Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
VDR+XBMC is working really great! Have played around quite a bit and overall it feels quite solid! Thanks to everyone who have made it possible!!!

I have one small problem with VDR and EPG (vdr-plugin-eepg)
In channels.conf I put:
Axess TV1;Axess Publishing AB:746000:I999B8C23D12M64T8G8Y0:T:27500:809:808:0:0:800:8945:0:0
Axess TV2;Axess Publishing AB:746000:I999B8C23D12M64T8G8Y0:T:27500:809:808:0:0:800:0:0:0
(the difference is a number not far from the end)
Line 1 give me picture/sound but no working EPG
Line 2 give me workinbg EPG but no picture/sound
Then I use scan I only get lines as version 1. The reason i found out version 2 is that VDR sometimes starts to scan for channels that are not present in the channel.conf file and then VDR scan i get channels with working EPG!
This automatic scan unfortunatly only found some channels (se below). Therefore I tried to find the pattern, have tried millions of combinations.....
Halfway there now then I at least found how to get EPG but how do I find the correct line thet give me both EPG and picture/sound?

Here is 2 channels found by scan (working picture but not working EPG):
SVT1;Sveriges Television:490000:I999B8C23D12M64T8G8Y0:T:27500:1019:1018;1017:1004:0:5770:1021:0:0
SVT2;Sveriges Television:490000:I999B8C23D12M64T8G8Y0:T:27500:1029:1028;1027:1004:0:5510:1021:0:0

And here is how they look with superextradeluxe magic autoscan (working picture and EPG):
SVT1;Sveriges Television:490000:I999B8C23D12M64T8G8Y0:T:27500:1019:1018;1017:1004:0:5770:8945:1021:0
SVT2;Sveriges Television:490000:I999B8C23D12M64T8G8Y0:T:27500:1029:1028;1027:1004:0:5510:8945:1021:0

/O
bisch Wrote:Swifty, I'll try to use just the listed ppa's on page 1 without SC, and see if it plays back the enencrypted channels.

biggles, you need to change some compiling options in the makefile for Karmic to work with vdr-sc, see below:

Code:
hg clone -r trunk http://85.17.209.13:6100/sc
sed -i 's|CSAFLAGS   ?= -Wall -fPIC -g -O3 -mmmx -fomit-frame-pointer -fexpensive-optimizations -funroll-loops|CSAFLAGS   ?= -Wall -fPIC -g -O2 -mmmx -fomit-frame-pointer -fexpensive-optimizations -funroll-loops|' /usr/local/src/vdr/PLUGINS/src/sc/Makefile

Essentially change the flags from -o3 to -o2 in the makefile and it'll compile now.
Do you get video/mpeg2 playback still?

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately that's not the problem. The problem is that vdr refuses to load the compiled plugin,vdr-sc. It keeps saying something like binary incompatibility.
Biggles:

cd sc-.....
ln -s /usr/include/vdr/Make.config .

than it will compile and will not be refused due to binary incompatibility.

BTW. I cannot change channel from XBMC. VDR as standalone works well. But on XBMC I can watch only channel what VDR is currently tuned to... any idea ?
Hi again

Using this PPA XBMC does not play mpeg4 files - the picture is corrupt - just collored squares.

Log shows:
http://pastebin.com/m4228fe47

This seems to be a real problem:
Code:
WARNING: Decode - avcodec_decode_video didn't consume the full packet. size: 785, consumed: 8

VDR recordings and other MPEG2 files are played well.
Search over Inet and all isseus are about pulseaudio or performance. Removed pulseaudio, files are localy, CPU < 20% (dualcore @2700GHz).

Any idea ?

Regards
Janusz
waring192 Wrote:Just a update, channels were found using w_scan.
I think using the

Quote:
scan -x 0 -o vdr -a 0 /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/uk-RidgeHill > /etc/vdr/channels.conf

might not work for all, so i would use w_scan if nothing if found in the examples.

Maybe include that in the tutorial?

I used w_scan but it didn't find ITV1 and ITV2, for example.
I reran with -F and -t2 switches (more info at http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/jaun...can.1.html and http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/karm...can.1.html) and the scan picked up all channels available, although a few were a little weak.
Hi,

I seem to have the same problem with the binary incompatibility. I've linked the Make.config from /usr/include/vdr as janumix sugested but still no change.

Thanks!
nchdaniel:
vdr-dev package is also to be installed. Have you ?

Regards
Janusz
Yes, I have it installed.
Please let me know if i can send you anything that may be of help.

Thank you.

Ok... I don't know how, I don't know why: it works. I recompiled a few minutes ago (the sc plugin) with the same environment as before and it seems to work.
One of my friends is interested in XBMC and wanted to know what the TV functionality was like, So i made this quick video which isnt brilliant quality and my camera has a tracking function so keeps focusing itself.

anywho here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJpUAQ_Qkzk

I haven't got round to setting xbmc or VDR up properly as i use mythtv day to day, but that may well change after this!!
before i start please accept my apologies if this comes across as a rant as its not, its more a discussion of my observations.

I have been testing xbmc and vdr all day and i must say i am really impressed!!

A couple of points:

1. remote mappings
Is this something that will need to be done on a setup by setup basis or will the buttons mappings be updated in the pvr branch?
I used a windows mce remote and its not very intuitive to navigate the TV menus.

2. Search
The search function seems to struggle with searches for example If i search for "top gear" nothing is returned however if i search for top it returns random radio shows like "non stop music". Is this a code issue or am i missing something?

3. Timeshifting
Just doesn't work for me. am i missing a setting for is it "work in progress"?

4. Watching as recording?
XBMC seems to only play the portion of the video that was recorded when play was pressed after that you have to keep using the "resume from **:**" function.

5. Guidegrid / timeline
Is there anyway to access the context menu from the middle of the timeline or does the user need to scroll back to the left? (maybe a key mapping issue?)

6. Guide colours
It would be nice to have a gui option (e.g. tick box) to turn the colours off as in the UK the OTA data invariably has the wrong genre associated with it.

7. Scheduling options (maybe a search feature)
A nice future feature would be to have 'season pass' scheduling options. i don't know if this is possible with VDR but mythtv is fantastic for scheduling.

8. Turn off Radio option
It would be good if there was a gui option to hide the radio channels, or if there were no data for radio channels the radio listings were hidden. edit: (seems to be an option when adding the backend, however it seems to have no effect)

On the whole the PVR part of XBMC is absolutely fantastic especially considering its unstable code.

Thanks,

Dubstar_04
I have installed the pvr-testing branch on my mac and have recorded a higher quality video which can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GysT_8pu4UU

Does anyone know how to delete recorded TV?
hi,

everything seems to be running fine, but i can't find the TV option anywhere in XBMC?
card is installed succesfull, firmware is OK, I scanned channels, installed VDR with streamdev plugin, install the PMH3D skin, but no succes....

do i need a special build of xbmc? i'm running the latest version..

thnx for any help
mofd Wrote:hi,
do i need a special build of xbmc? i'm running the latest version..

thnx for any help

Yes.
Remove XBMC.
Delete the XBMCC package source
Add package source that is in this threads first post
Install XBMC
Go to settings and there activate TV
You have to have a skin that supports TV - Confluence does and i think PM3HD does allso but not shure.
The TV integration isnt perfect (yet) but well worth trying!

Good luck!

/O
SpiffBB Wrote:Yes.
Remove XBMC.
Delete the XBMCC package source
Add package source that is in this threads first post
Install XBMC
Go to settings and there activate TV
You have to have a skin that supports TV - Confluence does and i think PM3HD does allso but not shure.
The TV integration isnt perfect (yet) but well worth trying!

Good luck!

/O

thanx, i give it a try!
i would like to give this a try again.. what version of ubuntu should i be using?

i would like to get XBMC-PVR + VDR + Streamdev + Open-SC plugin (mirak?)

Could someone suggest me the best and stable version of ubuntu? Jaunty or Karmic? i've not succesfully compiled VDR yet that is why i would like this method but i really need OpenSC-plugin because all channels are encrypted where i live.

Should i use the VDR PPA from mirak aswell when i would like to try his opensc-plugin ppa?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30