Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: reFocus 1.4.0 for Gotham (deprecated)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to use the 'old' menu? I liked it and i am no fan of all these submenu's that are now in the skin.
I also seem to be missing a file manager, of do we have to add that manually to submenu?
What do you mean? The menu is completely configurable. So if you don't want any submenus, you can configure it that way...

Same goes for the filemanager. You can add it yourself, it's just not there by default.

There is nothing this menu can't do that the old one could...
(2014-06-21, 17:30)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean? The menu is completely configurable. So if you don't want any submenus, you can configure it that way...

Same goes for the filemanager. You can add it yourself, it's just not there by default.

There is nothing this menu can't do that the old one could...

Indeed everything is there, as well as blocks around everything. I've stopped using this skin because of this.
Still, this is an excellent skin, I just don't like that aesthetic choice. To each their own, right?
I thought he was talking about the most recent menu update that allows for more customization compared to the previous version of it and not the ancient one. But thanks for sharing I guess.
(2014-06-21, 15:31)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I can't reproduce this, the subtitle change notification shows up for me:

Sorry, I just found out it was wrong before and seems alright after the clean full restart. I was facing other bogus behavior with chromium-browser running in the background of my openelec instance. So the only thing is I think - if it is skin dependent,is it? - that I was able to get with a one remote key what I get under Confluence which is the union of M and I keyboard - general OSD viewed/remaining time and control buttons and options (to get subs, sound and video) together at the bottom. This is handy for me. Anyway, reFocus is a nice and clear skin I like!
is it possible to change global blue theme to something else, like black? also, how can I enable rating for movies when I'm browsing them?
thanks
(2014-06-22, 00:07)dopsz Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I just found out it was wrong before and seems alright after the clean full restart. I was facing other bogus behavior with chromium-browser running in the background of my openelec instance. So the only thing is I think - if it is skin dependent,is it? - that I was able to get with a one remote key what I get under Confluence which is the union of M and I keyboard - general OSD viewed/remaining time and control buttons and options (to get subs, sound and video) together at the bottom. This is handy for me. Anyway, reFocus is a nice and clear skin I like!

The OSD (m) was really meant to be a menu, and the fullscreen info (i) to display the now playing info. Displaying them at once will cause overlapping issues, as the menu's height is flexible and depends on which options are available for a particular video (subtitles, 3D options, etc). Displaying both the fullscreen info and the play / menu controls all horizontally will cause issues like navigation inefficiency (more clicks to get to certain functions).

If it's primarily the duration / remaining time info you are after one solution could be optionally showing these in the player menu above or below the play controls for example. I have another alternative in mind too, but I'm not sure if that would be doable.

(2014-06-22, 11:07)banesi Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to change global blue theme to something else, like black? also, how can I enable rating for movies when I'm browsing them?
thanks
Should be easy to do, take a look at the Defaults.xml file in the skin.refocus/colors directory. The first two digits handle opacity, the rest is just regular HEX color values. The rating was removed from a couple of views a while ago in favor of displaying the unwatched / in progress indicators. Some views like slide still have them.

My plan was to to show the ratings in the info line you see below the titles but I haven't really looked into that yet as I don't really care about ratings to be honest.

EDIT: or do you mean parental guidance ratings?
Jeroen, a question. I do not know if the thing were asked before , if so, sorry.
Is it possible (easily) added info "i" on the shelf?
No, unfortunately not Smile I would like that, but skins have no control over it.
ok sad!

Thx Wink
(2014-06-22, 11:07)banesi Wrote: [ -> ]is it possible to change global blue theme to something else, like black? also, how can I enable rating for movies when I'm browsing them?
thanks
My plan was to to show the ratings in the info line you see below the titles but I haven't really looked into that yet as I don't really care about ratings to be honest.

EDIT: or do you mean parental guidance ratings?
[/quote]

No, I actualy meant IMDb ratings, it takes small space and it's informative, I don't have to go to Info panel of a movie to see it but of course, it's your call, theme is really awesome as it is already.
(2014-06-22, 12:44)banesi Wrote: [ -> ]No, I actualy meant IMDb ratings, it takes small space and it's informative, I don't have to go to Info panel of a movie to see it but of course, it's your call, theme is really awesome as it is already.

Well I was planning to add them in the info lines below the titles. Thanks for reminding me, I'll look into it for the next release. The way I plan to do it requires some font editing, I just have to find a good free font editor for it first Smile
Quote:Well I was planning to add them in the info lines below the titles. Thanks for reminding me, I'll look into it for the next release. The way I plan to do it requires some font editing, I just have to find a good free font editor for it first Smile

actually, I think IMBD notes are often poorly integrated on the skins. it's ugly. and personally it does not interest me more than that, as a little film having a bad note, but I love him anyway. So if you build a new rating, thank you to a nice agreement with the skin!

Wink
(2014-06-21, 23:06)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I thought he was talking about the most recent menu update that allows for more customization compared to the previous version of it and not the ancient one. But thanks for sharing I guess.

Was talking about the most recent update. liked it when it was 'simple'. Everything was there, no need to remove add everything to get rid of the submenu's to get immediately to the movies etc.

And i cannot seem to figure out how to add the filemanager to a submenu.

The original menu was nicer but i like the overall design of the current menu as well

removed151214

(2014-06-22, 23:07)Eoghlear Wrote: [ -> ]And i cannot seem to figure out how to add the filemanager to a submenu.

I assume you already know how to start editing a submenu, so from the customise submenu screen...

Either create a new shortcut (select "Add" from the options on the right), or highlight the shortcut you want to replace from the list on the left.

Select "Choose shortcut" from the list on the right

Select "Common" from the list that pops up

Select "File Manager" from the list that pops up (You'll need to scroll down to see it)