Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Geniatech ATV1200 and XBMC hardware decoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i'm getting the sound drop out problem on my Onkyo AVR amp using HDMI-Passthrough

plays ok for a minute then loses all sound, if i turn the amp off then back on the sound comes back on for a minute then goes off again, using Latest firmware 20130115 and Pivos 010813

tried pivos 012913 with slightly different results drops out and back in on its own every minute or so

sound is fine if i go straight to TV with HDMI

any fixes on this yet?
(2013-02-14, 05:34)akg4y Wrote: [ -> ]First, thebearnecessit, thank you very much for your post, it should be linked in the OP's post! For those trying to figure out how to go about getting the box up and running:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1317422

Now, my question... has anyone hooked this up using the component video? If not, would anyone mind testing the component video to be sure it can run 720p and 1080p?

My setup is component video and digital coaxial audio out due to a video distribution system...

One other question... is anyone here based in the USA, and if so who did you order from and did you have to pay customs/import tax, how much? Ive heard if you have it shipped via post office rather than FedEx/UPS/DHL then you can avoid tariffs...?

Thanks

component video works as expected

(2013-02-14, 14:57)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-01, 07:30)srle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-01, 00:14)thebearnecessit Wrote: [ -> ]can anyone help?

I can fix aspect ratio problem in the latest xbmc app from pivos, but everytime i turn the machine off and on again the problem is back again.

I'm trying to use script manager to get it to execute a script on every boot, as outlined in the guide I posted in this thread. But script manager isn't running the script when android boots.

to see what was going on i went into script manager and ran the script manually from there. i am getting an error saying "unable to chmod /sys/class/video/axis: operation not permitted."

why is that operation not permitted, when i run that operation from ssh it is permitted and works fine.

the script has to be run as root, make sure you have grantd root access to smanager, and that you have flaged the script for root execution in smanager

i'll have a look in smanager for the flag for root executing. but can you tell me how to grant root access to the smanager app, because im not very experienced in android.

install super su from the play store
(2013-02-14, 15:16)mrwilson251 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm getting the sound drop out problem on my Onkyo AVR amp using HDMI-Passthrough

plays ok for a minute then loses all sound, if i turn the amp off then back on the sound comes back on for a minute then goes off again, using Latest firmware 20130115 and Pivos 010813

tried pivos 012913 with slightly different results drops out and back in on its own every minute or so

any fixes on this yet?

same problem @pioneer AVR -> the solution: connect by coax-digital, and only coax-digital plays without sounddrops, hdmi and optical loses audio-connect permanently. I think different incompatible samplerates are the cause, hope a new firmware can fix it..
(2013-02-02, 03:19)shanghai_todd Wrote: [ -> ]Have had my unit for 3 days now and problem i have is XBMC settings and add-ons are lost when unit is powered off. Anyone else experience this problem or have an idea what's wrong?

I experience the same problem. Not every time the unit is powered off it looses the settings, but every now and then. A bit annoying Sad.
(2013-02-14, 22:06)Xardos Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-14, 15:16)mrwilson251 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm getting the sound drop out problem on my Onkyo AVR amp using HDMI-Passthrough

any fixes on this yet?

same problem @pioneer AVR -> the solution: connect by coax-digital, and only coax-digital plays without sounddrops, hdmi and optical loses audio-connect permanently. I think different incompatible samplerates are the cause, hope a new firmware can fix it..

that works thanks Xardos,
Just want to thank thebearnecessit for his solution with the axis device. Now I get finally correct sizes.

//edit
@thebearnecessit: I would click for your reputation but the buttons are not there (yet).
(2013-02-15, 17:53)-Riffer- Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to thank thebearnecessit for his solution with the axis device. Now I get finally correct sizes.

you are very welcome! Smile i'm glad i typed it out now, took a while. a good way to thank someone is to find the post that you found useful and then click on the small +/- blue box at the bottom of that post.
Hi all,

I'm completely new in this forum and I'm intent to buy an atv1200 or 1600.
That's why I've read almost every thing about these boxes.

But I would like to confirm some issues with you:

1) is the 1080p issue with x264, mpeg2 (dvd), dd-thd and dts-HD happening only with xbmc or with MX player too?
2) does the atv1600 use the same firmware as the atv1200?
3) does someone had the atv1600 to inform if the hdmi input is working properly?
4) could you inform the antutu score of these boxes after the last firmware update (geniatech or some other...)?
5) could I buy it from aliexpress or should I worry with incompatible clones? (I'm from Brazil)

Cheers!
(2013-02-16, 19:52)ninguemrj Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I'm completely new in this forum and I'm intent to buy an atv1200 or 1600.
That's why I've read almost every thing about these boxes.

But I would like to confirm some issues with you:

1) is the 1080p issue with x264, mpeg2 (dvd), dd-thd and dts-HD happening only with xbmc or with MX player too?
2) does the atv1600 use the same firmware as the atv1200?
3) does someone had the atv1600 to inform if the hdmi input is working properly?
4) could you inform the antutu score of these boxes after the last firmware update (geniatech or some other...)?
5) could I buy it from aliexpress or should I worry with incompatible clones? (I'm from Brazil)

Cheers!

x264 works great, xvid is the problematic one (for me anyway)
other players do not even support down-sampling of HD audio
Antutu was around 9500 as much as I can remember on the latest firmware

with other questions I cant help Smile
(2013-02-16, 22:03)srle Wrote: [ -> ]x264 works great, xvid is the problematic one (for me anyway)
other players do not even support down-sampling of HD audio
Antutu was around 9500 as much as I can remember on the latest firmware

with other questions I cant help Smile

Thanks for these information. Thanks also for updating the first topic about 1080p x264 point.

I think would it be interesting to add in the first topic with the the axis path that should be chmoded. Or point to the specific post where the solution can be found, so the first one will be a perfect start up guide for this unit.

Cheers.
Ricardo JĂșnior
How can I "thanks" or positive rate your last post?

There is no positive or rate button around the 235 post... At least not for me.....
(2013-02-12, 00:34)si777 Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody point me in the right direction of the best player to use in xbmc android? I have a my giga 510b box and am using the latest xaf custom build of xbmc. Have been using mx player but it randomly keeps changing itself from h/w to s/w decoding and starts films from the beginning which is very frustrating! Any help greatly received Smile

Anyone else had the same problemHuh
Has anyone had any issues connecting a 3tb hdd via usb from an external enclosure to the ATV1200? Maybe i'm being really dim but I can't get the box, mx player or xbmc to see it. are external enclosures not supported?
(2013-02-17, 01:20)si777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-12, 00:34)si777 Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody point me in the right direction of the best player to use in xbmc android? I have a my giga 510b box and am using the latest xaf custom build of xbmc. Have been using mx player but it randomly keeps changing itself from h/w to s/w decoding and starts films from the beginning which is very frustrating! Any help greatly received Smile

Anyone else had the same problemHuh

Wrong thread here... but there is a linux build for the 510b: http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/pivos-xios...model.html
(2013-02-15, 17:08)p.h.i Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-02, 03:19)shanghai_todd Wrote: [ -> ]Have had my unit for 3 days now and problem i have is XBMC settings and add-ons are lost when unit is powered off. Anyone else experience this problem or have an idea what's wrong?

I experience the same problem. Not every time the unit is powered off it looses the settings, but every now and then. A bit annoying Sad.

So I found out, that sometimes the "guisettings.xml" and the "profiles.xml" in "/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/" are empty.

Workaround: First check if the files are empty, if they are: replace them with a backup.

Maybe the script manager can do this automatic on every reboot, but I have no clue how to do that. Maybe someone can help me out here?

@edit:
ok, got it to work. Really quite simple. Created a script:

cp /<source-folder>/guisettings.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
cp /<source-folder>/profiles.xml /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Script Manager runs it after booting. Yeah I know. Pretty simple, but I am new to all this stuff Wink. Maybe it helps somebody Nod.