Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Zack, thanks for your immense job!

Everything works great here, except the Wizard seems unable to setup these few lists: https://paste.kodi.tv/oviluvibar

Could be a problem on my end?
Fresh installed Kodi Matrix 19.1 on Win10, RetroArch 1.10.1 x64

Thx

EDIT: fixed, turns out I was just missing some random RetroArch core
Im trying to run the roms with RetroArch as external launcher, but in getting a grey screen everytime, and this in the log:

https://pastebin.com/EB2ybT1b

What could be wrong?
Thanks
Hello World ... 
I was able to install the iagl on my raspberry pi 4 with Kodi 18.3
But with Kodi 19.3 and with the 3.0.6 iagl, I'm unable to find a way to install the depedency archive_tool
vfs.rar and vfs.libarchive) are "Not available"
vfs.libarchive / rar is an official kodi addon, should be available however you install the other binary addons and depends on your OS. If you're using raspbian then it'd be an apt-install command from the command line:
xml:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi-vfs*

If it's LibreElec then libarchive should be available in LibreELEC Add-ons / Virtual filesystems / Archive support.
Hey Zach, any updates on having this work on Android 11 without retroplayer. I was able to mod the Kodi apk to allow "MANAGE_EXTERNAL_MEDIA" But even that, I think there is RetroArch issues that are not allowing. I was able to get launching to work, less the actual Rom, the issues I came across were --es "ROM" "%ROM_PATH%" the logs gave 0 info, config loads, and all the rest do, I can not point to the rom though. This also had to be ran as root in order to get it to bypass a lot of googles issues. Was hoping to bend your ear. Thanks!
(2022-04-14, 23:46)Shorty2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Zach, any updates on having this work on Android 11 without retroplayer. I was able to mod the Kodi apk to allow "MANAGE_EXTERNAL_MEDIA" But even that, I think there is RetroArch issues that are not allowing. I was able to get launching to work, less the actual Rom, the issues I came across were --es "ROM" "%ROM_PATH%" the logs gave 0 info, config loads, and all the rest do, I can not point to the rom though. This also had to be ran as root in order to get it to bypass a lot of googles issues. Was hoping to bend your ear. Thanks!

Hey, this is not something only with IAGL indeed, but all of the addons that try to activate an android app. Are you running on the Nvidia Shield?
It might have to do with Android 11 or any of those updates. I see some remarks on other threads about reinstalling Kodi to fix issues with connections to other mediasources, perhaps that fixes it?
Perhaps we can make use of the xmbc.StartAndroidActivity() builtin method to workaround this issue. However, currently that builtin method doesnt support all the parameters we need to execute applications like Retroarch. I created a request thread and hopefully they will add support soon so that we can build it in all of the launchers apps. Please bump or reply on this thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=367878 so it will be picked up.
If you find out anything more let me know too!
(2022-04-14, 23:46)Shorty2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Zach, any updates on having this work on Android 11 without retroplayer. I was able to mod the Kodi apk to allow "MANAGE_EXTERNAL_MEDIA" But even that, I think there is RetroArch issues that are not allowing. I was able to get launching to work, less the actual Rom, the issues I came across were --es "ROM" "%ROM_PATH%" the logs gave 0 info, config loads, and all the rest do, I can not point to the rom though. This also had to be ran as root in order to get it to bypass a lot of googles issues. Was hoping to bend your ear. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't have an Android 11 device to play with. From what I've read, the only viable workaround is to manually edit the retroarch config and change the save location of the config file to an alternate read/write location and change the download location for the games to a read/write location within the addon. With the locks that Android has in place I doubt there's really much that could be done from any alternate frontend (I imagine most front-ends can't get around Android Security locks).
First off, thank you for all of the work you do on this great addon.

My question is, is there a way to use my own cartridge art? Or cover art? I have a very complete collection of art from my hyperspin and attract mode builds and would love to be able to use them instead of the inconsistent covers downloaded by the scrapers.

Is this managed by iagl? Or by the skin its self? If it is possible i dont expect you to hold my hand. Just point me in the right direction.

Thank you again. This addon is really great and continues to improve. Each time i install it i get several nice surprises of added features and improvements. Well done
(2022-04-18, 20:10)deanseavy Wrote: [ -> ]First off, thank you for all of the work you do on this great addon.

My question is, is there a way to use my own cartridge art? Or cover art? I have a very complete collection of art from my hyperspin and attract mode builds and would love to be able to use them instead of the inconsistent covers downloaded by the scrapers.

Is this managed by iagl? Or by the skin its self? If it is possible i dont expect you to hold my hand. Just point me in the right direction.

Thank you again. This addon is really great and continues to improve. Each time i install it i get several nice surprises of added features and improvements. Well done

There is no scraping happening in IAGL. The art is statically included in the game list xml files (it's all 'pre-scraped'). You can add you're own art if you like by editing the xml files, see here. Format is fairly straightforward - the files are located in the userdata folder for the addon, and you can take a look at whats shipped with the addon here. You can also add your own lists.
(2022-04-17, 18:42)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]

Unfortunately, I don't have an Android 11 device to play with. From what I've read, the only viable workaround is to manually edit the retroarch config and change the save location of the config file to an alternate read/write location and change the download location for the games to a read/write location within the addon. With the locks that Android has in place I doubt there's really much that could be done from any alternate frontend (I imagine most front-ends can't get around Android Security locks).
I am happy to do some testing if you want to let me know what you want tested. Will do whatever I can. Thanks for the efforts.
The issue I am running into is --es "ROM" "%ROM_PATH%" I am able to get the core loaded and launched, it is the game I can not get to attach, the config is saved to /storage/emulated/0/RetroArch/retroarch.cfg the cores are loading fine, its that one thing. Can not launch as a standard user either. Close.
(2022-04-20, 20:30)Shorty2017 Wrote: [ -> ]The issue I am running into is --es "ROM" "%ROM_PATH%" I am able to get the core loaded and launched, it is the game I can not get to attach, the config is saved to /storage/emulated/0/RetroArch/retroarch.cfg the cores are loading fine, its that one thing. Can not launch as a standard user either. Close.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'the game I can't get to attach'. Do you have a debug log example?
https://paste.kodi.tv/avibiyibor.kodi , games are close to loading, I have heavily modified the apk files as well. Any ideas would be great, would love to figure this out and help where I can. Thanks!
You'd have to enable debug logging to see any response after the command to launch is sent. From what i see, the commands are sent correctly. I'd also suggest changing the download location to a location that both Kodi and Retroarch have read/write access to. i think the main issue with the new Android version is that different apps don't have access to other apps internal storage locations.