Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 2.x for Isengard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(2015-07-30, 23:52)braz Wrote: [ -> ]The files you're looking for are DialogSeekbar.xml and DialogFullScreenInfo.xml. You can compare them to the ones from earlier releases to see what has changed.

https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimic/releases

Cheer, i'll have a play around
Firstly: thanks for the great skin, braz!

I've got some questions though.

I'm using Kodi Isengard on Win7, and the repo install of mimic,

I'm trying to arrange the home screen items to my liking.

1) Going into Skin Settings > Setup the main menu > Select Item > Edit Label. The on-screen keyboard appears, immediately followed by a dialog box stating:
"Add-on Required. To use this feature you must download an add-on: ExtendedInfo Script". I select "No" and I can access the OnScreen Keyboard as normal.

I have the "Enable keyboard auto complete" option disabled, as I didn't want it. So I thought that that box shouldn't appear then. Is there any other option relating to the onscreen keyboard that causes that box to show up?

2) I've changed the order of the home screen items around, and then used the "Export Script Settings" feature to copy the same settings to another PC running Kodi. Looking at the exported settings file, I noticed that the labels didn't match the settings options.

Example:
Code:
["string", "skin.mimic.MusicHomeItem.Label", "MOVIES"],
["string", "skin.mimic.MusicHomeItem.MultiFanart", ""],
["string", "skin.mimic.MusicHomeItem.Icon", "DefaultMovies.png"],
["string", "skin.mimic.MusicHomeItem.Path", "ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)"],
["string", "skin.mimic.MusicHomeItem.BGType", ""],
["string", "skin.mimic.MusicHomeItem.Widget", ""],
["string", "skin.mimic.MusicHomeItem.WidgetLabel", ""],
["string", "skin.mimic.MusicHomeItem.WidgetType", ""],
["string", "skin.mimic.MusicHomeItem.InfoLine", ""],
["string", "skin.mimic.MusicHomeItem.SubMenu", "x10"],
(line breaks added to code to make it easier to read on the forum)

I'd swapped the positions of the MOVIES and MUSIC labels around in this case. Are the skin.mimic.* items hardcoded to the position of the menu?

~Jondar
(2015-07-31, 09:15)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly: thanks for the great skin, braz!

I've got some questions though.

I'm using Kodi Isengard on Win7, and the repo install of mimic,

I'm trying to arrange the home screen items to my liking.

1) Going into Skin Settings > Setup the main menu > Select Item > Edit Label. The on-screen keyboard appears, immediately followed by a dialog box stating:
"Add-on Required. To use this feature you must download an add-on: ExtendedInfo Script". I select "No" and I can access the OnScreen Keyboard as normal.

I have the "Enable keyboard auto complete" option disabled, as I didn't want it. So I thought that that box shouldn't appear then. Is there any other option relating to the onscreen keyboard that causes that box to show up?

2) I've changed the order of the home screen items around, and then used the "Export Script Settings" feature to copy the same settings to another PC running Kodi. Looking at the exported settings file, I noticed that the labels didn't match the settings options.

Example:
Code:
["string", "skin.mimic.MusicHomeItem.Path", "ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)"],

I'd swapped the positions of the MOVIES and MUSIC labels around in this case. Are the skin.mimic.* items hardcoded to the position of the menu?

~Jondar
Thanks!

1) I disabled my Extended Info, but couldn't replicate the issue...it didn't prompt me to install the script. Regardless, I moved the visibility condition, hoping that fixes it for you. The update is on github, if you get a chance to test let me know if it works.

2) No idea about exporting settings after moving main menu items, will need to test further. One caveat regarding the export function is that it doesn't export submenus...those are handled by script.skinshortcuts and saved in script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml.
(2015-07-31, 09:15)Jondar Wrote: [ -> ]2) I've changed the order of the home screen items around, and then used the "Export Script Settings" feature to copy the same settings to another PC running Kodi. Looking at the exported settings file, I noticed that the labels didn't match the settings options.

Example:
Code:

~Jondar
I tested it as follows, and all of my skin settings imported correctly.

1) Moved main menu items around, swapping Music and Movies like you did.
2) Exported skin settings
3) Reset skin settings
4) Imported the skin settings I exported in step 2

The menu items were still swapped after import, so I may not be understanding the problem. Is it something else?

Update: Ah, I'm guessing your just referring to the fact that the label "Movies" doesn't match the menu string "MusicHomeItem"? Don't worry about that, it doesn't affect functionality. Each of the menu items has a unique identifier and that doesn't change even though the label might be changed to something else. At least that's how I understand it, this code is from Aeon Nox 5 courtesy of BigNoid. Smile
I've updated to the latest git version from the Offiical Repository version, and I have a few comments on some of the changes:

1 - I love that the 5-item list is available on the bottom as well as the top, but their functionality differs slightly. On the top, the menu position stays fixed until you push the selector past the sides, at which point it moves over by one. On the bottom, the selector stays in the center while the menu items shift; the selector only moves to the edges if you're reaching the ending or beginning of the list. I personally prefer the former method as implemented on the top bar, since I can then have my main items visible while "hiding" the Settings menu on the outside. Could the bottom menu be updated to work similarly to how the top menu was designed?

2 - I'm really digging the new plot option for Shift mode, but now Shift no longer is a fixed list - it wraps around infinitely. I always liked how it was fixed before, because it made movie sets much easier to navigate than alternatives such as Showcase or Poster. Otherwise you get something like this, which looks a little odd for collections of two or three movies (anything that's sequential for that matter, like TV Shows).

3 - Could submenu selections match the menu position? It's confusing to press down on a menu item that's third-from-left, only for it to highlight a submenu item that's second-from-left. It seems to carry over based on what submenu item was selected in a prior menu section.

4 - I have no idea whether this is a Kodi issue or a Mimic issue, but I cannot get the Play DVD common function to display in the submenu. It simply shows up as an unselectable, blank space. Even if I type the command in manually with the "custom actions" option, "XBMC.PlayDVD()" just won't show up. It DOES seem to work as a main menu item, however.
(2015-08-01, 01:15)wickemu Wrote: [ -> ]I've updated to the latest git version from the Offiical Repository version, and I have a few comments on some of the changes:

1 - I love that the 5-item list is available on the bottom as well as the top, but their functionality differs slightly. On the top, the menu position stays fixed until you push the selector past the sides, at which point it moves over by one. On the bottom, the selector stays in the center while the menu items shift; the selector only moves to the edges if you're reaching the ending or beginning of the list. I personally prefer the former method as implemented on the top bar, since I can then have my main items visible while "hiding" the Settings menu on the outside. Could the bottom menu be updated to work similarly to how the top menu was designed?

2 - I'm really digging the new plot option for Shift mode, but now Shift no longer is a fixed list - it wraps around infinitely. I always liked how it was fixed before, because it made movie sets much easier to navigate than alternatives such as Showcase or Poster. Otherwise you get something like this, which looks a little odd for collections of two or three movies (anything that's sequential for that matter, like TV Shows).

3 - Could submenu selections match the menu position? It's confusing to press down on a menu item that's third-from-left, only for it to highlight a submenu item that's second-from-left. It seems to carry over based on what submenu item was selected in a prior menu section.

4 - I have no idea whether this is a Kodi issue or a Mimic issue, but I cannot get the Play DVD common function to display in the submenu. It simply shows up as an unselectable, blank space. Even if I type the command in manually with the "custom actions" option, "XBMC.PlayDVD()" just won't show up. It DOES seem to work as a main menu item, however.
1 - My thinking regarding the 5 item default menu was that having the middle item focused means you can see the next/previous few items instead of just the 4 previous. I would probably do the same thing with the top menu, but in most cases that has only 4 items and so no middle one. Will leave it as-is for now and see what other users think. If you want it to act like top menu, remove the following code that starts on line 163 in Includes_Menus.xml.
Code:
<focusposition>2</focusposition>
<movement>2</movement>

2 - The fact that Shift view didn't wrap before was kind of a bug as it didn't follow the skin's horizontal list setting. All (well, most actually) horizontal lists can be fixed if you set it in skin settings.

3 - Thinking that would not be easy to code. I'm ok with the way they are now, they return to the previously selected item like most lists throughout the skin.

4 - No idea on this one, I don't have a DVD player in my htpc. Will have to test further. If it doesn't work in sub menus it may be a script.skinshortcuts issue.
(2015-07-31, 17:21)braz Wrote: [ -> ]1) I disabled my Extended Info, but couldn't replicate the issue...it didn't prompt me to install the script. Regardless, I moved the visibility condition, hoping that fixes it for you. The update is on github, if you get a chance to test let me know if it works.

Installed the update from github. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing the same message as before.

To clarify: At that point, I don't have script.extendedinfo installed at all, and I have the "Enable keyboard auto complete" option disabled.

Experimenting further: Choosing "Yes" in the dialog box didn't seem to do anything, I had to find the ExtendedInfo addon through the Addons pages to install it. Once I did install it, the prompt dialog box didn't appear.

(2015-07-31, 17:21)braz Wrote: [ -> ]2) No idea about exporting settings after moving main menu items, will need to test further. One caveat regarding the export function is that it doesn't export submenus...those are handled by script.skinshortcuts and saved in script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml.

Is that script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml in the mimic directory? (I just want to make sure I'm saving the correct file! :) )

(2015-07-31, 18:16)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Update: Ah, I'm guessing your just referring to the fact that the label "Movies" doesn't match the menu string "MusicHomeItem"? Don't worry about that, it doesn't affect functionality. Each of the menu items has a unique identifier and that doesn't change even though the label might be changed to something else. At least that's how I understand it, this code is from Aeon Nox 5 courtesy of BigNoid. :)

Yes, that's what I was referring to, I'm sorry I wasn't more clear on that! :) Thanks for the reassurance: it was just a little bit confusing to see the mismatch.

~Jondar
Just upgraded from v13 to Isengard, and decided a new skin was in order. Really like this, but got a couple of questions. Is there a way to quickly hide the sub menus on the home screen? I've created custom ones in the mean time.
Also are there any plans to have the run time of a movie show on the "shift" layout?
Hi braz,

First of all, great skin.

Is there a way to add more custom widgets.... plus more custom menu options?
I wanted to setup a menu for each movie genre with the widget showing up for it.

It would be great to just have like a add button for each.... and add as many as you want.

Thanks
George
(2015-08-01, 15:05)willp2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Just upgraded from v13 to Isengard, and decided a new skin was in order. Really like this, but got a couple of questions. Is there a way to quickly hide the sub menus on the home screen? I've created custom ones in the mean time.
Also are there any plans to have the run time of a movie show on the "shift" layout?
No plans to add a setting to hide the submenus from the default home layout. The alternative home layouts don't show the submenus until you press down/right.

(2015-08-03, 01:25)yioryos467 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi braz,

First of all, great skin.

Is there a way to add more custom widgets.... plus more custom menu options?
I wanted to setup a menu for each movie genre with the widget showing up for it.

It would be great to just have like a add button for each.... and add as many as you want.

Thanks
George
Sorry, no plans to add additional custom widgets. Each one is a lot of code and 8 should be enough for most use cases. Same for menu items, someone would have to mod it to add more. I only have 5 main menu items in my setup.
(2015-08-01, 02:53)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-01, 01:15)wickemu Wrote: [ -> ]I've updated to the latest git version from the Offiical Repository version, and I have a few comments on some of the changes:

1 - My thinking regarding the 5 item default menu was that having the middle item focused means you can see the next/previous few items instead of just the 4 previous. I would probably do the same thing with the top menu, but in most cases that has only 4 items and so no middle one. Will leave it as-is for now and see what other users think. If you want it to act like top menu, remove the following code that starts on line 163 in Includes_Menus.xml.
Code:
<focusposition>2</focusposition>
<movement>2</movement>

@braz - regarding 1.) bottom 5menu focus position...

for what it's worth as 'another user' with an opinion... I have to agree, I find the middle focus position very strange and unnatural behaviour, I would prefer to see the bottom 5menu work the same as the top 5menu even if it means you don't see what is coming. (just my opinion)

ps. any thoughts on adding a movies rating to the shift view? I'd love to see it in the bottom right same as the 'HD&Audio logos etc' I remove these from the media folder as I prefer things clutter free... but would really value the rating number (not stars) here.

thanks for your continued updates.
Just added a skin setting to change the text color. If you install the latest Mimic from github, note that you need to have an August build of Isengard for this to work.

(2015-08-03, 04:31)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]@braz - regarding 1.) bottom 5menu focus position...

for what it's worth as 'another user' with an opinion... I have to agree, I find the middle focus position very strange and unnatural behaviour, I would prefer to see the bottom 5menu work the same as the top 5menu even if it means you don't see what is coming. (just my opinion)

ps. any thoughts on adding a movies rating to the shift view? I'd love to see it in the bottom right same as the 'HD&Audio logos etc' I remove these from the media folder as I prefer things clutter free... but would really value the rating number (not stars) here.

thanks for your continued updates.
I changed the default 5-item menu so it acts like the top menu.

No plans to add movie ratings to the shift view, I'm happy with the current flags. This would have to be a user mod as there are a variety of preferences for what information is important when browsing.
@braz - unless it's just my setup...?! I spotted an error with the Settings-->Home Window-->Number of main menu items...

the option to switch between 3 & 5 is no longer working... it was working with previous Git Version... just letting you know Smile
(2015-08-03, 21:44)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]@braz - unless it's just my setup...?! I spotted an error with the Settings-->Home Window-->Number of main menu items...

the option to switch between 3 & 5 is no longer working... it was working with previous Git Version... just letting you know Smile
Thanks, will have to test tonight. I'm guessing you also updated to the latest Isengard nightly? Do you mind testing the text color customizer?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42