Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 5.x for Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
(2016-12-07, 07:30)braz Wrote: [ -> ]No ideas then, it's working here and I'm not aware anyone else is having this issue.

Just looked at your file names, you might try renaming thumb.jpg to landscape.jpg. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artwork_Downloader

Check the post above. Not sure if it's a hack or a solution though.
That's not a real solution to your issue. I think I figured out the problem though, your thumbs should be named landscape.jpg, not thumb.jpg.
(2016-12-07, 07:42)braz Wrote: [ -> ]That's not a real solution to your issue. I think I figured out the problem though, your thumbs should be named landscape.jpg, not thumb.jpg.

It used to be landscape.jpg but someone somewhere said that naming conventions changed and that's how TinyMediaManager saves thumb image too. Anyway I renamed it as landscape, re-added the show, cleaned cache too. Now the list view shows poster as intended. I checked the "Choose art" section. Now poster is used as thumbnail and there is a new landscape entry. I have one question. When browsing TV show section, landscape.jpg is used only in "Panel" view in your theme right? and nowhere else?
(2016-12-07, 08:05)akya Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-07, 07:42)braz Wrote: [ -> ]That's not a real solution to your issue. I think I figured out the problem though, your thumbs should be named landscape.jpg, not thumb.jpg.

It used to be landscape.jpg but someone somewhere said that naming conventions changed and that's how TinyMediaManager saves thumb image too. Anyway I renamed it as landscape, re-added the show, cleaned cache too. Now the list view shows poster as intended. I checked the "Choose art" section. Now poster is used as thumbnail and there is a new landscape entry. I have one question. When browsing TV show section, landscape.jpg is used only in "Panel" view in your theme right? and nowhere else?
Landscape.jpg is available in many views, just select it from the Art button in the side menu.
Hey all. Love the Mimic, but really missing one feature that was just removed.

- Really missing the ability to have the menu items at the TOP of the screen, dislike vertical and really dislike them at the bottom.
(2016-12-08, 04:51)tjolley Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all. Love the Mimic, but really missing one feature that was just removed.

- Really missing the ability to have the menu items at the TOP of the screen, dislike vertical and really dislike them at the bottom.
The old top menu won't be coming back, but I'll see about creating an option to move the current horizontal menu to the top.

Update: Just took another look, it doesn't make much sense to have a top menu option with the persistent header bar that is in Mimic 5.
I just downloaded the Kodi 17 Beta for Windows 10 and the MImic skin will not install when you try. It gets stuck installing the dependencies and fails.

I am trying to install it right from Kodi 17 same as you would any other skin.
(2016-12-10, 16:52)rkkeller Wrote: [ -> ]I just downloaded the Kodi 17 Beta for Windows 10 and the MImic skin will not install when you try. It gets stuck installing the dependencies and fails.

I just tested installing Mimic on a new install from the repo, and everything installed fine. You'll need to post a debug log so we can determine which one is failing on your system.
(2016-12-08, 05:13)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-08, 04:51)tjolley Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all. Love the Mimic, but really missing one feature that was just removed.

The old top menu won't be coming back, but I'll see about creating an option to move the current horizontal menu to the top.

Update: Just took another look, it doesn't make much sense to have a top menu option with the persistent header bar that is in Mimic 5.

so unfortunately the skin is only one of many standard vertical and horizontal ones..... why not switching? headerbar becomes bottombar Wink)
(2016-12-11, 02:59)blutstein Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-08, 05:13)braz Wrote: [ -> ]

so unfortunately the skin is only one of many standard vertical and horizontal ones..... why not switching? headerbar becomes bottombar Wink)

I'm ok with being like every other skin in this regard. Wink

The header won't work on the bottom, IMO.
(2016-12-06, 17:32)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]When use one of random fanart or image wall as background it only display a black baground. (latest git version of mimic and kodi 17. And latest version of skin helper service from the autor's beta repo)
I've not had any backgrounds load since Kodi updated the skin to 5.0.0.

Was working fine in previous versions (v4.6.x).

Hopefully you can find something this weekend @braz Smile
(2016-12-10, 20:27)braz Wrote: [ -> ][quote='rkkeller' pid='2475393' dateline='1481381565']
I just downloaded the Kodi 17 Beta for Windows 10 and the MImic skin will not install when you try. It gets stuck installing the dependencies and fails.

I just tested installing Mimic on a new install from the repo, and everything installed fine. You'll need to post a debug log so we can determine which one is failing on your system.

I am running Win 10 and installed the Win 10 version 17 from the Kodi website, no addons at all fresh install.

The first error is: BeautifulSoup Installation Failed.

Then: Skin Helper Service Failed to install a dependency

Then: Mimic failed to install a dependency.

I manged to fix the BeautifulSoup error, so only the Skin Helper Service and even manually updated it will not install.

I Googled and fixed the Skin Helper Service and added it from Github, now I am getting many different errorsHuh??
Unidecode failed, Skin Shortcuts failed to install dependency

I think I am going to stick with my original thoughts and skip 17 completely, this is fresh install with no addons at all
and Kodi 17 is defiantly not ready for release.
(2016-12-11, 13:44)CBers Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-06, 17:32)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]When use one of random fanart or image wall as background it only display a black baground. (latest git version of mimic and kodi 17. And latest version of skin helper service from the autor's beta repo)
I've not had any backgrounds load since Kodi updated the skin to 5.0.0.

Was working fine in previous versions (v4.6.x).

Hopefully you can find something this weekend @braz Smile
I posted in the script's forum, let's see. I found that if I switch skins to Titan and then back to Mimic, the backgrounds start working. No idea why that is yet.
(2016-12-11, 16:45)rkkeller Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-10, 20:27)braz Wrote: [ -> ][quote='rkkeller' pid='2475393' dateline='1481381565']

The first error is: BeautifulSoup Installation Failed.

Then: Skin Helper Service Failed to install a dependency

Then: Mimic failed to install a dependency.

I manged to fix the BeautifulSoup error, so only the Skin Helper Service and even manually updated it will not install.
Like I said, post a debug log as it's not a skin issue.
Quote:I posted in the script's forum, let's see. I found that if I switch skins to Titan and then back to Mimic, the backgrounds start working. No idea why that is yet.
Weird.

I'll try that later and report back, although I'm sure I switched to Estuary and back to Mimic.

Perhaps there's a dependency that Titan has that is required.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48