Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-05-11, 02:27)SimonC Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried FB Neo with the same result as Alpha.  It's really odd, Alpha has been working fine for months and then a couple of weeks ago it just stopped downloading roms.  All other emulators are fine, it seems it's only the FB arcade. 
It looks like the archive might have been updated. I'll look at an update for the list.
(2020-05-15, 17:38)Jachin99 Wrote: [ -> ]@zachmorris  Would you consider adding support for the Kodi Media Import project to IAGL?  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794  I believe this could simplify setting up IAGL on multiple Kodi instances because If built properly it will allow users to easily share things like cache or download locations, and save states.  Thanks.

I haven't heard of this up to this point, and reading that first post I'm not fully understanding the concept (other than IAGL game lists would potentially just be another 'source' added to Kodi and it imports into the library automagically). I'm not opposed to it, but i think the biggest hurdle is if media import supports non-video/audo/image media. The current library system in Kodi doesn't support Games at all. Does this somehow get around that issue?
Hi, i own Raspberry PI 4B - 4 Gb RAM, installed Libreelec 9.2.1 last update. I installed IAGL, PSX and want to use it with KODI RetroPlayer. I install Sony - PlayStation (PCSX ReARMed) as core and tried to run Metal Slug (smallest PS game). Afterwards it only start with rotating bezel and Libreelec restarted. All latest version.

Is there anything what i did wrong? I can provide log of course if it necessary.

Thanks a lot for informaiton.
(2020-05-25, 13:37)mirecko2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, i own Raspberry PI 4B - 4 Gb RAM, installed Libreelec 9.2.1 last update. I installed IAGL, PSX and want to use it with KODI RetroPlayer. I install Sony - PlayStation (PCSX ReARMed) as core and tried to run Metal Slug (smallest PS game). Afterwards it only start with rotating bezel and Libreelec restarted. All latest version.

Is there anything what i did wrong? I can provide log of course if it necessary.

Thanks a lot for informaiton.

Sounds like you did everything correct. I would hazard a guess the one thing missing might be BIOS files. Files and locations are described here.
(2020-05-16, 18:28)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-05-11, 02:27)SimonC Wrote: [ -> ]I just tried FB Neo with the same result as Alpha.  It's really odd, Alpha has been working fine for months and then a couple of weeks ago it just stopped downloading roms.  All other emulators are fine, it seems it's only the FB arcade. 
It looks like the archive might have been updated. I'll look at an update for the list.
Zach, any other suggestions since you were able to download?
Hi, I have a Raspberry Pi 4B - 4 Gb RAM, with today's install of kodi / LibreELEC 9.2.3. I installed IAGL and the ZX Spectrum emulator FUSE. Unfortunately I'm unable to use or configure any input controls like joystick or gamepad in FUSE. Remapping some game pad button  to "s" in the configuration menu for example (to start a game with key s) doesn't do anything. The keyboard I have attached to the Pi does only system level stuff, e.g. "s" offers the shutdown the Pi. I'm unable to invoke the ZX keyboard overlay, too. What am I missing? Or is it a bug?

Thanks in advance!
I am on firestick 4k, have downloaded ppsspp via Aurora. Iagl is working for most things except Dreamcast because it asks me to set a login even though I have and doesn't work for psp. I've set the launch command to ppsspp. Is it possible the launch command is wrong? When I launch nothing happens.
On a windows PC, where would I find the savegames (in game progress like you would have on a game boy, not save state)?

Tried looking in the appdata folder but couldn't find it. I tried reading the FAQ, but there is only a reference to where the game is temp cashed or downloaded. But even if I don't download the game, only cached, the savegame is saved somewhere cause when I restart the game, it remembers where I left off.
Can I export this savegame to a different platform e.g. rapsberri pi and an external launcher (retroarch)?

In part 2 of the FAQ you can see how you can change the download folder per game archive.
How would I go about doing it for all games/emulators simultaneously. Would that work when I switch to retroarch?
So I manually added The Lost Vikings for Genesis to the Genesis rom list after uploading it to archive.org, but I'm not sure how to add boxart or snapshots. I tried using local directories and complete URL's but neither method worked. Any guidance is appreciated!

here's what i added to the xml file to get the lost vikings to show up: https://paste.kodi.tv/riluhevole
Is there support for 19a1?  uses python 3 and current IAGL wont install...

dave
Hello i installed IAGL on my Fire TV Stick 4k. Retroarch is also installed i have setup everything but have a issue. Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast doesn't download games i get a error to login with username and password from archive.org but i have entered both in the General Tab Settings and made Activated.
Why it still doesn't work? Please help.
Same here Sad
(2020-08-27, 13:04)Neophyte1983 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello i installed IAGL on my Fire TV Stick 4k. Retroarch is also installed i have setup everything but have a issue. Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast doesn't download games i get a error to login with username and password from archive.org but i have entered both in the General Tab Settings and made Activated.
Why it still doesn't work? Please help.

The archives have changed, so I'll be updating them.

Currently working on IAGL v3 for Kodi 19. I hope that it's faster and betterer all around!
Hey Guys,

I cant use IAGL, because everytime i want to launch a game, the buttons are freezed and after a few second, it knocks me back to the gamelist.
Sometimes it also says to me: "Keine externen Parameter definiert. Bitte Einstellungen prüfen." which means like "No external parameters defined. Please check your settings."

I am using it with the newest Kodi Version on a S905 and on my Android TV.
Same problem on both machines.

Greetings
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1322711254826471424
PCSX2 will be coming to RetroArch soon. I would love for this to be supported in the future.