Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
@ant_thomas:
dharma-pvr is as stable as you can get at the moment. master = xbmc master (so possibly instable / new bugs) + pvr development (so possibly instable too).
if you're not a dev, you shouldn't be using master.

@dCrypt:
just ask in that thread you posted. I'm not a vdr user myself. I could have a look at it but it makes more sense to direct your question at the guy who made it.
dushmaniac Wrote:@dCrypt:
just ask in that thread you posted.

I'll wait to pkrzaczk to answer my question, it is the post #502 in this very same thread.

Thanks.
dCrypt Wrote:I'll wait to pkrzaczk to answer my question, it is the post #502 in this very same thread.

Thanks.

Those patches apply to streavdem vdr plugin. I'm still using a streamdev (0.5.0-pre) plugin with those patches .. and have no problems wathing LiveTV.

Paweł
pkrzaczk Wrote:Those patches apply to streavdem vdr plugin. I'm still using a streamdev (0.5.0-pre) plugin with those patches .. and have no problems wathing LiveTV.

Paweł

With what PVR build? pvr-testing or a dushmaniac build?
ant_thomas Wrote:With what PVR build? pvr-testing or a dushmaniac build?

I have one xbmc with a manual pvr-testing2 compile .. and another one with dushmaniac build .. both work like a charm ..
The one with dushmaniac build doesn't have vdr on it .. it just uses the one on another xbmc server ....
Pawel
pkrzaczk Wrote:I have one xbmc with a manual pvr-testing2 compile .. and another one with dushmaniac build .. both work like a charm ..
The one with dushmaniac build doesn't have vdr on it .. it just uses the one on another xbmc server ....
Pawel

The dushmaniac build works with Streamdev?

I've only been able to get it to work with VNSI.

The streamdev-server version is "0.5.0+cvs20100915-2yavdr1" from the YaVDR PPAs.
ant_thomas Wrote:The dushmaniac build works with Streamdev?

I've only been able to get it to work with VNSI.

The streamdev-server version is "0.5.0+cvs20100915-2yavdr1" from the YaVDR PPAs.

Applying those patches I mention here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=665...tcount=315
dCrypt Wrote:Applying those patches I mention here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=665...tcount=315

I may be sounding stupid but will them patches allow VDR Streamdev server to work with the Dushmaniac PVR build rather than the pvr-testing2 build?

Just because they seem to be about a year old and the streamdev-server version I'm running is only about 3 months old.
could you try if streamdev works if you build from source from my master branch please?
if it doesn't work, could you explain exactly what does not and provide a full debug log.
dushmaniac Wrote:could you try if streamdev works if you build from source from my master branch please?
if it doesn't work, could you explain exactly what does not and provide a full debug log.

I'll give it a go soon hopefully. In case I don't get time to build from source is there a chance you can compile the packages on Launchpad?
Or, could you or someone else post instructions on how to compile Dushmaniacs build from source. I've downloaded the .tar.gz file from github and extracted it, where do I go from there?

I've compiled XBMC in the past but the instructions for that on the wiki don't seem to work.
building XBMC is quite easy.
- first make sure you have all the build dependencies. if you're using ubuntu, just type "apt-get build-dep xbmc" in your console and it should download them all. if not, then check the README file in the root after extracting.
- next, type "./bootstrap" in the root of the extracted source
- ./configure --prefix=/path/to/where/you/want/xbmc/to/install
- make && make install

I'll create some binaries later this week.
dushmaniac Wrote:building XBMC is quite easy.
- first make sure you have all the build dependencies. if you're using ubuntu, just type "apt-get build-dep xbmc" in your console and it should download them all. if not, then check the README file in the root after extracting.
- next, type "./bootstrap" in the root of the extracted source
- ./configure --prefix=/path/to/where/you/want/xbmc/to/install
- make && make install

I'll create some binaries later this week.

Some binaries would be fantastic if you can get them sorted. Much more chance of me being able to test from binaries than compiling.
binaries for karmic, lucid and maverick are being built now on https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+a...master-pvr
dushmaniac Wrote:binaries for karmic, lucid and maverick are being built now on https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+a...master-pvr

Fantastic, I'll give them a go with streamdev ASAP and report back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30