Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-11-04, 03:36)terrandroid Wrote: [ -> ]The game emulators seems to be removed from the kodi repository, so I can't use kodi retro player

I'm not sure what you mean. I see Game Addons available in the Kodi Repository. If you're using Linux, then you can either install them from the official ppa, or compile them, or use an unofficial repository.
(2019-11-05, 05:30)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-04, 03:36)terrandroid Wrote: [ -> ]The game emulators seems to be removed from the kodi repository, so I can't use kodi retro player

I'm not sure what you mean. I see Game Addons available in the Kodi Repository. If you're using Linux, then you can either install them from the official ppa, or compile them, or use an unofficial repository.

I'm on 18.4 on an android system but I'm missing the emulator section in game addons repo. When I want to play a psx game with kodi retro player it gives an error saying; failed to play a game, this game isn't compatible with any available emulators. I can't install any emulators from the kodi repo
(2019-11-05, 19:49)terrandroid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-05, 05:30)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm on 18.4 on an android system but I'm missing the emulator section in game addons repo. When I want to play a psx game with kodi retro player it gives an error saying; failed to play a game, this game isn't compatible with any available emulators. I can't install any emulators from the kodi repo

I just checked on a fresh install of Kodi 18.4 on Android and see Emulators in the official Kodi repository. Installed Kodi from the play store.
Is it possible to define the location of download cache? I have small storage and want to use my nas as storage.
(2019-11-08, 05:53)publicENEMY Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to define the location of download cache? I have small storage and want to use my nas as storage.

See the FAQ
Hello! =) 
I have account acrchive.org bit can`t download any psp game from https://archive.org/download/psp_20190926/  ...they are no EXIST =( , mini games is working.... where i`m wrong? =(
IAGL 2.1.4 is available. Changes include:
Update widget support (closes issue 118)
Fixed post download override bug
Fixed bug in launching correct cue file (closes issue 106)

Added custom groups filtering method, allows for even more ways to filter/slice and dice large game lists:

Updated / New Lists:
PPSSPP (Archive.org change)
FBNeo (Archive.org change, added custom groups)
MAME 2003 (Added custom groups)
MAME 2003 Plus (Added custom groups)
EasyRPG (Updated to launch correct file (core changed filetype))
(2019-11-06, 00:52)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-05, 19:49)terrandroid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-11-05, 05:30)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure what you mean. I see Game Addons available in the Kodi Repository. If you're using Linux, then you can either install them from the official ppa, or compile them, or use an unofficial repository.

I just checked on a fresh install of Kodi 18.4 on Android and see Emulators in the official Kodi repository. Installed Kodi from the play store.

Strange, thanks for checking. I think I'm going to do a clean install, maybe that helps.
Hi, thanks for the great add-on. I have pretty much got everything i wanted except for one thing - bsnes hd widescreen. I have retroarch set to bsnes hd, but it doesn't have the widescreen hack.
I've tried to set "F:\bsnes-hd_beta_windows\bsnes-hd_beta.exe" "%ROM_PATH%" (and other variants) to a manual input command, but it wont work. Am i doing something wrong or is it just not supported atm?

It would be awesome if anyone could help  Smile
Hello zachmorris is possible to add more games from Sega dreamcast on Internet archive Game launcher here is Playlist
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command Donald Duck - Goin' Quackers Spider-Man
I'm having an issue where retroarch launches fine but behind Kodi. Is this a common problem with an easy fix? Thanks.
Hello,

I had some issues with IAGL and Kodi.
More precisely, Kodi wouldn't completely close and the applaunch.sh process inherited the 9777 UDP port (kodi remote control port) because it is launched from Kodi, even if Kodi itself already exited.
So restarting Kodi would trigger an error about the Remote control service (because the port 9777 was already open by the bash process).

I have a solution though: instead of exiting Kodi and restarting it, I suspend and resume Kodi processes.

Here is my modified $HOME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iagl/resources/bin/applaunch.sh (I stripped everything not Linux, but feel free to improve and adapt it):

php:

#!/usr/bin/bash
# App Launch script - Exit Kodi to launch another program
# Updated by zachmorris for use with IAGL
# This script will try to exit Kodi first via JSONRPC, then a normal shutdown if the first attempt fails, then a hard shutdown if the second attempt fails
LOGFILE=$HOME/.config/retroarch/log.txt
# Check for agruments
if [ -z "$*" ]; then
    echo "No arguments provided." >> $LOGFILE
    echo "Usage:" >> $LOGFILE
    echo "applaunch.sh [/path/to/]executable [arguments]" >> $LOGFILE
    exit
fi

JSON_RPC_NOTIFICATION=$(curl -s --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.ShowNotification", "params": {"title": "Please Wait", "message": "Running IAGL Launch Script" },  "id":1}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' --user myuser:mypassword http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc) >> $LOGFILE
KODI_PID_LINUX_X11=$(ps -A | grep [k]odi-x11 | head -1 | awk '{print $1}')
KODI_PID_LINUX=$(ps -A | grep [k]odi | head -1 | awk '{print $1}')

echo "KODI_PID_LINUX_X11 = $KODI_PID_LINUX_X11" >> $LOGFILE
echo "KODI_PID_LINUX = $KODI_PID_LINUX" >> $LOGFILE

#Sleep to let Kodi write to log
sleep 1

#Suspend Kodi
if ! [ -z $KODI_PID_LINUX_X11 ]
then
    echo "Suspending Kodi..." >> $LOGFILE
    kill -STOP $KODI_PID_LINUX_X11
    kill -STOP $KODI_PID_LINUX
    echo "Kodi suspended!" >> $LOGFILE
fi
#End Suspend Kodi

# Start Emulator Launch
echo "Launching Emulator with command: $@" >> $LOGFILE
# Launch app - escaped!
"$@" &
EMULATOR_PID=$!
echo "Waiting for emulator to exit..." >> $LOGFILE
wait $EMULATOR_PID
echo "Resuming Kodi..." >> $LOGFILE
sleep 2
kill -CONT $KODI_PID_LINUX_X11
kill -CONT $KODI_PID_LINUX
echo "Kodi resumed!" >> $LOGFILE
#End of script

Advantages :
- Kodi does not need to close and still does not use any CPU while suspended, so emulators can run at full speed
- Remote control service is still available after Kodi is resumed
(2019-12-07, 01:28)gabrielhautclocq Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I had some issues with IAGL and Kodi.
More precisely, Kodi wouldn't completely close and the applaunch.sh process inherited the 9777 UDP port (kodi remote control port) because it is launched from Kodi, even if Kodi itself already exited.
So restarting Kodi would trigger an error about the Remote control service (because the port 9777 was already open by the bash process).

I have a solution though: instead of exiting Kodi and restarting it, I suspend and resume Kodi processes.

Here is my modified $HOME/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iagl/resources/bin/applaunch.sh (I stripped everything not Linux, but feel free to improve and adapt it):

php:

#!/usr/bin/bash
# App Launch script - Exit Kodi to launch another program
# Updated by zachmorris for use with IAGL
# This script will try to exit Kodi first via JSONRPC, then a normal shutdown if the first attempt fails, then a hard shutdown if the second attempt fails
LOGFILE=$HOME/.config/retroarch/log.txt
# Check for agruments
if [ -z "$*" ]; then
    echo "No arguments provided." >> $LOGFILE
    echo "Usage:" >> $LOGFILE
    echo "applaunch.sh [/path/to/]executable [arguments]" >> $LOGFILE
    exit
fi

JSON_RPC_NOTIFICATION=$(curl -s --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.ShowNotification", "params": {"title": "Please Wait", "message": "Running IAGL Launch Script" },  "id":1}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' --user myuser:mypassword http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc) >> $LOGFILE
KODI_PID_LINUX_X11=$(ps -A | grep [k]odi-x11 | head -1 | awk '{print $1}')
KODI_PID_LINUX=$(ps -A | grep [k]odi | head -1 | awk '{print $1}')

echo "KODI_PID_LINUX_X11 = $KODI_PID_LINUX_X11" >> $LOGFILE
echo "KODI_PID_LINUX = $KODI_PID_LINUX" >> $LOGFILE

#Sleep to let Kodi write to log
sleep 1

#Suspend Kodi
if ! [ -z $KODI_PID_LINUX_X11 ]
then
    echo "Suspending Kodi..." >> $LOGFILE
    kill -STOP $KODI_PID_LINUX_X11
    kill -STOP $KODI_PID_LINUX
    echo "Kodi suspended!" >> $LOGFILE
fi
#End Suspend Kodi

# Start Emulator Launch
echo "Launching Emulator with command: $@" >> $LOGFILE
# Launch app - escaped!
"$@" &
EMULATOR_PID=$!
echo "Waiting for emulator to exit..." >> $LOGFILE
wait $EMULATOR_PID
echo "Resuming Kodi..." >> $LOGFILE
sleep 2
kill -CONT $KODI_PID_LINUX_X11
kill -CONT $KODI_PID_LINUX
echo "Kodi resumed!" >> $LOGFILE
#End of script

Advantages :
- Kodi does not need to close and still does not use any CPU while suspended, so emulators can run at full speed
- Remote control service is still available after Kodi is resumed

Thanks for this. I have noticed this problem. I thought the reason was some Kodi helper process wasn't started properly - I'll look into it further.
FYI, the 'Pause' option in the addon settings should do exactly what your script does: pause/suspend kodi instead of exiting it.
KODI crashes when I return from my external retroarch.

https://pastebin.com/a4Jb7Sg4

Thanks!
Hello, 

I have a Xiaomi Mi Box S installed on a TV, some days I installed Kodi (18.5) and start to get started. In Kodi, I tried to play the so-called retro games (Atari, Nintendo, MegaDrive ...) through the Internet Archive Game Launcher add-on, but I came across a problem: trying to play the TV screen goes black. I installed Kodi and the same addon on a laptop running Windows 10 and there the games worked perfectly. I did some research on the internet and also on youtube and I can't find a solution to the problem, I made some suggested changes to some videos, but the problem remains. Anyone on the page with the same problem or any solution to the same? Thank you.

* I apologize for the writing, I am using google translator.*