Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im getting an issue on first use with this add on

http://pastebin.com/H1SAwace

Any recommendationsHuh

Edit
Damn easy fix - had to scan library first - apologies!!!
(2013-02-15, 04:52)kirk9225 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I am having a problem downloading Artist Fanarts. In the bottom left it says i have 901 Local Album Artisits but when i try to automatic download fanarts it only downloads about 5 Artists and then stops. The all Artists option does not work at all.

Here is my Debug Log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=35654

Thanks

There yet another person same problem this time at least he is a good guy and posts the log Smile
Funny thing how a reply post in this forum And the log on xbmclogs both vanished into thin air as if I didnt view them after I submitted them? For the record here goes another one log regarding the cdart manager. Lets see if this one vanishes too? Windows 7 x64/Frodo v12/Aeon mq4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=36245
tododo and ethericsoul I got my cdart thingy to work for the most part now. Its not a fix but this is what I did and it pretty much worked.

I turned on custom colour labels to try to get a better understanding on how the program recognized artists.
Exit the program
Re-open the program
Update addon database
Cancel the first set of scans, it then tries to do something else
Cancelled that too (press cancel once it takes 30 second or so to cancel)
Then after the second cancel I let the third thing run which was about finding artist information or something.
Then I went to my artists page and since I have custom labels on it said it recognized the artist this time around (previously the MBID database was all correct too so don't know why it didn't recognize the artist)
Hey Giftie

Firstly, thanks for all of your efforts in creating such a polished script. We ran into many of the same problems described within this forum … but, overcame them. As you say, if you follow the guide to the letter, it works great! In fact I am totally delighted – I am currently rebuilding our entire music library – there will be several thousand albums (a hell of a lot of re-ripping to do to bring them up to lossless audio) and currently have 17,000+ tracks previously ripped that need re-tagging and some polishing as we move them from our old iTunes library (don't you just HATE iTunes 11!!!).

Here is our issue - not a cdArt Manager problem though! Just need some sort of workaround.

We have MANY Various Artists compilation albums. For example, 1970's Greatest Rock. 40 tracks on the album 30 of which we have on the original artist albums 7 we can't stand and don't want, leaving 3 tracks.

Here's what WE have done … we have ripped only the 3 tracks we wanted, tagged them through MusicBrainz for genre etc. To prevent duplication of tracks in the library (and to save space).

We have created within our Music Library > Various Artists folder a set of compilation folders Private Stash 1950, Private Stash 1951 … Private Stash 1979 an so on. Within these folders we have created a folder.jpg and cdart.png (That was a dull afternoon).

The 3 tracks we ripped have been tagged with their respected 'date' tag set to, for example 1979, the 'albumartist' tag set to Various Artists, and the 'album' tag set to Private Stash 1979 … the flac files are then moved to the corresponding folder; Private Stash 1979.

All good. Looks great on screen and XBMC loads the albums perfectly.

Now for the issue.

When we run the cdArt Manager Database update – it hits these spoofed Private Stash album titles and stalls on each one for about 15 seconds whilst it tries for MusicBrainz ids (which it just isn't going to find), then moves on. It doesn't hang or crash. It also does this for a few other ripped singles and a couple of other albums.

I hope you can follow what I have tried to describe.

So, at long last – here is the question. How can I stop or disable cdArt Manager looking or hunting for these albums?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts you may have. I have looked around the forums and Google for a while, I promise Smile

Excellent script – Remember, for each moaner on the forum there are probably a thousand that are delighted. You have to put the work into organising your library – if you can't be arsed to do that, then just go back to playing your CDs the old fashioned way … but most likely, if they can't keep things organised on a computer – the CDs are most likely scratched or not in their cases anyway Smile
There's no way for the user to filter what cdART scans at this time AFAIK, as cdART simply scans a list of albums / artists as presented directly from the XBMC library. The XBMC library does not differentiate between folders albums are stored in. What I mean to say is, the XBMC does not segregate the music library by category or tag depending on the folder it resides in. So cdART manager just attempts to process anything that's present in the XBMC library as a whole.

What you are trying to accomplish I asked about before, as I have a lot of game OST's that will never get scraped against MusicBrainz for the same reason. But since XBMC's handling of the music library is pretty basic, until some filtering options are added to a future build, i doubt this will be added to cdART. I expect adding this functionality would be easier if some sort of filtering were available in the main library (XBMC), but until that happens, I'm not hopeful. Would be very pleased to see giftie prove me wrong though.

Smile
hi, I had time when cdart manager worked well, but now I'm not able to download anything.
path to music folder are set in both cdart manager and skin settings.
dir structure is music>artist>album, all tags are in (except artist album tag, empty. artist tag is well populated)
click to automatic download and some window open and close fast. nothing happens.
I'm only able to select artist from the list, so I can see fanart, clearlogo ecc. and if I click in the picture is downloaded single.

here my xbmc log:
http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=1055

thank you very much.
Hi Giftie,

cdART gets stuck on unicode character data returned by musicbrainz.

Yesterday I decided to let cdART rescan my music database by selecting 'refresh addon database' and selected 'yes' when it asked if my 'addon's database' needed to be erased, a fresh clean start. cdART started but never finished the job. I switched on debugging and selected 'update database'..it started off ok until it got stuck again on a certain artist.

Looking at the debug log the script doesn't seem to be able to handle some of the unicode characters that are being sent back by the music brainz server. For example this URL:

http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artist/?quer...ka&limit=1

returns data about the artist name being Sanja Ilić (notice the 'ć' in Ilić) which causes an exception with the progress dialog stuck at the screen.

Could you please have a look if you can fix this? I'm running V2.7.9 for Frodo of the addon installed in XBMC Frodo on Ubuntu 12.04LTS-64bit.

Thanks.
I'm installing xbmc on a new device for a friend of mine.
When playing a cd the cdart has a really strange proportion. What can I do to get it normal.
See picture (sorry couldn't find a record button on the remote to create a screenshot)

Hi,

Got a problem with CD ARt Manager.

I've upgraded to frodo, and I'm using NOX.

I cant seem to get CD Art Manager to run....everytime I choose to 'launch'...the program just seems to hang and nothing happens.

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled with script...but same thing.

Any help appreciated ??

Thanks

Scott
(2013-02-21, 16:23)sjobbels Wrote: [ -> ]I'm installing xbmc on a new device for a friend of mine.
When playing a cd the cdart has a really strange proportion. What can I do to get it normal.
See picture (sorry couldn't find a record button on the remote to create a screenshot)

At a guess, I'd say that's a skin/skin settings issue. Since cdART only downloads the images, it isn't responsible for how they are displayed in the skin your using, your probably better off posting this in the thread for the skin your using. You can verify this by opening up the cdart.png file in an image program (or previewing it if in Windows) and checking it's proportions there.
Stupid question I know but I cannot figure out how to do a Database update.

Ive tried everything and it take ages but still when completed I get only 85 artists and 250 albums when I have 200+ artists and hundreds of albums. It was interupted on first run and wont update . How is it done?

Thanks
I'm using the Aeon Nox skin on atv2 with frodo. When I try to run cd art manager it crashes xbmc. I have tried other skins and it builds database until it gets to the last album then freezes and I have to reboot atv. How do I access the crash log file and who can help?
i got a album that i tagged with picard(used your explain how to set it up),
but when running cdart in xbmc it always crashes the script at the same song.
i've added a logfile but i needed to shorten it because it was to big.
when you scroll all the way down you see where the script crashes.
i've tried to delete the database and do a complete new rescan and also a databse add-on update,

when i remove that disc from my collection the script runs without any issue

LOG FILE
(2013-03-03, 11:59)TRaSH Wrote: [ -> ]i got a album that i tagged with picard(used your explain how to set it up),
but when running cdart in xbmc it always crashes the script at the same song.
i've added a logfile but i needed to shorten it because it was to big.
when you scroll all the way down you see where the script crashes.
i've tried to delete the database and do a complete new rescan and also a databse add-on update,

when i remove that disc from my collection the script runs without any issue

LOG FILE

That error, among others, are fixed in the next release, which is waiting to be pulled into the repo.