Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 5.x for Krypton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
(2017-03-10, 05:46)S777DUB Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, Is there any way I can move the menu to the top so that it is like the previous. I am looking at getting rid of the header bar and moving the menu to the top.
Sorry, that option is no longer available in Mimic 5.x. I redesigned/simplified the home screen because the code was getting too difficult to manage.
(2017-03-10, 16:29)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-05, 09:15)dubbud Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing you mean Infowall view? No plans to justify any text boxes, you would need to edit the view XML to do this.

thanks, managed to add an extra line with the justify command.

Can you share your modification please? I'm also interested in justify the text. Thanks in advance.
I'm guessing he added the following code to the textbox in question. You could also add this to the textbox in defaults.xml and it will justify all textboxes.

Code:
<align>justify</align>
(2017-03-10, 19:34)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-10, 16:29)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-05, 09:15)dubbud Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing you mean Infowall view? No plans to justify any text boxes, you would need to edit the view XML to do this.

thanks, managed to add an extra line with the justify command.

Can you share your modification please? I'm also interested in justify the text. Thanks in advance.
I'm guessing he added the following code to the textbox in question. You could also add this to the textbox in defaults.xml and it will justify all textboxes.

Code:
<align>justify</align>

I added the code as Braz said to the Infowall.xml as that was the view I was looking at. I also made the font smaller at 12. Good to hear that adding this to defaults.xml would justify all boxes.
Okay I spent way too much time fiddling with skin and am going no where.

Is there any way to have the home screen like this: http://i.imgur.com/91T45Wh.jpg

I cannot figure out how to keep the sub menu visible at all times. and How to Have the Menu size fixed, I only Have Movies, TV shows, Music, addons, settings enabled. I am only able to show 4.

This is what I see. The artwork not showing is a different issue I'm currently troubleshooting.

https://i.imgur.com/Xn6ee6e.png.
(2017-03-11, 20:23)kindrudekid Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I spent way too much time fiddling with skin and am going no where.

Is there any way to have the home screen like this: http://i.imgur.com/91T45Wh.jpg

I cannot figure out how to keep the sub menu visible at all times. and How to Have the Menu size fixed, I only Have Movies, TV shows, Music, addons, settings enabled. I am only able to show 4.

This is what I see. The artwork not showing is a different issue I'm currently troubleshooting.

Sorry, that's no longer possible with Mimic 5.x. I redesigned the home screen and the submenu occupies the same space as the main menu when pressing down (or left for vertical menu).
(2017-03-11, 17:57)dubbud Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-10, 19:34)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-10, 16:29)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you share your modification please? I'm also interested in justify the text. Thanks in advance.

Code:
<align>justify</align>

I added the code as Braz said to the Infowall.xml as that was the view I was looking at. I also made the font smaller at 12. Good to hear that adding this to defaults.xml would justify all boxes.

Thanks for the info!

I have tried to modify the font size using the following code

Code:
<font>font10</font>

...but without success...

Where Am I wrong?
(2017-03-13, 18:41)axlt2002 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-11, 17:57)dubbud Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-10, 19:34)braz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing he added the following code to the textbox in question. You could also add this to the textbox in defaults.xml and it will justify all textboxes.

Code:
<align>justify</align>

Thanks for the info!

I have tried to modify the font size using the following code

Code:
<font>font10</font>

...but without success...

Where Am I wrong?
Look in font.xml to see which font definitions are available. I can't remember off the top of my head if font10 is in there.
(2017-03-11, 21:29)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-03-11, 20:23)kindrudekid Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I spent way too much time fiddling with skin and am going no where.

Sorry, that's no longer possible with Mimic 5.x. I redesigned the home screen and the submenu occupies the same space as the main menu when pressing down (or left for vertical menu).

I have managed to remove the top bar from the home screen and move the main menu to the top and can adjust the height of the submenu.....but can anybody give me any advice in setting so the submenu always shows?

Also the backgrounds on the homescreen all have like a black filter over the top so they are dull. When I adjust the opacity of the background colour the background images become bright like I want them but the menu and submenu lose their black background which makes them difficult to see sometimes depending on the background. Is there a way to stop this? Bascially I want the background without the filter over the top and then the menu and submenu to keep their black background.

TIA
@S777DUB, by all the changes you want to make you might be better off just choosing another skin!

But anyway, I also didn't like the full-screen overlay on the home screen so removed it & kept the black tint on the menu items at the bottom of the screen. This is the code I edited in Home.xml:

Code:
<control type="image">
            <!--include>FullscreenDimensions</include-->
            <top>926</top>
            <width>FullScreenWidth</width>
            <height>160</height>
            <texture>$VAR[CommonBackgroundOverlay]</texture>
            <colordiffuse>$VAR[ColorBackgroundVar]</colordiffuse>
        <animation effect="slide" tween="cubic" time="200" start="0,160" end="0,0">WindowOpen</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" tween="cubic" time="200" end="0,160" start="0,0">WindowClose</animation>
        </control>

You should be able to adjust it to suit your needs.
PHP Code:
@FXB78 you sir are a legendI have now got it with the backgrounds as I wanted but also with the Tinto on the menuI have also been able to force the submenu to show up underneath the main menu when activated and not replace it.

I don't want to choose another skin. I have used and loved mimic for a couple of years but was disappointed to see the horizontal menu at the top go as this is my preferred set up. Got it running pretty much as I like it now! Top skin 
@FXB78 you sir are a legend. I have now got it with the backgrounds as I wanted but also with the Tinto on the menu. I have also been able to force the submenu to show up underneath the main menu when activated and not replace it.

I don't want to choose another skin. I have used and loved mimic for a couple of years but was disappointed to see the horizontal menu at the top go as this is my preferred set up. Got it running pretty much as I like it now! Top skin Braz
I agree, it's my favourite skin by far. I also made a few small tweaks like the one above but in general I'm very happy with the skin. Great work by braz Smile
I'm having an issue with Random TV and Movie Fanart. All I get in the home menu is a black background. I searched this thread and it seems like it was a known issue that was as far as I can tell supposedly fixed in 5.0.3. It WAS working some time ago and all of a sudden it doesn't. I've switched skins off and back to Mimic, I've restarted Kodi and the PC. The only thing I can think of is that it may have started after I used the Artwork Downloader addon to fetch new art. All that art shows up fine in each of the respective TV and Movies sections but a black screen on home when the categories are highlighted.
(2017-03-14, 18:27)devsfan1830 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having an issue with Random TV and Movie Fanart. All I get in the home menu is a black background. I searched this thread and it seems like it was a known issue that was as far as I can tell supposedly fixed in 5.0.3. It WAS working some time ago and all of a sudden it doesn't. I've switched skins off and back to Mimic, I've restarted Kodi and the PC. The only thing I can think of is that it may have started after I used the Artwork Downloader addon to fetch new art. All that art shows up fine in each of the respective TV and Movies sections but a black screen on home when the categories are highlighted.
Make sure you're using the latest skin helper service script. I think the latest version is in the Kodi repo, but not sure...It's not something I use so haven't tested it in a while.

Update: I should specify... the skin helper backgrounds script.
(2017-03-14, 15:35)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, it's my favourite skin by far. I also made a few small tweaks like the one above but in general I'm very happy with the skin. Great work by braz Smile
Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48