Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mimic 2.x for Isengard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
(2015-06-09, 04:51)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-08, 15:50)Dojoroda Wrote: [ -> ]When I view the TV or Movie Library in the low-list view mode, the background artwork randomly changes instead of displaying what is selected. Is there a way to correct this?
Can't replicate that issue here, I'm getting the correct fanart in LowList view. Sounds like your fanart isn't loading and it's falling back to the background set for the tv/movie section. This only happens in LowList view, all other views display fanart correctly?

I discovered the issue, - fault totally my own. The master setting for background images was my oversight.
Added skin support for the Next Up Notification addon to git. Both dialogs will use the same layout.

Hi all - interested to know if anybody has managed to get the PlexBMC addon working with 'widgets' in mimic ?

I can't find anyway to point mimic widgets at PlexBMC sections, any ideas please let me know how.

(thanks for all the great work Bryan Smile

thanks.
(2015-06-12, 00:58)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all - interested to know if anybody has managed to get the PlexBMC addon working with 'widgets' in mimic ?

I can't find anyway to point mimic widgets at PlexBMC sections, any ideas please let me know how.

thanks.
If you can add one of the Plex sections to favorites, you can open your favourites.xml file and use the path with a Custom Video Add-on widget. Should work but they're kind of a pain to setup. I've been thinking about a way to save a list of paths that can be selected for widgets.
(2015-06-12, 06:52)braz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-12, 00:58)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all - interested to know if anybody has managed to get the PlexBMC addon working with 'widgets' in mimic ?

thanks.
If you can add one of the Plex sections to favorites, you can open your favourites.xml file and use the path with a Custom Video Add-on widget. Should work but they're kind of a pain to setup. I've been thinking about a way to save a list of paths that can be selected for widgets.

thanks Braz... I spent several hours one evening trying to implement a method you briefly explained back in a previous thread. needless to say I could not work it out (something like copying the code generated from the favourites.xml and pasting it into the custom addon widget). tried everything and failed... sorry.

if you could implement a method to add PlexBMC widgets to mimics homescreen that would be great. I know that something similar has been implemented in the 'fTv' skin & it seems to handle widget addon posters really well.

happy to assist testing, shall keep an eye on your mimic Git page.

as always thanks for your help.
(2015-06-12, 07:56)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-12, 06:52)braz Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks.

thanks Braz... I spent several hours one evening trying to implement a method you briefly explained back in a previous thread. needless to say I could not work it out (something like copying the code generated from the favourites.xml and pasting it into the custom addon widget). tried everything and failed... sorry.

if you could implement a method to add PlexBMC widgets to mimics homescreen that would be great. I know that something similar has been implemented in the 'fTv' skin & it seems to handle widget addon posters really well.

happy to assist testing, shall keep an eye on your mimic Git page.

as always thanks for your help.
Just tried out the fTV beta skin, but I don't see that it allows custom widgets. Mimic includes two custom video widgets, one that displays posters and one with landscape icons. I realize that it isn't too user friendly to have to type in the content path, but that's probably the way it will be for now (unless I see another skin that handles this well).
to confirm... I can definitely add plexBMC add-on sections as widgets to fTV.

How this is achieved in fTV and whether this is a different execution to mimics setup, I wouldn't like to say... but by first favouriting a few of my plexBMC sections I am able to add poster view widgets to the movies section. (works a treat)

theres a short tutorial here (see link) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxcc-GT_X7M (you can see the favourites section available)

I really love mimic's simplicity approach, its widget & fanart implementation... so if you can look into this I'd really appreciate it, I'm sure it would be a great mimic addition.

If you cannot accommodate this request I completely understand... could you though please provide me with some insight into implementing the content path via the custom add-on? (sure I can figure it out with a little direction). thanks for your assistance

ps. just checked and the 'Titan' skin also enables plexBMC widgets.
(2015-06-11, 04:59)braz Wrote: [ -> ]Added skin support for the Next Up Notification addon to git. Both dialogs will use the same layout.

I like the layout of the top version, not sure if it is an option or you are still in the process of deciding which one is better
(2015-06-13, 00:36)Edworld Wrote: [ -> ]I like the layout of the top version, not sure if it is an option or you are still in the process of deciding which one is better
These are two different dialogs for Nextup Notifications. I'm using the same layout for both, though I've since customized the labels for the "Still there?" dialog.
(2015-06-13, 00:02)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]to confirm... I can definitely add plexBMC add-on sections as widgets to fTV.

How this is achieved in fTV and whether this is a different execution to mimics setup, I wouldn't like to say... but by first favouriting a few of my plexBMC sections I am able to add poster view widgets to the movies section. (works a treat)

theres a short tutorial here (see link) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxcc-GT_X7M (you can see the favourites section available)

I really love mimic's simplicity approach, its widget & fanart implementation... so if you can look into this I'd really appreciate it, I'm sure it would be a great mimic addition.

If you cannot accommodate this request I completely understand... could you though please provide me with some insight into implementing the content path via the custom add-on? (sure I can figure it out with a little direction). thanks for your assistance

ps. just checked and the 'Titan' skin also enables plexBMC widgets.

@braz - after a few more hours trying to figure this one out, I have managed to implement the custom widget views I wanted from plexBMC using your custom add-on widgets.

if anybody else out there is experience problems entering the code required, please just ask me... turns out my favourites.xml was adding some un-required text to the code required (mainly & &quot)
(2015-06-13, 09:21)stueeey Wrote: [ -> ]@braz - after a few more hours trying to figure this one out, I have managed to implement the custom widget views I wanted from plexBMC using your custom add-on widgets.

if anybody else out there is experience problems entering the code required, please just ask me... turns out my favourites.xml was adding some un-required text to the code required (mainly & &quot)
Glad you got it figured out. I tested using script.favourites to allow users to select a favorite when setting up the widgets. It works, but I can't get it to show the correct label the way Mimic's widgets are currently setup. Will have to look into adding a separate window similar to the fTV skin.

Tested some more, it's looking like this will be too much work. Will likely leave as-is, unless BigNoid implements something like this in Aeon Nox 5, which this skin is based on. Wink
I haven't looked at Mimic in a long tine and loaded it up last night. I'm quite impressed wit it now. Very nice work. I love the vertical menu. That is the best way to display menus on modern he tv' imo.

Only question is can you add an option to modify that cross hatch wallpaper seen through the the skin?mor maybe just add some alternatives? Still, it looks good and it works for the skin

Lastly, I see in this op that there is an Isengard version in the repo. However, I already had the skin installed in Helix. Do I need to manually install the Isengad version?. I went to the repo but it just shows it is already installed.
Thanks! You downloaded the latest from git and manually installed it in Helix? Upgrade to Isengard for best results with the new version.

The background file is default_bg.jpg in the skin's backgrounds folder. Just replace that file with your own. I tried adding a skin setting to allow users to pick their own background, but unfortunately it's not possible with the way backgrounds are currently coded (can't use a $VAR for the fallback).
I have an issue with fanart not showing.

Im running openelec 6 beta 2 with latest git version of mimic (with mysql db). A lot of fanart is not shown in the main menu and fanart view for example. I tried running the texture clean script, deleting texture db but the issue remains.

Other skins like confluence and box do show the fanart however.
(2015-06-21, 21:49)lowfi Wrote: [ -> ]I have an issue with fanart not showing.

Im running openelec 6 beta 2 with latest git version of mimic (with mysql db). A lot of fanart is not shown in the main menu and fanart view for example. I tried running the texture clean script, deleting texture db but the issue remains.

Other skins like confluence and box do show the fanart however.
No idea then, can't reproduce the issue here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42