would be a real nice addition i think.

other then that thanks again for all the nice updates Smile
ive done primary design of a skin...but im wait till all features are in and v2 is becoming more bug free then ill make a new skin at the moment skinning is a little problematic. when all features for v2 are finalised and it goes into a bug bash ill release some mockup screens and a list of features (new ones that havent been used in pm3 anyway) and ask for any ideas etc on features that should be put in or taken out or be switchble.
when i make it ill go fully open source, as in release any part people want cause maybe they can help....i hate doing the kai bit Sad
also a new feature requests.........
1) a default pic if there is no listitem.thumb would be great.
2) now zoom is in it would be nice to be able to zoom an icon in the thumbpanel just 5 or 10 percent (would look great if it zoomed in 100millisecs while last one took 100millisecs to return to normal size)
and lastly 3) a startup.xml that runs just like any other xml but only on first boot then jumps to default startup xml. then people could send in some media pics and the xml of some really flashy intros (eg xbmc intro these wouldnt take that much time compaired to skinning but someone might come out with a gem of a startup using the new animation to make xbmcs introduction a master piece)

cheers
feature request:

collage

this is where xbmc would randomly take images and create a collage to display. this is useful for album covers, movies, and pictures.

this would be very cool to use as the slideshow on the main screen when that specific button is in focus.

here's an example of the feature used in a very nice htpc app called xlobby...

as the debug resolution has allowed me to update my xbe file i am wondering if any of you skinners have noticed a small lag with..

04-02-2006 added: id attribute to controlgroup, and controlgroup(group).hasfocus(control) conditional - see online manual for more details.

previously when home came up the image did a fade in almost instantly. now its more of a flash and there is an image there. granted if you've never seen thedash before it isnt noticable i suppose but when you've stared at it as long as i it just strikes you as odd.
<spinfont> and the label control wrapping should be fixed.

i'm not going to add collage - that can be implemented later and does not prevent 2.0 going ahead.

i've already chatted with donno - includes.xml is what you should use for both these things.

harshreality: i'll see if i can make it set the control group stuff up a little earlier in the piece. previously i believe the home code meant that it didn't fade in at all.

britneyspairs: i'll have a think about it. once again it's something that can be added after 2.0 (ie it won't break skins).

hardc0r3: i can't recall offhand what you wanted to skin as far as the context menu goes - you can place it where you want, and i guess with conditional images you could do a little bit (other than the background and button images). the contents are set from the code, so there's not much i can really do in this respect. once again it is probably not a skin breaker, so 2.0 will go ahead without it most likely. not going to add the rss.update either at this point.

ceomr: will take a look at the player.showcodec in slideshow - i know what is causing it.

thanks for the suggestions for the network wizard/setup dialog.

i think a wizard might be a good way to implement it (but in just 2 steps if we can) as a generic wizard dialog would be useful for other things as well. i'll do up some code when i have a chance.

cheers,
jonathan
jmarshall: had a thought about something that would be useful to what we are doing with the mc360 skin...depending on what you click or which direction you press the animations will be different for the windowclose...what would be really cool is to have animations work "onclick"  something like this would be awesome!

also, i noticed something yesterday and i'm not sure if it is by design or not. when a slide animation is happening and you try to navigate it will cause the animation to somewhat hang (i assume because the code is still allowing you to navigate while the animation is in progress.) to me it seems like navigation should have to wait until after the animation has completed to avoid this somewhat akward behavior.

noticed today that the settings button image vanishes as soon as focus is lost on my programs button?
(hardc0r3 @ dec. 21 2005,01:07 Wrote:contextmenu has a hardcoded positioning from the selected item which makes it hard to skin.
y axis is floating depending on how many buttons is used and
x axis is locked to selected object which causes problems in filemanager which have 2 separate selective objects.
i would like to be to for ex hide the left buttonmenu and fade in the contextmenu over it but not possible atm.
about the contextmenu this is from my initial post about it
and the positioning problems.
checked through all posts inbetween but cant find anything
about freely positioning it tho.
jm,
i know i mentioned it before but i'll throw it out there again...

cursor control / navigation

even if you decide not to impliment it in v2.0 (but i hope you do, i think the code could be ported from linkbox) please keep it in mind when coding the rest of the engine.

i think having a cursor avail would make navigation much nicer, no need to have left/right/up/down for everything if the skinner chose not to use it.

i'd like it avail for the python engine too since i want to create a script that has a complex interface but would seriously suck (and is what is stopping me from doing it) creating if needing manual navigation.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33