Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in the custom submenu itens, there's an option to select it from a folder, a playlist or an add-on. could you add an option to add from favourites as well?
(2014-04-21, 15:14)mortstar Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jeroen a couple of small things:

Home Menu > Video > Addons - Always shown no matter what is selected.
Watchlist - You removed the custom_Watchlist.xml file in one commit and then re-added it in another. It isn't used any more so I assume can be removed safely.

Really loving the skin!

I'll look into those, cheers

(2014-04-22, 05:05)fabiomello Wrote: [ -> ]in the custom submenu itens, there's an option to select it from a folder, a playlist or an add-on. could you add an option to add from favourites as well?

No, I have no plans to add this.
Great skin. I have been using it on my pi for days now and it works great.
2/3 things i saw
- the default background is sometimes long to load (i am on pi though...) which means having a black background while waiting for the background to load
- while playing the video there is no simple way to show playing info, right? Especially the remaining time. Usually that info is displayed when invoking the menu with Enter. In you skin there is just a menu and no progress bar. Maybe it could become an option?
- this is just my feeling about the menu when playing video, i like it but i am not sure i like the fact that it is in the center of the screen. It kind of hides the video. I know it s a menu, but sometimes i like to keep the menu opened while i decide what i do :p, and mostly in other skins to see the playing time.

Great skin, became my default one!
Thanks, I'm going to do some tweaking to transition animations that will hopefully make things a bit smoother on the Pi.

You can press i / info to bring up info like remaining time.
@Jeroen

How can i rescan a movie or complete serie for updated metadata info or just to change fanart etc?
Now i need to switch to other skin since i couldn't find it. Not sure it's even there.
Rescanning a serie can be done through the context menu. The context menu is filled by XBMC so this works the same in any skin.
Or press "manage" in the movie / show / episode info screen.

do you still play on making a home screen like that?
I have answered this question quite a few times now. Chances are getting smaller because it will undoubtedly lead to a flood of requests to change or add things to that too. But if it will be added, you will read it here, but please stop asking. I would like to concentrate on getting a Gotham final out and concentrate on other parts if the skin than always that home screen.
(2014-04-23, 19:57)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I'm going to do some tweaking to transition animations that will hopefully make things a bit smoother on the Pi.

Yes i know about the 'i' though i use an apple remote. Apple remote has very few buttons. That s why the "enter" button to show menu and infos is great in other skins Wink
(2014-04-24, 11:25)carmenm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-23, 19:57)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I'm going to do some tweaking to transition animations that will hopefully make things a bit smoother on the Pi.

Yes i know about the 'i' though i use an apple remote. Apple remote has very few buttons. That s why the "enter" button to show menu and infos is great in other skins Wink

You can always remap one of the remote's buttons with a customized remote.xml file.
Quote:Rescanning a serie can be done through the context menu. The context menu is filled by XBMC so this works the same in any skin.

Where is this feature? when active kiosk, it no longer appears, even with "S" .. how to update the media library in kiosk mode?
(2014-04-24, 14:45)Reynald Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Rescanning a serie can be done through the context menu. The context menu is filled by XBMC so this works the same in any skin.

Where is this feature? when active kiosk, it no longer appears, even with "S" .. how to update the media library in kiosk mode?

That's the reason of a kiosk mode ! Nothing should be changed when active, otherway deactivate kiosk mode, easy as that ...
What I mean is that if you activate the kiosk, I can no longer updated and we do not all have auto update setting in xbmc media, therefore, open kiosk, kiosk close, open kiosk, kiosk close ... but this is not important, we get to have used
(2014-04-24, 16:42)butchabay Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-04-24, 14:45)Reynald Wrote: [ -> ]

That's the reason of a kiosk mode ! Nothing should be changed when active, otherway deactivate kiosk mode, easy as that ...

Dont want to hijack the thread and Jeroen already said he wont adjust this. For me kiosk mode is there so that other users dont change views etc. But a standard user should be able to update the libraries from within the skin.
You can do it by entering the context menu, we're talking about the info screen!