Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Proposed changes for skin v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
i'll commit that fix for the textboxes to cvs now.
regarding listitems.*

many video db users/skinners have requested listcontrol + db info in a single window. perhaps this could eventually be implimented before 2.0 as well? there has been talk of restructuring videodb into something more music library-esque so perhaps its best to wait till that is complete.

tanks
loto
ceomr:

1..4 are all fixed in cvs.

will look into the problem with the fadelabels and the toggle buttons.

font colour in numeric dialog is also fixed - i may have change the default disabledcolor, as that may be what's wrong with the toggle buttons (unsure).

keep them coming!

cheers,
jonathan
is there a label for showing the selected caption in the listviews and thumbview?

like when you select halo2 game is there a way to show halo2 at the top of the screen?

if so it would be nice if we could have access to a compare function in visibility.

example:
<visible>listview.caption='halo2'</visible>

listview.caption would be the listviews selected items label.

this could open up alot of posibilities!

with a compare function and maybe 2-4 global variables we could assign stuff to for the comparisons. 2-for text and 2 for numbers. these would be assigned in your home xml and would stay the same until changed. this would allow a skin to assign a different number in each xml file and then you would be able to tell what window was previously visible before, or if you are in this window you assign 2 numbers to your variables and then if a dialog box came up it would use those variable for placement. this would allow different placements based off of what window is open. just an idea.

insted of a comparison i think the functionality you desire would be accomplished like this

<control>
<type>image</type>
<info>listitem.thumb</info>
</control>

this would display the thumbnail of the currently selected item. more 'listitem.'s exist including text labels for the currently highlighted item
you cant do a condition like that.

the info items are listed in the wiki, here:
http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p...infolabels

and the conditional visibility items are here:
http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p...visibility
will you be adding a <shadowcolor2> for the listcontrol or applying <shadowcolor> to the right column?
if i boot up my xbox my buttonscroller works perfect, but if i than do "reload skin" i can no longer navigate.. untill i do a cold boot again. rss is also using the wrong colors... if i use intime="?" or outtime="?" on my home bg's than they don't work so as outdelay="?" for my volume/seekbar... i can only use time="?"... if i use fade effects on my home bg pics, they always fade from black to visible, and not fade from bg to bg.. my skin is a totall mess.
i'm not getting the slide effects to work correct, they always do everything except the thing i want.

buttonscroller must slideout to the left of the screen when player has audio and system idle for 5 seconds... this is what i have :

Quote:<visible allowhiddenfocus="true">!player.hasmedia | ![player.hasmedia + system.idletime(5)]</visible>
<animation effect="slide" start="-100,0" end="0,0" acceleration="1" time="500">windowopen</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="-100,0" acceleration="1" time="500">visiblechange</animation>

same for home backs, by normal usage pdm back 1 is visible.. but when player has audio it must fade away and pdm back2 must be visible, that works..but if i then turn off the player it ends up showing no images at all.

Quote:<control>
<description>pdm home back 1</description>
<type>image</type>
<id>1</id>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>720</width>
<height>576</height>
<texture>4x3-main.png</texture>
<visible>!player.hasmedia | ![player.hasmedia + system.idletime(5)]</visible>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="500">visiblechange</animation>
</control>

<control>
<description>pdm home back 2</description>
<type>image</type>
<id>1</id>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>720</width>
<height>576</height>
<texture>4x3-main2.png</texture>
<visible>player.hasmedia</visible>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="500">visiblechange</animation>
</control>

nuka1195: probably won't bother with <shadowcolor2> - using the one from the normal text label will probably suffice i think? will add tonight.

smokehead:

1. the visiblechange hidden anim wasn't working correctly (would just hide immediately) - this has been fixed in cvs.

2. the visiblechange animation states the "forward" animation (ie the animation to perform on the control becoming visible). i suggest you want start="-100,0" end="0,0". same for your fade tags on the images - start should be 0 (transparent), end should be 100 (opaque). the visiblechange animation is exactly the same as a visible animation, but it also adds a hidden animation the reverse of what you specify (ie start and end swapped over, and acceleration reversed).

3. there is no in* tags. there is only time and delay.

cheers,
jonathan
pm3 - cityname in weather is overlapping arrows in build from 11 jan.

thanks for the report - already fixed though.
jmarshall...

i got a favor to ask... could pin a topic with the require changes to make the skin complete updated to the current build before the rollover? or point me to the full list of requirements?

i keep reading this thread and i'm have dificultly weeding out the required changes.

thanks,

hades_666
i'll do my best to grep through this thread and pop them down in one spot. until then, just look through this thread for all my posts Smile
that is what i have been doing... ill continue that way. on a side thought, great jon so far.
jonathan,
are we able to have several items on the <execute> line?

if not, i'd like to request that in v2.0

this would allow some very cool stuff... specifically, i'm thinking of running python scripts with certain triggers.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33