Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 2.x for Isengard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Then you don't have the latest version of Mimic installed (2.2.0). It's available on github and should be in the repo soon.
Thank you. Great skin BTW.
Is anyone running the Github build under Isengard for Android without seeing Toolbox Script errors?
hey guys, I really love the Mimic skin on Helix, I didnt upgrade yet to Isengard, but will do tomorrow. I just wanted to know for sure if Mimic was working on the new Kodi and it seems it is. Super!

I do have 2 questions:
- how to synchronize subtitles? In Aeon Nox it was one of my fav features to be able to slow the subtitles by a few 10s of a second or make it faster. Helps a lot to get subtitles even with obscure releases - is it simply not included in Mimic or I just didnt find it?

- Clean Up Library, how to do it? I find Update library, but I need to remove old crap which I deleted from the file system. Again, in other skins it's easy to do, its a sub menu item, in Mimic I am puzzled to find it. I keep switching back to another skin to do a Clean Up and then switch back to Mimic. Very tedious.
1) You can adjust subtitles from the audio settings dialog...press enter when playing a video and navigate left to the audio button.

2) Clean library is available in the Kodi video/music settings and is located in the same place for all skins. Settings > Video
(2015-07-21, 23:26)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Just started skinning Rom Collection Browser. Have the main window, info dialog, and context menu done. Haven't started on any of the other dialogs yet. The main window only has a list view, no other views planned at this point.

Thanks! Nod
(2015-07-24, 05:42)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! Nod
You're welcome, working on the dialogs but they are a pain. I see why most skinners don't skin them.
Just pushed another RCB update to github, all dialogs are skinned now.
(2015-07-21, 23:24)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-21, 20:12)thewarm Wrote: [ -> ]Since this is 'borrowing' from ReFocus, any chance of adding the 'Slide" view for TV episodes please? That view is easy on old eyes...
Thanks for this clean, simple skin.
I'll have to take another look, can't remember what Slide looks like.
Just tested the reFocus slide view and it is basically the same at MImic's shift view. It just has some additional info (plot/rating). No plans to change the shift view right now, though I may take another look at this at some point.

Update: I guess that point came sooner than later, lol. Just added an option to the Shift view for Videos/Music to show the plot/description. Will push to github in a bit.

Braz, I've noticed that Toolbox Script keeps installing itself when I disable it. I'm tired of seeing the errors and that seems to be the only way around them.

Deleting that line in addon.xml should prevent it from installing itself in future, shouldn't it?
(2015-07-24, 19:56)Fist Wrote: [ -> ]Braz, I've noticed that Toolbox Script keeps installing itself when I disable it. I'm tired of seeing the errors and that seems to be the only way around them.

Deleting that line in addon.xml should prevent it from installing itself in future, shouldn't it?

You can remove the script.toolbox dependency from Mimic's addon.xml, though certain functionality will break (export skin settings, add extrafanart, etc). Not sure what's causing your error but I see you posted in Phil65's thread. Might want to wait and see how he responds, he'll likely know what's causing it.
(2015-07-24, 20:00)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-24, 19:56)Fist Wrote: [ -> ]Braz, I've noticed that Toolbox Script keeps installing itself when I disable it. I'm tired of seeing the errors and that seems to be the only way around them.

You can remove the script.toolbox dependency from Mimic's addon.xml, though certain functionality will break (export skin settings, add extrafanart, etc). Not sure what's causing your error but I see you posted in Phil65's thread. Might want to wait and see how he responds, he'll likely know what's causing it.

I'm only getting the error in your Github build, the older repo version is fine. But you've added too many nice things recently to go back to it. The thing I don't understand is why it's being called when playing video or audio for the first time. I'm not using any fanart, unless it's been enabled somewhere by default I don't know about. Import/export works perfectly (except submenus, which don't seem to restore properly), without errors.
Hello Braz, first of all i would like to tell you how much i appreciate your skin (simple / clean design yet powerfull functionalities) and to thank you a lot for your hard work. Last year I was still hesitating between Aeon Nox and Aeon MQ for my HTPC, but since i discovered Mimic few months ago, my choice is definitely made Wink

Your last release really rocks : "custom widgets" is a really nice feature. I personnally use it for my music clips videos. Before, the widget i was using was displaying vertical thumbnails, while my artworks for music videos are square sized (i'm using albu / Single / EP covers for them). Thanks to your "custom widget feature", i can now display them correctly by choosing the square option : it works great ! Big Grin

There are now some few things / remarks i would like to share with you :

(1) I think there is a little bug with the color picker functionnality : i'm not sure, but i think you forgot to set the color for the "tagline" attribute, which does not appear in this case. Please see the screen captures below :

Movie screen without using the custom color picker functionnality :

Movie screen using the custom color picker functionnality (either the color of the tagline is not set, either its color is set to the background custom color, which is "black" in my case) :

(2) In the first screen capture, the movie genres are using the highlight color, but its not the case when using the custom color picker (should be red in my previous example) : is it voluntary ?

(3) I must admit there is a little (little) detail that annoy me a little bit since your last great update for Isengard : you changed the "movie info panel" template so it now displays a "Youtube" button instead of the classic "Trailer" button from Aeon Nox. The problem is that i (personnally) own some (old, french) movies and also some personal movies for which i have some trailer available in the movie directory, but about which youtube know nothing. The problem now with this new version of Mimic is that I doesn't have access anymore to my existing trailer (i just have this "Youtube" button that show me nothing)... Would it be possible to have either an option in the skin menu to choose between the "trailer" button and the "Youube" button, or (better) a functionnality to switch back to the "trailer" button when hitting the "Youtube" button ? If these 2 options are not possible or not in your plan, how can i switch back to the previous verison of the movie info panel (which xml file / line to edit ? ).

Thank you by advance for your answers, and for sharing your good and hard work with us , please keep it up (i'm now one of your fans Nod ) !
(2015-07-25, 23:06)Sn00p Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Braz, first of all i would like to tell you how much i appreciate your skin (simple / clean design yet powerfull functionalities) and to thank you a lot for your hard work. Last year I was still hesitating between Aeon Nox and Aeon MQ for my HTPC, but since i discovered Mimic few months ago, my choice is definitely made Wink

Your last release really rocks : "custom widgets" is a really nice feature. I personnally use it for my music clips videos. Before, the widget i was using was displaying vertical thumbnails, while my artworks for music videos are square sized (i'm using albu / Single / EP covers for them). Thanks to your "custom widget feature", i can now display them correctly by choosing the square option : it works great ! Big Grin

There are now some few things / remarks i would like to share with you :

(1) I think there is a little bug with the color picker functionnality : i'm not sure, but i think you forgot to set the color for the "tagline" attribute, which does not appear in this case. Please see the screen captures below :

Movie screen without using the custom color picker functionnality :

Movie screen using the custom color picker functionnality (either the color of the tagline is not set, either its color is set to the background custom color, which is "black" in my case) :

(2) In the first screen capture, the movie genres are using the highlight color, but its not the case when using the custom color picker (should be red in my previous example) : is it voluntary ?

(3) I must admit there is a little (little) detail that annoy me a little bit since your last great update for Isengard : you changed the "movie info panel" template so it now displays a "Youtube" button instead of the classic "Trailer" button from Aeon Nox. The problem is that i (personnally) own some (old, french) movies and also some personal movies for which i have some trailer available in the movie directory, but about which youtube know nothing. The problem now with this new version of Mimic is that I doesn't have access anymore to my existing trailer (i just have this "Youtube" button that show me nothing)... Would it be possible to have either an option in the skin menu to choose between the "trailer" button and the "Youube" button, or (better) a functionnality to switch back to the "trailer" button when hitting the "Youtube" button ? If these 2 options are not possible or not in your plan, how can i switch back to the previous verison of the movie info panel (which xml file / line to edit ? ).

Thank you by advance for your answers, and for sharing your good and hard work with us , please keep it up (i'm now one of your fans Nod ) !
Thanks, glad you like it.

I just pushed fixes for #1 & 2 to github, thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully one day variables will work in [COLOR] tags and the tagline can then use the highlight color.

I looked into #3 but I'll probably leave the skin as-is. I wanted to add a Play Trailer button to the extras menu but I don't think that will work. If you want to replace the YouTube button with the original Trailer button, just open up DialogVideoInfo.xml. Search for the button with an id of 11 and the description "Play Trailer." Remove the <visible>False</visible> line from control #11 and then replace the visibility tag for control #204 (just below) with <visible>False</visible>. Hope that makes sense.

Update: Just changed DialogVideoInfo again so that the Trailer button is a fallback for when the ExtendedInfo script isn't installed. The above instructions work for now, though it will take a few more changes if you update to the latest git version.
(2015-07-24, 20:33)Fist Wrote: [ -> ]Import/export works perfectly (except submenus, which don't seem to restore properly), without errors.
Submenus are managed by script.skinshortcuts and are saved in script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42