Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 2.x for Isengard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(2015-08-14, 09:42)Fist Wrote: [ -> ]Braz, would it be possible to make the Toolbox Script dependency optional as the errors are 100% repeatable on the very popular Amazon Fire TV (reported by several users)? The errors are thrown up every time Kodi is run for the first time. I've tested it on three different fresh installations.

Phil doesn't seem interested in replying. Koying seems to have given up as well:

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16092

There must be some module missing.

Braz, updating to Fire OS 5 has fixed the issue. Seems Fire OS3 was the culprit!
Thanks for looking into it, braz. With the new version from github lists are now fixed like they should be and the issue with "next page" items is also fixed, which makes browsing a lot cleaner.
With search results where there is only one item, the results now show up as a single item, but there are still infinite copies that can be scrolled through. It's a minor issue and I'm quite happy with the changes, I just thought I would let you know.
Thanks again.
(2015-08-19, 16:23)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-19, 16:13)CBers Wrote: [ -> ]I don't use widgets - are they connected?

Which thread are you referring to please?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=178294

All sorted.
Just added a sidebar option to display movies and tvshows using landscape art in Shift view. Also added landscape art to several other views, with fanart/clearlogo as a fallback. Will likely need some additional adjustments for consistency...

(2015-08-21, 07:49)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Just added a sidebar option to display movies and tvshows using landscape art in Shift view. Also added landscape art to several other views, with fanart/clearlogo as a fallback. Will likely need some additional adjustments for consistency...

ohhhh! that looks a nice addition @braz... shall check it out

thanks
Hey, braz! Nice work on the skin!

Everything seems perfect except that with some video addons only the list view is available. Could you make the thumbnail view available for all video addons as well?

It seems your skin is based on Aeon Nox. If that's true, then changing that should be easy as the thumbnail view is available to all video addons in that skin.

Thanks for your work.
Would it be possible to have the scrollbar grow and switch to the highlight color when selected? It would make it less confusing if you are moving one item or one page at a time, especially for people with diminished eyesight.
(2015-08-21, 16:17)portuga2000 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, braz! Nice work on the skin!

Everything seems perfect except that with some video addons only the list view is available. Could you make the thumbnail view available for all video addons as well?

It seems your skin is based on Aeon Nox. If that's true, then changing that should be easy as the thumbnail view is available to all video addons in that skin.

Thanks for your work.
Thanks! I'm having a hard time finding any video addons that only allow list view. The available views are determined by the content type set by the addon and even files can be displayed in List and Icon views. Be aware, though, that a window has to have media in order for Icon view to be available. If it is just folders, then it's limited to List view.
(2015-08-21, 19:11)dkplayaclub Wrote: [ -> ]Would it be possible to have the scrollbar grow and switch to the highlight color when selected? It would make it less confusing if you are moving one item or one page at a time, especially for people with diminished eyesight.
I tried the highlight color, but that actually made it more difficult to see. I just replaced the scrollbar texture so it is a little brighter now, it's not much of a change though.
I appreciate you taking the time to look at it. My parents are using this skin on the box I set up for them, but as I said, they have diminished eyesight and I've noticed they have trouble navigating the lists sometimes. I think the changes you made make at least some difference, so thank you for that. I will leave the decision up to you, obviously, but do you think making the scrollbar widen when selected make it even more noticeable?

As always, I am not complaining at all. I wouldn't even be here to ask these questions if I didn't love the skin. I'm just trying to help everyone out. Smile
(2015-08-21, 20:33)dkplayaclub Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate you taking the time to look at it. My parents are using this skin on the box I set up for them, but as I said, they have diminished eyesight and I've noticed they have trouble navigating the lists sometimes. I think the changes you made make at least some difference, so thank you for that. I will leave the decision up to you, obviously, but do you think making the scrollbar widen when selected make it even more noticeable?

As always, I am not complaining at all. I wouldn't even be here to ask these questions if I didn't love the skin. I'm just trying to help everyone out. Smile
No problem, something like this will need to be a user mod though, as I feel like the scrollbars are already quite wide. If you want to try it, you'll have to open each view xml and look for the scrollbar control. Then just increase the width or height value and reposition so it stays within the screen.
(2015-08-21, 20:03)braz Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for your work.
Thanks! I'm having a hard time finding any video addons that only allow list view. The available views are determined by the content type set by the addon and even files can be displayed in List and Icon views. Be aware, though, that a window has to have media in order for Icon view to be available. If it is just folders, then it's limited to List view.
The Addon I'm having this issue is VideoDevil. With Aeon Nox the thumbnail view is available, bug not on Mimic.
(2015-08-22, 01:36)portuga2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-21, 20:03)braz Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks for your work.
The Addon I'm having this issue is VideoDevil. With Aeon Nox the thumbnail view is available, bug not on Mimic.

Pretty sure it has to do with the fact that Mimic only allows Icon view when there are files. No idea why that addon doesn't report its content as files.
I am not sure what has happened here. In the skin settings I have Home Layout as default. When I try to change the setting for Number of Menu Items on Default Home Layout, I dont see any options. If I select it seems to toggle between 3 and 5 but you cant see what is being selected. The same happens if I try to change the setting for Navigation style for widgets - cant see what is being selected. I tried resetting skin but it is still the same. Is this just something specific to me or is it the same fore everyone?
(2015-08-22, 06:10)toii Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure what has happened here. In the skin settings I have Home Layout as default. When I try to change the setting for Number of Menu Items on Default Home Layout, I dont see any options. If I select it seems to toggle between 3 and 5 but you cant see what is being selected. The same happens if I try to change the setting for Navigation style for widgets - cant see what is being selected. I tried resetting skin but it is still the same. Is this just something specific to me or is it the same fore everyone?
Not sure either, it's working fine here. If you select the default home layout, the option to pick the number of main menu items is enabled. Pick either 3 or 5 and then back out to the main menu and you'll see the changes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42