Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems like your aspect ratio got messed up. You can change that in the GUI under 'stretch mode' when you're playing a game:

But in order to do that, you have to be able to see the screen in the GUI. The other option would be to reset your guisettings.xml in your userdata folder:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata

Or edit the file directly to change the stretch mode setting. Mine looks like this by default for the stretch mode:
xml:

<defaultgamesettings>
<videofilter></videofilter>
<stretchmode>4:3</stretchmode>
<rotation>0</rotation>
</defaultgamesettings>
I reinstalled Kodi from scratch and it's fine now. I had a quick look in the menus to try and remember what I was messing around with and it definitely the stretch model. So I won't be pressing that again! haha. 

Thanks for your help (and for making the Add On), I just played some The Simpsons arcade with my 5yo daughter and we had a blast  Cool
(2022-08-25, 00:05)4ppleseed Wrote: [ -> ]I reinstalled Kodi from scratch and it's fine now. I had a quick look in the menus to try and remember what I was messing around with and it definitely the stretch model. So I won't be pressing that again! haha. 

Thanks for your help (and for making the Add On), I just played some The Simpsons arcade with my 5yo daughter and we had a blast  Cool

Seems like a bug in Retroplayer though, maybe @garbear can take a look.
Hi. I have 2 questions:
1. Any progress with iagl addon with android 11? Will it work in the future?
2. Can I run iagl on raspberry pi 3b with retroarch? If yes how do I do it?
Thanks.
(2022-09-28, 05:49)Yefet Wrote: [ -> ]1. Any progress with iagl addon with android 11? Will it work in the future?

Some progress for Kodi v20 has been made for launching android applications natively. That might help, but remains to be seen (still needs some testing, and I dont have an Android 11 system to test with).

(2022-09-28, 05:49)Yefet Wrote: [ -> ]2. Can I run iagl on raspberry pi 3b with retroarch? If yes how do I do it?

You should be able to, via Raspbian with Kodi and Retroarch installed, that would be like any other linux distro. There's also a forked LibreElec distro that includes Retroarch, see here. In both cases, the launch commands used may need some tweaking to get it to work properly.
(2022-09-29, 20:59)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-09-28, 05:49)Yefet Wrote: [ -> ]1. Any progress with iagl addon with android 11? Will it work in the future?

Some progress for Kodi v20 has been made for launching android applications natively. That might help, but remains to be seen (still needs some testing, and I dont have an Android 11 system to test with).
(2022-09-28, 05:49)Yefet Wrote: [ -> ]2. Can I run iagl on raspberry pi 3b with retroarch? If yes how do I do it?

You should be able to, via Raspbian with Kodi and Retroarch installed, that would be like any other linux distro. There's also a forked LibreElec distro that includes Retroarch, see here. In both cases, the launch commands used may need some tweaking to get it to work properly.

I installed libreelec RR 10.0 (because 11 is with kodi 20 alpha) and with retro player it works but when I try to use retroarch I get an error failed to launch update the command luanch and the system get stuck and I have to restart it. How I get it to work?
(2022-09-30, 08:09)Yefet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-09-29, 20:59)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]

I installed libreelec RR 10.0 (because 11 is with kodi 20 alpha) and with retro player it works but when I try to use retroarch I get an error failed to launch update the command luanch and the system get stuck and I have to restart it. How I get it to work?

I think you have to modify the launch commands since LibreElec RR is not a standard linux install. Looking at the commands it would be something like:
xml:

/usr/bin/retroarch.start -L /tmp/cores/corename_libretro.so "%ROM_PATH%"

And the retroarch config file is stored at:
xml:

/storage/.config/retroarch/retroarch.cfg
(2022-10-01, 04:19)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-09-29, 20:59)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]Some progress for Kodi v20 has been made for launching android applications natively. That might help, but remains to be seen (still needs some testing, and I dont have an Android 11 system to test with).

I think you have to modify the launch commands since LibreElec RR is not a standard linux install. Looking at the commands it would be something like:
xml:

xml:

I changed the command luanch and when I tried to play a rom I got a message Retroarch loading please stand by and then a black screen with the system name. What can I do to make it work? Maybe download stardand linux for my pi?

(2022-10-01, 09:29)Yefet Wrote: [ -> ]I changed the command luanch and when I tried to play a rom I got a message Retroarch loading please stand by and then a black screen with the system name. What can I do to make it work? Maybe download stardand linux for my pi?

OK, i figured it out. I unfortunately don't have an RPi4 to try with, but managed to get LibreElec RR running in a VirtualBox.

To get it to work:
1). In IAGL set you system up as shown: Linux as the system, path to retroarch as
xml:
/usr/bin/retroarch.start
and path to the config file as
xml:
. Both exit and pause Kodi should be disabled.
2). Run the wizard for external launching, this will set your commands most of the way there, we'll still have to edit them after the wizard has run.
3). Select a game list, bring up the context menu, and select Update Launcher, External Command, then select the item at the bottom Manually Entered Command Line. Edit the command and add
xml:
systemd-run
to the beginning of the command. It will look like this:

Each command will mimick that one. systemd-run will execute the command and start/stop kodi as needed using retroarch.start (which is a custom part of LibreElec RR):
xml:
systemd-run "/usr/bin/retroarch.start" -L "/tmp/cores/corename_libretro.so" "%ROM_PATH%"

Bonus, you can set the rom paths to match the EmulationStation path in LibreElecRR, and they'll automatically be added after you download/launch them from Kodi (you can launch EmulationStation from the main Kodi menu in LibreElec RR):
(2022-10-02, 23:55)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-10-01, 09:29)Yefet Wrote: [ -> ]I changed the command luanch and when I tried to play a rom I got a message Retroarch loading please stand by and then a black screen with the system name. What can I do to make it work? Maybe download stardand linux for my pi?

OK, i figured it out. I unfortunately don't have an RPi4 to try with, but managed to get LibreElec RR running in a VirtualBox.

To get it to work:
1). In IAGL set you system up as shown: Linux as the system, path to retroarch as
xml:
/usr/bin/retroarch.start
and path to the config file as
xml:
. Both exit and pause Kodi should be disabled.
2). Run the wizard for external launching, this will set your commands most of the way there, we'll still have to edit them after the wizard has run.
3). Select a game list, bring up the context menu, and select Update Launcher, External Command, then select the item at the bottom Manually Entered Command Line. Edit the command and add
xml:
systemd-run
to the beginning of the command. It will look like this:

Each command will mimick that one. systemd-run will execute the command and start/stop kodi as needed using retroarch.start (which is a custom part of LibreElec RR):
xml:
systemd-run "/usr/bin/retroarch.start" -L "/tmp/cores/corename_libretro.so" "%ROM_PATH%"

Bonus, you can set the rom paths to match the EmulationStation path in LibreElecRR, and they'll automatically be added after you download/launch them from Kodi (you can launch EmulationStation from the main Kodi menu in LibreElec RR):
Thank you very much for all the help. It finally works. Great addon.
As for the bonus I will try it.
(2022-10-01, 04:19)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-09-29, 20:59)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]Some progress for Kodi v20 has been made for launching android applications natively. That might help, but remains to be seen (still needs some testing, and I dont have an Android 11 system to test with).

xml:

xml:

It works but I have 2 problems:
1.I want to control the pi with my Bluetooth controller. I enable controller support and then it work but after several minutes it turn off by itself. How do I make it stay on?

2)There is no sound in retroarch. In kodi the sound works.

How do I solve these problems?
@zachmorris
What is the file name I would put into kodi on a fire stick in the file manager section in order to get this?
Hi, I just found this addon and it is amazing. I just wonder if I may choose the screenshot instead of cover as thumbnail type. Thanks.
(2022-11-10, 13:40)WizzardSk Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I just found this addon and it is amazing. I just wonder if I may choose the screenshot instead of cover as thumbnail type. Thanks.

Thats not a bad idea. Currently no option for that, but I think the artwork options in the addon need an overhaul. I'll add this to my list, thanks
(2022-10-27, 14:51)mmanzi816 Wrote: [ -> ]What is the file name I would put into kodi on a fire stick in the file manager section in order to get this?

You would need either the repository zip file or the addon zip file, see install instructions here.