Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, I did not want to confuse the users here. The old setting was called: Use SWFilter, which therefore was a synonym for "copy back to system memory", cause it was used for progressive, deinterlace (only one with a real filter) and Bob.
a quick question, it might been asked before here but i didnt find it with a quick search..

to get gpu temperature on regular xbmc it seems to use a nvidia command.
Code:
<gputempcommand>echo "$(nvidia-settings -c :0 -tq GPUCoreTemp) C"</gputempcommand>

is this the same command to use on a intel gpu? feels wrong to install nvidia-settings when i dont have any nvidia hardware..
As the gpu is integrated into the CPU, it's enough to just read the cpu temperature.
ah didnt think that far.. i just saw that it was a ? on gpu temprature..

thanks
Hello everybody,

I installed my media pc with the instruction provided in this thread.
At the moment I'm facing a problem I can not solve by my own.
Maybe somebody can help me.

Everytime I'm switching to a tv channel xbmc is restarting itself.
After that I can watch the specific tv channel.
So I need to switch to every tv channel in case to get it working.

The necessary log of xbmc is uploaded to this url: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=238230

Software:
xbmc 14.0 alpha1 git:3c14d95 (compiled jun 30 2014)
tvheadend Build: 3.9.967~gd924c84~trusty
tvheadend client from adam sutton 0.9.2

thanks for info that helps to solve the problem.
There is a known issue with TV Headend and XBMC that the first time you tune to HD channels XBMC crashes and restarts. Only does it the first time - then it's fine.
Do we know why? Does it send garbage? It did that some time ago and killed nearly all hw accels back at that time - I had hoped this was fixed.
(2014-07-01, 07:06)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Do we know why? Does it send garbage? It did that some time ago and killed nearly all hw accels back at that time - I had hoped this was fixed.

Last time I did some investigation on this it sent huge chunks of data for the first packets. Obviously a parsing issue of tvh.
After my previous post with this problem and a re-install of OS/XBMC problem was gone. Just did a update/upgrade and now experiencing problems again in that XBMC instantly crashes then restarts when loading any TV channel. Crash occurs before any buffering/loading of channel (instant)

Intel Haswell refresh 4970T
Asrock itx-m ac/wifi
Ubuntu 14.04
XBMC 14.0 alpha1 7th July 2014
tvheadend backend 3.9.992
tvheadend new addon 0.9.2
TBS6985 DVB-S2 tuner

Log seems to show that the problem is tvheadend, but this is unlikely as tvheadend has not been updated during the update/upgrade just xbmc and xbmc-bin

Full debug log is here

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=242103

Thanks, I note it mentions lots of errors about unsupported codecs, which is incorrect. Receiver fully supports all codecs (AC3/TrueHD/DTSMA/etc etc)
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/6322...nt-6906234 <- could be that one, will be fixed after next rebase
Or not, start the bin in gdb and produce a backtrace of the threads
(2014-07-07, 22:15)robo989 Wrote: [ -> ]After my previous post with this problem and a re-install of OS/XBMC problem was gone. Just did a update/upgrade and now experiencing problems again in that XBMC instantly crashes then restarts when loading any TV channel. Crash occurs before any buffering/loading of channel (instant)

Asrock itx-m ac/wifi
Ubuntu 14.04
TBS6985 DVB-S2 tuner

Log seems to show that the problem is tvheadend, but this is unlikely as tvheadend has not been updated during the update/upgrade just xbmc and xbmc-bin

Full debug log is here

Thanks, I note it mentions lots of errors about unsupported codecs, which is incorrect. Receiver fully supports all codecs (AC3/TrueHD/DTSMA/etc etc)

FYI! Todays build is completely broken! Revert manually if you want to fix it.

Take the fitting build from 2014-06-30 here: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/...tate=built

Download it and install it (dpkg -i *xbmc*deb) and everything works fine.

And remember: never run apt-get upgrade in the first 10 days of a month. Code merging is done in this time and stuff like this happens. :-)
(2014-07-07, 22:53)XBMCWin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-07, 22:15)robo989 Wrote: [ -> ]After my previous post with this problem and a re-install of OS/XBMC problem was gone. Just did a update/upgrade and now experiencing problems again in that XBMC instantly crashes then restarts when loading any TV channel. Crash occurs before any buffering/loading of channel (instant)

Asrock itx-m ac/wifi
Ubuntu 14.04
TBS6985 DVB-S2 tuner

Full debug log is here

FYI! Todays build is completely broken! Revert manually if you want to fix it.

Take the fitting build from 2014-06-30 here: https://launchpad.net/~wsnipex/+archive/...tate=built

Download it and install it (dpkg -i *xbmc*deb) and everything works fine.

And remember: never run apt-get upgrade in the first 10 days of a month. Code merging is done in this time and stuff like this happens. :-)

Many thanks, I'll try that now.

(2014-07-07, 22:19)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Or not, start the bin in gdb and produce a backtrace of the threads

Sorry I don't really understand anything above producing a debug log and only saw this post after fixing with above instructions reverting back to 30/06 build but thank you for posting.
Tomorrows ppa package should be working again. For the future:

Chances are higher that builds during 1st to 10th are broken and
chances are higher that builds between 20st and 30st are fine and stable.

We are sailing away from Gotham quite fast and Helix gets into alpha status again.
@fritsch,@wsnipex

good morning, people

I have to say i am enjoying the best xbmc experience so far. im using it since eden, and this is by far the best.

I have a question, do you think it is worth upgrading my celeron G1610 cpu with hd graphics to a i3 3225 with HD4000 graphics ?

deinterlacing 1080i50 16mbit content with yadif works great with this cpu, but i cannot use any other method without dropping frames or use lanczos3 with it. and when i overlay the video menu, video starts to stutter.

im thinking about upgrading to improve this very minor problems, and thinking about futureproffing my htpc a bit.. maybe VPP gets fixed and will require a better gpu ?

thanks for your time
Juanjo