Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where are you getting the ATV2 version? the PIL module is normally built at the time XBMC is compiled from the source. It's possible the person(or buildbot) is failing to build the module as well.

locomot1f Wrote:can anyone tell me why I'm getting this error when trying to run cdArtManager:

Code:
10:53:28 T:160194560    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
10:53:28 T:160194560   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
10:53:28 T:160194560   ERROR: Error Contents: No module named PIL
10:53:28 T:160194560   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.cdartmanager/default.py", line 149, in <module>
                                                import gui
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.cdartmanager/resources/lib/gui.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                from PIL import Image
                                            ImportError: No module named PIL
10:53:28 T:160194560    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

I'm running:
ATV 2
Latest Nightly:xbmc-20111003-31113d1-master-atv2.deb
using Aeon MQ3 skin (but even get this in Confluence)

I've never gotten this skin to work. I've searched for answers around the PIL module, and everything points to things not related to ATV 2.
is this something missing from the ATV 2? Is anyone else getting this error on the ATV 2? or am I aloneHuh
giftie Wrote:Where are you getting the ATV2 version? the PIL module is normally built at the time XBMC is compiled from the source. It's possible the person(or buildbot) is failing to build the module as well.

From the nightly builds. I got the XBMC from the directions on the website

and then i updated to the latest nightly build. i've tried several times to uninstall and reinstall...
am i missing something?
why dosent my cd spin in list view??
locomot1f Wrote:From the nightly builds. I got the XBMC from the directions on the website

and then i updated to the latest nightly build. i've tried several times to uninstall and reinstall...
am i missing something?

It seems that there is an error with the build bot for the ATV2 versions, I'll post a trac ticket soon. I don't know a work around for the ATV2, sorry...
Greg7777777 Wrote:why dosent my cd spin in list view??

Hmm.. You might want to post this question in the forum of the Skin that you are using..
giftie Wrote:It seems that there is an error with the build bot for the ATV2 versions, I'll post a trac ticket soon. I don't know a work around for the ATV2, sorry...

I did a thorough search of this forum and found this post you entered.

i was able to install XBMC on my mac, and just copied over the scripts.module.pil

problem solved. but yes, it would seem that this module has been excluded from the iOS nightly build.
locomot1f Wrote:I did a thorough search of this forum and found this post you entered.

i was able to install XBMC on my mac, and just copied over the scripts.module.pil

problem solved. but yes, it would seem that this module has been excluded from the iOS nightly build.

I've made a trac ticket for the developers to check out. I see where it is failing in the build sequence on the build bot.

It seems it only to have affected the OSX/iOS builds(of XBMC), though I will keep an eye on the other builds as well...
I am having issues with version 1.5.3 for the Album "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" without the start and end quotes, but all other notation.
MacLeod_1980 Wrote:I am having issues with version 1.5.3 for the Album "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not" without the start and end quotes, but all other notation.

What kind of issues are you having? A debug log would be very helpful..
Yeah, that could be the worst issue I have ever submitted. The cdArt program freezes, and I can't exit it, I have to close XBMC completely.

I have a folder for Arctic Monkeys called "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'" without quotes. The debug logs say the following:

08:46:07 T:140439743076096 M:1284009984 NOTICE: smb://FREENAS2/Personal/Iains Music/iTunes Music/Arctic Monkeys/Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I/cdart.png
08:46:07 T:140439743076096 M:1284009984 DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Attempting making direcory: Iains Music/iTunes Music/Arctic Monkeys/Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I

It appears to missing the final '

I am not sure why it isn't using the full album name in the first place, but that is iTunes and my problem. I didn't want to post the entire log, because I thought that the info above looked like the culprit - if you need it, download it here:

http://macleod.getmyip.com/xbmc.log
That is odd... The script checks the file paths when it builds the database and makes sure they exist. The script might have failed when the database was created(loosing the ' ) or it might fail when it reads from the script's database( loosing the ' at this time) I would need to see the "l_cdart.db" file stored in the .xbmc/userdata/addon_data/script.cdartmanager folder.

Another problem I see is that the script also is failing making a directory on the samba share. This can be because of a couple of reasons.

1. the share is protected(username and password)
  2. smbclient is missing in your lnux install(sudo apt-get install smbclient will take care of this)
  3. incompatible smbclient is in Ubuntu 11.04(I have only tested this on XBMC Live)

MacLeod_1980 Wrote:Yeah, that could be the worst issue I have ever submitted. The cdArt program freezes, and I can't exit it, I have to close XBMC completely.

I have a folder for Arctic Monkeys called "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'" without quotes. The debug logs say the following:

08:46:07 T:140439743076096 M:1284009984 NOTICE: smb://FREENAS2/Personal/Iains Music/iTunes Music/Arctic Monkeys/Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I/cdart.png
08:46:07 T:140439743076096 M:1284009984 DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Attempting making direcory: Iains Music/iTunes Music/Arctic Monkeys/Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I

It appears to missing the final '

I am not sure why it isn't using the full album name in the first place, but that is iTunes and my problem. I didn't want to post the entire log, because I thought that the info above looked like the culprit - if you need it, download it here:

http://macleod.getmyip.com/xbmc.log
Ok, so the share is protected - but it shouldn't need to make the directory if it already exists rightHuh I mean it isn't failing on any of the previous directories.

db can be found at:

http://macleod.getmyip.com/l_cdart.db
Sorry maybe I am missing something but whenever I try to get cdart/coverart/anything... it just always "fails" right away and says 0 downloaded...
Good news(well of sorts) the database has the file path as it needs to be. So the problem lies in when the database is read back(I think I know where.)

It definitely is because the path ends with the single quote.

MacLeod_1980 Wrote:Ok, so the share is protected - but it shouldn't need to make the directory if it already exists rightHuh I mean it isn't failing on any of the previous directories.

db can be found at:

http://macleod.getmyip.com/l_cdart.db
Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:Sorry maybe I am missing something but whenever I try to get cdart/coverart/anything... it just always "fails" right away and says 0 downloaded...

A complete debug log would allow me to see where the problem is.