Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
1) thanks, not super important. also as a side note it may be that it only messes with the focus'ed id when there are no buttons/lists visible.

2) it is fixable if it is made hidden, then visible again (without changing the focused list item)

3) there is definatly something fishy about <include>. i 'cut' 10 or so controls out of an xml and replaced it with an <include> this <include> version does not layer the same way as the original. see line 282 of mymusicnav.xml for the commented <include> to demonstrate. navigate up from the top button on the left to activate the button scroller. use left/right to make animate portions of it. pay attention to the xbox media center and my music labels for layering give aways

4) its such a hard thing to explain in words. i've included a link to an example that should better describe it. im refering to the left side buttons in music/playlists/videos/files. to see the animation you need to have music or video playing and focus on the listcontrol. move left/right/left/right back and forth to show xbmc trying to keep up. if you stop on the right side after flipping back and forth quickly more than 3 or 4 times you will see them slide in totally out of order (not respecting delay perhaps?)

link to example
lotos playground (pm3 modification)

tanks
loto

ok, numbers 3 and 4 (the most important ones) are fixed in cvs now.

can you please supply an example of number 2 so i can have a better idea of how to reproduce it?

cheers,
jonathan
its possible to reproduce with the xmls i provided before.

start an audio file
focus on the left side buttons of mymusicnav (or videos,mymusicsongs etc)
change focus to the list control. (do not move up/down in the list)

in the upper left corner the image will appear and behave properly

if you do move up/down in the list before the delay has ended (the delay starts when the buttons begin the scroll off the screen) the thumbnail image will never appear. to make it work again follow the instructions above (do not move up and down)

tanks
loto
thanks loto, i thought i tried that, but will try some more tonight.

new change

playercontrols.xml used to close itself when there was no media playing. this has been removed. you should use:

Quote:<visible>window.isactive(playercontrols) + player.hasmedia + !window.isactive(fullscreenvideo)</visible>

to simulate the previous behaviour.

cheers,
jonathan
jm you added the player.codecinfo stuff we talked about earlier, and it seems to work great except when playing a video file.. if you start a movie and press "white" nothing is visible, untill "black" is pressed and than everything is shown...

you bumped the version from 1.90 to 1.99 with only a few things added/modified, but will there be more features after v2.0? , cause i'm missing some stuff that i really like to see and play with...like:

* startup.xml
* buttonscroller navigation (l+r trigger)
* list/thumb panel zoom
* tags for adding sound
* and tons of other stuff
if you use the default keymap, then white now does player.showinfo. the pm3 dialogseekbar.xml will show while in fullscreen video due to it's visible condition.

player.showcodec (toggled when you press black) shows the codec info just like it did before.

if you want to add information about the currently playing item (eg thumb, title etc.) then make it visible on player.showinfo - it will then toggle on white.

more stuff will no doubt be added after 2.0.

i just want to get something final so those of you who don't want to be constantly updating can have something.

additions of the kind you suggest can be easily added without breaking old skins.

cheers,
jonathan
- 08-02-2006 fixed: dialogs without windowclose animations but with controls that had windowclose animations didn't close.

this problem seems to still be around.
it works fine if i make my  open/close animation global at top but if i
animate the controls individually they get stuck in a endless open/close loop when using stop button <onclick>xbmc.playercontrol(stop)</onclick>

this happends with playercontrols.xml havent tested with any others.
code used :   <animation effect="slide" start="360,0" acceleration="1" time="400">windowopen</animation>
 <animation effect="slide" end="360,0" acceleration="1" time="400">windowclose</animation>

another thing that would be very smooth is if it would be possible to use a exclude tag on top.

lets say i wanna slide the keyboard on open/close but i have one texture that shouldnt be animated i would have to individually slide every button but if i could slide the whole window and just exclude that single texture it would save loads of time .

well the kai visibility issue is now fixed in latest cvs!

don't know how? or who fixed it but hey thanks anyway!

also... jm the ip button needs an updated strings.xml maybe you forgot to commit. just a reminder. thanks Smile

just checking in.

i've fixed the dialog open/close thing, and yeah, the ip address strings are just waiting to be committed, as is a couple of other bug fixes for other things.

i have also done quite a bit on the network dialog.

the current system is:

1. press "add share"

2. pops up the filebrowser with:
a) list of local drives
b) list of previously configured network locations.
c) "add network location..." option. when pressed, this opens a network setup dialog where they can enter the details as i outlined in a previous thread (and can then browse the network once the minimal options are entered). once they've added this, they're returned to the filebrowser.

3. user can browse the currently configured local or network locations for the particular directory.

4. they are then prompted to enter the name of the share.

i'm thinking of 1 change to this system. this would be a dialog as follows:

add <music> source
-------------------
enter path or browse for the new <music> source.

[ path ] [ browse ]

enter the name of the new <music> source.

[ name ]

[ ok ] [ cancel ]

this dialog would pop up between steps 1 and 2. browse button would take you to step 2. we'd then be returned here for step 4. this i think ties things in a bit better as currently the "naming" of the source is quite detached from finding it. this is sort-of wizard-ish, and my thoughts are to do both this dialog and the "network location" dialog using the same xml. (ok and cancel + title in the same place, and the other controls placed via placeholders).

your thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers,
jonathan
i got to playing with the effects today (start adn end specifically) and then updated the xbe and for some reason start and end are no longer working.... ideas?
(smokehead @ feb. 09 2006,00:57 Wrote:jm you added the player.codecinfo stuff we talked about earlier, and it seems to work great except when playing a video file.. if you start a movie and press "white" nothing is visible, untill "black" is pressed and than everything is shown...

you bumped the version from 1.90 to 1.99 with only a few things added/modified, but will there be more features after v2.0? , cause i'm missing some stuff that i really like to see and play with...like:

* startup.xml
* buttonscroller navigation (l+r trigger)
* list/thumb panel zoom
* tags for adding sound
* and tons of other stuff
i to can confirm that no i cannot get the video info to show uing <info> or white button without having either the dialogseekbar condition left as per cvs so it uses the condition fullscreen + showinfo or i press title to bring up codec info. only then will the info/white button display information.

videofullscreen.xml

<window>
<id>2005</id>
<defaultcontrol>1</defaultcontrol>
<controls>
<!-- codec infos -->
<control>
<description>media info background image</description>
<type>image</type>
<id>0</id>
<posx>-10</posx>
<posy>40</posy>
<width>740</width>
<height>90</height>
<texture>osd_menu_bg.png</texture>
</control>

<control>
<description>row 1 label</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>10</id>
<posx>70</posx>
<posy>50</posy>
<label>-</label>
<align>left</align>
<font>font12</font>
</control>

<control>
<description>row 2 label</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>11</id>
<posx>70</posx>
<posy>75</posy>
<label>-</label>
<align>left</align>
<font>font12</font>
</control>

<control>
<description>row 3 label</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>12</id>
<posx>70</posx>
<posy>100</posy>
<label>-</label>
<align>left</align>
<font>font12</font>
</control>

<!-- buffering dialog -->
<control>
<description>buffering label</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>24</id>
<posx>210</posx>
<posy>520</posy>
<label>15107</label>
<width>291</width>
<align>center</align>
<font>font12</font>
<include>textcolorwhite</include>
</control>

<!-- media infos -->

<control>
<description>media info background image</description>
<type>image</type>
<id>1</id>
<posx>-10</posx>
<posy>455</posy>
<width>740</width>
<height>100</height>
<texture>osd_menu_bg.png</texture>
<visible>[player.showinfo + window.isactive(fullscreenvideo)]</visible>
<animation effect="fade" time="500">visiblechange</animation>
</control>

<control>
<description>cover image</description>
<type>image</type>
<id>1</id>
<posx>75</posx>
<posy>455</posy>
<width>100</width>
<height>100</height>
<info>videoplayer.cover</info>
<keepaspectratio>true</keepaspectratio>
</control>

<control>
<description>title label</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>1</id>
<width>400</width>
<posx>180</posx>
<posy>458</posy>
<info>videoplayer.title</info>
<align>left</align>
<font>special12</font>
</control>

<control>
<description>video director/year label</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>1</id>
<width>430</width>
<posx>180</posx>
<posy>479</posy>
<label>$info[videoplayer.director] | $info[videoplayer.year]</label>
<font>special13</font>
<align>left</align>
</control>

<control>
<description>genre label</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>1</id>
<width>430</width>
<posx>180</posx>
<posy>507</posy>
<label>$info[videoplayer.genre]</label>
<align>left</align>
<font>font10</font>
</control>

<control>
<description>time info label</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>1</id>
<width>430</width>
<posx>180</posx>
<posy>528</posy>
<label>$info[videoplayer.time] / $info[videoplayer.timeremaining] / $info[videoplayer.duration]</label>
<align>left</align>
<font>font10</font>
</control>

<control>
<description>time label</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>1</id>
<width>200</width>
<posx>660</posx>
<posy>458</posy>
<align>right</align>
<font>special13</font>
<label>$info[system.time]</label>
</control>

<control>
<description>volume label</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>1</id>
<width>200</width>
<posx>660</posx>
<posy>479</posy>
<align>right</align>
<font>special13</font>
<label>$info[player.volume]</label>
</control>

</controls>

</window>

dialogseekbar... if i leave [player.showinfo + window.isactive(fullscreenvideo)] as a visible condition then the videoinfo works as it also shows the dialogseekbar.

but if i remove this from dialogseekbar... the other visible conditions in videofullscreen are ignored. hence only showing then when i either pause,ff,rw or show codec info (and then press white/info)
(jmarshall @ feb. 09 2006,02:23 Wrote:if you use the default keymap, then white now does player.showinfo. the pm3 dialogseekbar.xml will show while in fullscreen video due to it's visible condition.

player.showcodec (toggled when you press black) shows the codec info just like it did before.

if you want to add information about the currently playing item (eg thumb, title etc.) then make it visible on player.showinfo - it will then toggle on white.
that's exactly what i did, and i always use a default keymap.xml but didn't get it to work like you say.. Huh

also there seems to be a few problems with my buttonscroller and other stuff in home, i saw that you removed fading from the home screen, but somehow my slide effects wich are using "visiblechange" do the slide-in animation correct, but the slide-out is pretty f#cked up (it looks like it's overrushed to dissapear) although the code for it seems okay and worked fine before.. at first i thought it was because i moved visibility code of buttonscroller and others to includes.xml, but when i moved it back to home.xml it was still doing exact the same thing..

player.showinfo wasn't working in fullscreen video window.

cvs has been updated with a bunch of fixes. have fun hunting more bugs down now Wink

as for the speeds - they may have been compromised with the code that was there before (which i believe had fixed speed lengths)

as always, if you find a bug or suspected bug, please provide the whole xml file (on pastebin.com is fine) so i can track it easily.

cheers,
jonathan
Quote:fixed: windowopen animations weren't shown.
fixed: windowclose animations sometimes resulted in the window never closing (constantly animating)

one of these has resulted in funny behaviour of seekbar in pm3.
the sliding, it reminds me of the previous issue you fixed for me jmarshall
if you time it just right; seekbar is about to slide up, you do a new seek, it dissapears then flashes back
hi, i see you comitted some fixes, and i tested it with the lastest build, but sadly it still doesn't work. videoinfo doesn't come up on "white" only if "black" was pressed before.. or do you want it this way ?.. there's also an issue with rss wich starts in the middle of the home screen (know for sure i didn't change this)

Quote: <control>
<description>rss feeds</description>
<type>rss</type>
<id>1</id>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>470</posy>
<width>720</width>
<font>special13</font>
<scroll>true</scroll>
<urlset>1</urlset>
<titlecolor>90ffffff</titlecolor>
<headlinecolor>50ffffff</headlinecolor>
<textcolor>60ffffff</textcolor>
<visible>!skin.hassetting(rss)</visible>
</control>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33