Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for being so inept, but following installation instructions I was able to create account on kodi connect server.  But unsure of the second step of installing the kodi connect add-on in my kodi instance.  Did not see any installation instructions in the link.
I presumed it would be install from zip from within kodi, but that did not work.  Am using kodi version 17.6
Thanks
(2018-04-28, 15:13)gcdlz Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for being so inept, but following installation instructions I was able to create account on kodi connect server.  But unsure of the second step of installing the kodi connect add-on in my kodi instance.  Did not see any installation instructions in the link.
I presumed it would be install from zip from within kodi, but that did not work.  Am using kodi version 17.6
Thanks

Did you download the zip from here?
https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-con.../readme.md
0.1.15 is the newest version
If yes, could you send me the kodi logs?
Seem to be having issues with this since the new skill update.

Example - I ask for Boss Baby, Alexa says "playing Boss Baby" then plays Murder On The Orient Express. I've tried a couple of different films and it often plays Murder On The Orient Express for some reason. Despite Alexa confirming something different.

Any ideas?
Sorry had wrong version downloaded.  Was able to start and stop several movies, will test further after familiarizing myself with the commands.
Thanks for your help, and for this skill.  Hoping music control will be added in the future.  If not it is still a very useful skill.
(2018-04-27, 13:24)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-04-27, 12:30)madmarf Wrote: [ -> ]Hello and thanks for adding me to the Serverlist!

works great but only till 0.1.8 for my setup, when i install the Addon Version 0.1.13 or 0.1.15 i get a Error Message.

My Setup is KodiBuntu 16.1.

the Log shows me..
Quote:12:19:57 T:140419393287936  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] periodic_callback
12:20:08 T:140419459413760  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] Stopping Tunnel
12:20:08 T:140419459413760  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] Stopping client
12:20:08 T:140419459413760  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] Joining Tunnel Thread
12:20:08 T:140419459413760  NOTICE: [KodiConnect] Exit
12:20:13 T:140419329853184   ERROR: CPythonInvoker(25, /home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/service.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
12:20:15 T:140419393287936   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'create_default_context'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/service.py", line 24, in <module>
                                                from tornado.websocket import websocket_connect
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/resources/lib/tornado/websocket.py", line 27, in <module>
                                                import tornado.web
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/resources/lib/tornado/web.py", line 88, in <module>
                                                from tornado import iostream
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/resources/lib/tornado/iostream.py", line 40, in <module>
                                                from tornado.netutil import ssl_wrap_socket, _client_ssl_defaults, _server_ssl_defaults
                                              File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.kodiconnect/resources/lib/tornado/netutil.py", line 44, in <module>
                                                _client_ssl_defaults = ssl.create_default_context(
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'create_default_context'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
12:21:19 T:140422556665920  NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections
Ah yes, this is related to the old version of Kodi. It doesn't work on 16.x, as it's just too old. If you're willing to updated to 17.x, it will start working for you

Thanks for the Answer, 0.1.8 is working great for 16.1. But yeah, then your Addon is the first good Reason for upgrading..
Tomas,
Thank you so much for this Skill and the work you have done to date.  It is excellent.

I do have a problem with stopping the programme when it is running, currently it only pauses.  Any ideas?
Thanks
Nigel
(2018-04-28, 15:59)adskee Wrote: [ -> ]Seem to be having issues with this since the new skill update.

Example - I ask for Boss Baby, Alexa says "playing Boss Baby" then plays Murder On The Orient Express. I've tried a couple of different films and it often plays Murder On The Orient Express for some reason. Despite Alexa confirming something different.

Any ideas?

Well that is really interesting.
Could you please enable debug logs, and send me logs from Kodi?
The addon tries to find similar name, in case of name mismatch, but Baby boss is really different from Motoe
(2018-04-28, 19:05)nigelH Wrote: [ -> ]Tomas,
Thank you so much for this Skill and the work you have done to date.  It is excellent.

I do have a problem with stopping the programme when it is running, currently it only pauses.  Any ideas?
Thanks
Nigel

Yes, stopping is a known issue, which is on Amazon side, so not much I can do about that.
(2018-04-28, 16:28)gcdlz Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry had wrong version downloaded.  Was able to start and stop several movies, will test further after familiarizing myself with the commands.
Thanks for your help, and for this skill.  Hoping music control will be added in the future.  If not it is still a very useful skill.

Maybe once Amazon opens API for smart music skills [emoji4]
so I'm trying to get this to work. I'm running on a fire tv 4k and echo plus. I have the skill enabled and paired. running the latest zip file in kodi. my kodi instance is named firetv. kodi connect add-on connects I can pause and play with Alexa. but if I say Alexa play interstellar it's finds it on Amazon prime not in kodi. any help would be awesome.
thanks
Hi Tomas

I have a second kodi that uses the UPNP library from the first kodi to present what TV Series have not been watched.

When I use you skill on the second kodi setup it does not find any TV series to play from the UPNP.

I know the setup works as I've created a local library of TV series and it finds and plays well.

Is this something you are looking to incorporate at a later date or is it technically impossible?

Thanks
Nigel
(2018-04-29, 04:48)brycec420 Wrote: [ -> ]please add me

I’ve added you. You can remove your email. Also here’s the link https://skills-store.amazon.com/deeplink...9292f311cf
(2018-04-29, 09:25)nigelH Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Tomas

I have a second kodi that uses the UPNP library from the first kodi to present what TV Series have not been watched.

When I use you skill on the second kodi setup it does not find any TV series to play from the UPNP.

I know the setup works as I've created a local library of TV series and it finds and plays well.

Is this something you are looking to incorporate at a later date or is it technically impossible?

Thanks
Nigel

Well, the addon works in a way, that it uses Kodi API to access it’s Library, which contains also downloaded metadata for movies and tvshows, so that you can query movies by genre, actors, roles, etc.
Not sure, if this is somehow supported through Upnp.
But I know, that some people are sharing the Library between Kodi instatnces with a shared MySQL server.
Tomas
I've noticed that when you exit kodi, the system hangs, I have reinstalled and it only seems to happen when the kodi connect addon is installed.  Have you experienced this before?
Nigel