Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 5.x for Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
When I select the light theme in settings nothing changes... Is there a way to get the white theme back that was introduced in 1.x?
(2017-01-24, 07:48)adambollinger Wrote: [ -> ]When I select the light theme in settings nothing changes... Is there a way to get the white theme back that was introduced in 1.x?
What version of Mimic are you using? There is no white theme in Mimic 5.
(2017-01-24, 08:51)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-24, 07:48)adambollinger Wrote: [ -> ]When I select the light theme in settings nothing changes... Is there a way to get the white theme back that was introduced in 1.x?

Oh I see. When I enabled the light theme I was expecting it to look like the white theme. I see now that it is slightly different.

Is Mimic 1 for Helix the only one that has the white theme?
(2017-01-24, 09:16)adambollinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-24, 08:51)braz Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh I see. When I enabled the light theme I was expecting it to look like the white theme. I see now that it is slightly different.

Is Mimic 1 for Helix the only one that has the white theme?
Couldn't tell you, it's been a long time since I gave up on a white/light theme. You still must not be using Mimic 5, as the only theme it has is a Square theme. Please post in the correct thread.
I just discovered this skin and I am VERY impressed! I have used aeon nox for years and have always gone back to it after trying new skins. Your skin totally nails a more refined aesthetic/interface while keeping the same core functionality.

A very small request would be to also mimic the unwatched count badges to tvshows/seasons that is found in aeon. I found another user actually made a mod a few years back for an earlier version, but translating that to this version is well beyond my abilities.

Thanks again for the awesome skin!
(2017-01-26, 22:50)tstack77 Wrote: [ -> ]I just discovered this skin and I am VERY impressed! I have used aeon nox for years and have always gone back to it after trying new skins. Your skin totally nails a more refined aesthetic/interface while keeping the same core functionality.

A very small request would be to also mimic the unwatched count badges to tvshows/seasons that is found in aeon. I found another user actually made a mod a few years back for an earlier version, but translating that to this version is well beyond my abilities.

Thanks, glad you like it! No plans to add the number of unwatched episodes to views though, that information is available in the video info dialog.
(2017-01-26, 23:28)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-26, 22:50)tstack77 Wrote: [ -> ]I just discovered this skin and I am VERY impressed! I have used aeon nox for years and have always gone back to it after trying new skins. Your skin totally nails a more refined aesthetic/interface while keeping the same core functionality.

Thanks, glad you like it! No plans to add the number of unwatched episodes to views though, that information is available in the video info dialog.

I would second that request if it ever becomes possible. I have no complaints beyond that though!
(2017-01-20, 02:55)erinrachael86 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm having a similar problem, but backwards. My resume and watched indicators are on by default, like you mentioned above, but I can't turn them off. I'd like to turn off the watched indicator and leave the unwatched and resume ones on, but it won't let me turn the watched indicator off.
Any suggestions on something I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Having the exact same problem - resume and watched are locked to "on". I'm using the latest repo version. Also happens in Omni.

Edit: Another minor bug - at the moment, when you view your Movie library in List View and cycle between the different methods of sorting, it changes the extra information displayed beside the watched icon - ie displaying the year, rating, release date, or whathaveyou. However, TV shows do not - no matter what sort method you choose, they always show the imdb rating. Oddly enough, at the episode level it works again.

If it's possible to add the ability to sort series by number of unwatched episodes, it might also simultaneously satisfy users looking for unwatched episode counts. It's slightly more unwieldy to use than a badge overlay, but at least the code/layout/design intent is already there for it.

Edit2: I should add for everyone else (since I was the user who made the mod tstack77 linked) that I have no plans to go back to update it for the latest version of Mimic. Sorry. The feature wasn't worth enough to me to keep up with manually patching the code every update. If braz ever does implement it, I'll be all over it - but I'll survive until then.

Edit3: (Can you tell I'm setting up a new install for the first time in a while, and finding things as I go?) Is there currently any way to toggle off the background overlays on the main menu? I don't use any of the widgets, so it'd be nice to have the fanart at full brightness. Changing the Background Overlay images doesn't help, because the issue appears to be that the "background color" object always overlays the entire screen, and adjusting the transparency of that makes other views unusable.

Thanks again Braz.
Thanks Braz for latest GIT update, changing default control of videoOSD, really appreciate it.
(2017-01-28, 18:49)AN^2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-20, 02:55)erinrachael86 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm having a similar problem, but backwards. My resume and watched indicators are on by default, like you mentioned above, but I can't turn them off. I'd like to turn off the watched indicator and leave the unwatched and resume ones on, but it won't let me turn the watched indicator off.

Having the exact same problem - resume and watched are locked to "on". I'm using the latest repo version. Also happens in Omni.

Edit: Another minor bug - at the moment, when you view your Movie library in List View and cycle between the different methods of sorting, it changes the extra information displayed beside the watched icon - ie displaying the year, rating, release date, or whathaveyou. However, TV shows do not - no matter what sort method you choose, they always show the imdb rating. Oddly enough, at the episode level it works again.

If it's possible to add the ability to sort series by number of unwatched episodes, it might also simultaneously satisfy users looking for unwatched episode counts. It's slightly more unwieldy to use than a badge overlay, but at least the code/layout/design intent is already there for it.

Edit2: I should add for everyone else (since I was the user who made the mod tstack77 linked) that I have no plans to go back to update it for the latest version of Mimic. Sorry. The feature wasn't worth enough to me to keep up with manually patching the code every update. If braz ever does implement it, I'll be all over it - but I'll survive until then.

Edit3: (Can you tell I'm setting up a new install for the first time in a while, and finding things as I go?) Is there currently any way to toggle off the background overlays on the main menu? I don't use any of the widgets, so it'd be nice to have the fanart at full brightness. Changing the Background Overlay images doesn't help, because the issue appears to be that the "background color" object always overlays the entire screen, and adjusting the transparency of that makes other views unusable.

Thanks again Braz.
Not sure what the issue is with the watched/unwatched icons. I thought I fixed it so there wouldn't be any issues when upgrading. Try removing your settings.xml file in userdata/addon_data and see if that fixes it.

Edit: Kodi determines what is displayed in ListItem.Label2, no plans to change this.

Edit3: No way the background overlay can be turned off in Mimic 5. It is intended to be used with fullscreen widgets.
(2017-01-29, 04:03)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-28, 18:49)AN^2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not sure what the issue is with the watched/unwatched icons. I thought I fixed it so there wouldn't be any issues when upgrading. Try removing your settings.xml file in userdata/addon_data and see if that fixes it.

Tried removing the settings.xml file from userdata/addon_data and it didn't change the behaviour
(2017-01-29, 04:58)Kokonutcreme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-29, 04:03)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-28, 18:49)AN^2 Wrote: [ -> ]Having the exact same problem - resume and watched are locked to "on". I'm using the latest repo version. Also happens in Omni.

Tried removing the settings.xml file from userdata/addon_data and it didn't change the behaviour

So, are the options flipped in overlay dialog? On is off and off is on? Or are they locked to on, as the other user reported?
Just to confirm the issue I tested on my htpc and option are locked to on.
(2017-01-30, 18:35)mac1202 Wrote: [ -> ]Just to confirm the issue I tested on my htpc and option are locked to on.
In the overlay dialog they are locked to on? Nothing changes if you click the button for any of the overlays? FYI, the overlays are always visible in List view, the options are just for icon views.

In this setting dialog, when you click on watched or resume nothing happen they are locked to yes. Only not watched can be toggle to yes/no.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48