Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Echo Alexa Video Skill for Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-02-18, 14:13)Fluxx Wrote: [ -> ]ok, same problem with the new version. i uploaded the logfile. http://ix.io/LVd

there are two warnings in the logfile. I think it has something to do with Phyton and Json: (
Can you enable Debug logging? That one error is not really and error, and all of the Addon logs are only in debug
(2018-02-18, 18:37)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]How can I tell which version of the Alexa Kodi Video skill I am running?  Does it update automatically or do I need to perform some action?
 Alexa Skill is updated automatically. Once you enable it, you don't have to worry about that anymore.
To get new features, you only need to update the Kodi Connect addon itself.
Hi. It wont let me pm you. Are you able to pm me?
(2018-02-18, 20:47)Andyhollis Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. It wont let me pm you. Are you able to pm me?
I am, but you won't be able to reply anyway.
Either email me, or send me a PM on reddit
(2018-02-18, 20:42)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-18, 18:37)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]How can I tell which version of the Alexa Kodi Video skill I am running?  Does it update automatically or do I need to perform some action?
 Alexa Skill is updated automatically. Once you enable it, you don't have to worry about that anymore.

Thanks, is there a change log with the new features?
(2018-02-18, 20:41)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-18, 14:13)Fluxx Wrote: [ -> ]ok, same problem with the new version. i uploaded the logfile. http://ix.io/LVd

there are two warnings in the logfile. I think it has something to do with Phyton and Json: (
Can you enable Debug logging? That one error is not really and error, and all of the Addon logs are only in debug  

I send u e email
(2018-02-18, 20:52)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-02-18, 20:42)tkislan Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks, is there a change log with the new features? 
Currently not yet, I'll hopefully write it down tomorrow
But generally, you should be able to "Play next/previous video",
you can ask Alexa to "Show you Action movies", which will display a list of matched movies
etc.
Also, on CEC compatible devices, you can now tell Alexa to "turn on/off Kodi"
New version of addon is available: https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-con.../readme.md
with the list of features here: https://github.com/kodi-connect/kodi-ale...g-features

A lot of new features available, and new library indexing, which speeds up searching through larger libraries
hi all, 
Also a first time poster here. Tkislan was very quick replying on an email to add me (thank you). 

However I'm getting stuck at finding the Kodi device in Alexa skill:
  • I'm running Kodi 17.3 on a Pi3
  • Installed via ZIP kodi connect 0.1.8 over samba (and tried 0.1.0) - but it gives an error at the end. However I am able to put in my email and secret (not sure what to expect) (tried a second secret and kodi1 as name). 
  • Alexa skill is not able to find the device
  • my Alexa account has USA as default in the account info (I'm located in the Netherlands though)
not sure what to try next.
scratch that - a reboot of kodi probably helped
(2018-02-19, 19:10)ericjanvanputten Wrote: [ -> ]scratch that - a reboot of kodi probably helped

Well, glad that it works Smile
If you have any issues in the future, just enable debug logs, and send those to me.
Hello
I am Maik, and I come from Germany.
I am also new here in the forum. I would also like to test.

Sorry for my english.....
(2018-02-19, 21:50)Freiberger1971 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello
I am Maik, and I come from Germany.
I am also new here in the forum. I would also like to test.

Sorry for my english.....

If you’re new, you most likely won’t be able to PM me here. So just send me a PM on reddit, or email
How would I go about setting up multiple Kodi instances? I know they need to be registered in Kodi Connect but I’m trying to understand how they need to be named and do any other settings, either in Kodi or Kodi Connect, need to match.

Thanks
(2018-02-20, 04:57)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]How would I go about setting up multiple Kodi instances? I know they need to be registered in Kodi Connect but I’m trying to understand how they need to be named and do any other settings, either in Kodi or Kodi Connect, need to match.

Thanks
Names are used by Alexa herself. If you name you device "Living room Kodi", then you can ask "Alexa, turn on living room Kodi", or "Alexa, play the Simpsons on Living room Kodi".
But, if you have one Kodi per Echo, it would probably be better to just name all of them "Kodi" (or whatever you like), and just change the description.
I'll add the support for description, as currently it's just a hardcoded string.

But to match Kodi instance to Kodi Connect page, you just need to use different Secret. As Kodi is identified by that Secret, and only one Kodi can be connected with one Secret. But you can add as many devices as you want on Kodi Connect page.