Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] cdART Manager Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the process of setting up my first XBMC installation. I am having a problem I don't understand with cdART manager. Basically, after adding a music source, installing and enabling the cdArt manager, setting up the configuration options for the plug-in, I attempt to launch it and it does exactly nothing. I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing it. I've tried removing my music source, then reinstalling the plugin, then recreating my music share then trying to launch the cdART manager, all to no visible effect. No matter how I try to access it, the plugin basically just sits there with no visible feedback.

I am running Frodo 12.3 using Windows 7 32 bit and the Aeon Nox skin.

I've created a log available here : XBMCLog

It appears to me, from looking at the log that the problem first manifests at line 1109 where the log says:

Quote:ERROR: EXCEPTION: XML File for Window is missing

But I have no idea why it is saying that, why the problem occurred, or how to fix the problem,

Can anyone suggest how to correct this problem?

Thanks.,
I am also having the same problem hwilker is. Curious to hear why this is happening because I have CD Art Manager working fine on 1 of my 2 xbmc installs.
(2014-01-04, 02:10)hwilker Wrote: [ -> ]I am in the process of setting up my first XBMC installation. I am having a problem I don't understand with cdART manager. Basically, after adding a music source, installing and enabling the cdArt manager, setting up the configuration options for the plug-in, I attempt to launch it and it does exactly nothing. I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing it. I've tried removing my music source, then reinstalling the plugin, then recreating my music share then trying to launch the cdART manager, all to no visible effect. No matter how I try to access it, the plugin basically just sits there with no visible feedback.

I am running Frodo 12.3 using Windows 7 32 bit and the Aeon Nox skin.

I've created a log available here : XBMCLog

It appears to me, from looking at the log that the problem first manifests at line 1109 where the log says:

Quote:ERROR: EXCEPTION: XML File for Window is missing

But I have no idea why it is saying that, why the problem occurred, or how to fix the problem,

Can anyone suggest how to correct this problem?

Thanks.,

Where did you get that versionHuh The Official repo has version 3.0.6 you have version 3.0.3 Update the script from the official repo.

(2014-01-04, 06:06)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: [ -> ]I am also having the same problem hwilker is. Curious to hear why this is happening because I have CD Art Manager working fine on 1 of my 2 xbmc installs.

No idea what your issues is. The hwilker's problem was that he has an old version.
When I launch CD Art Manager nothing happens, it appears to be frozen. I have configured all settings. I'm using Frodo 12.3, Win 7 64 bit. I also have another identical machine where everything is working fine. I've tried un-installing/ re-installing from the official repo too. Any suggestions? I'll post a log when I have some freetime.
Quote: Where did you get that version. The Official repo has version 3.0.6 you have version 3.0.3 Update the script from the official repo.

giftie,

I wasn't sure where I had gotten it from so I uninstalled it and started to install it correctly. I went to System/Add-ons, then selected Get add-ons and then selected XBMC.org Add-ons. From there I selected "Program Add-ons" and got cdArt Manager. The version it got was 3.03.

Just to make certain I went directly to the respository and 3.03 is, in fact, what is in the repository.

The truly funny thing is I went ahead and re-installed it again, and this time it worked.

I'm clueless as to what has happened. I had intended to keep a log while I did this but I screwed it up. So, for now at least, it appears to be working.

If the correct version is 3.0.6 I'm not sure where to find it.
My mistake actually... My other addon is at 3.0.6, cdART Manager is at 3.0.3. Can you uninstall the addon and then remove the file 'script.cdartmanager-3.0.3.zip' from your '%appdata%\XBMC\addons\packages\' folder. Then get the addon once again from the repo. I think there might have been a problem when the download was uncompressed on your system...

(2014-01-04, 23:22)hwilker Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: Where did you get that version. The Official repo has version 3.0.6 you have version 3.0.3 Update the script from the official repo.

giftie,

I wasn't sure where I had gotten it from so I uninstalled it and started to install it correctly. I went to System/Add-ons, then selected Get add-ons and then selected XBMC.org Add-ons. From there I selected "Program Add-ons" and got cdArt Manager. The version it got was 3.03.

Just to make certain I went directly to the respository and 3.03 is, in fact, what is in the repository.

The truly funny thing is I went ahead and re-installed it again, and this time it worked.

I'm clueless as to what has happened. I had intended to keep a log while I did this but I screwed it up. So, for now at least, it appears to be working.

If the correct version is 3.0.6 I'm not sure where to find it.
Hi giftie,

For the past few days I've been getting path errors when trying to download fanart and artist thumbs, while cdart is downloading just fine.

Quote:21:10:12 T:5588 DEBUG: [cdART Manager] - Path error
21:10:12 T:5588 DEBUG: [cdART Manager] - file path: u'D:\\Static\\_HTPC\\XBMC_SVN\\portable_data\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.cdartmanager\\fanart.jpg'

Full log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=106440

I'm using nightly builds and I've checked that the read/write permissions for the path in question is correct
(2014-01-05, 22:19)sialivi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi giftie,

For the past few days I've been getting path errors when trying to download fanart and artist thumbs, while cdart is downloading just fine.

Quote:21:10:12 T:5588 DEBUG: [cdART Manager] - Path error
21:10:12 T:5588 DEBUG: [cdART Manager] - file path: u'D:\\Static\\_HTPC\\XBMC_SVN\\portable_data\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.cdartmanager\\fanart.jpg'

Full log: http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=106440

I'm using nightly builds and I've checked that the read/write permissions for the path in question is correct

Do you happen to have the 'Path to music library' set in the add-on's settings? The error actually is coming from the final folder not existing. The script only seems to be reporting the artist name as the path so it could be that you have the music path not set or another error.
(2014-01-06, 05:25)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]Do you happen to have the 'Path to music library' set in the add-on's settings? The error actually is coming from the final folder not existing. The script only seems to be reporting the artist name as the path so it could be that you have the music path not set or another error.

It was indeed the "path to Music" setting that had been reset for some reason, most likelly through a user error. Thanks for the help.
Getting error Scriptfailed Confusedcript.cdartmanager - using 3.03 from the repo... Anywhere I can download the zip file of 3.06 ?
(2014-01-08, 10:22)martinjh99 Wrote: [ -> ]Getting error Scriptfailed Confusedcript.cdartmanager - using 3.03 from the repo... Anywhere I can download the zip file of 3.06 ?

I guess you missed the message I posted about that I made a mistake on the version number... 3.0.3 is the latest.

I have no clue why you are getting a script failed error as you have not provided any detail(most of all a debug log) Please read the end of post #2 in this thread about reporting problems.
(2014-01-08, 19:07)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-08, 10:22)martinjh99 Wrote: [ -> ]Getting error Scriptfailed Confusedcript.cdartmanager - using 3.03 from the repo... Anywhere I can download the zip file of 3.06 ?

I guess you missed the message I posted about that I made a mistake on the version number... 3.0.3 is the latest.

Yup must have done sorry. Smile

Quote:I have no clue why you are getting a script failed error as you have not provided any detail(most of all a debug log) Please read the end of post #2 in this thread about reporting problems.

OK - Here is my log file http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=107718 - Running on a Raspberry Pi if thats any use...
As I had thought, you are missing the Python Imaging Library. This used to be a module that is built when XBMC is being compiled, though I'm not sure it is any more(though it should still be) You will need to get in contact with those responsible for raspbmc as that is you XBMC build and ask about the script.module.pil or how to install the Python Imaging Library onto the Pi.
(2014-01-08, 20:30)giftie Wrote: [ -> ]As I had thought, you are missing the Python Imaging Library. This used to be a module that is built when XBMC is being compiled, though I'm not sure it is any more(though it should still be) You will need to get in contact with those responsible for raspbmc as that is you XBMC build and ask about the script.module.pil or how to install the Python Imaging Library onto the Pi.

Ah OK Thanks - Thats what I thought the problem was when I saw the error message.

Cheers!
I don't have a "Build Database in the Background" option. I am on 3.0.3 and using XBMCbuntu.