Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
is there a problem with the package on henningpingel? I can't install xbmc from there. I got the following errors:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc: depends: xbmc-data (=pvr-testing-36~yavdr-karmic30871+6) but it is not goiing to be installed
depends: xbmc-web (= ....)....
E: Broken packages

Can anyone help me with this and tell me why I'm getting these errors?

Thanx!!!
Mossiba Wrote:is there a problem with the package on henningpingel? I can't install xbmc from there. I got the following errors:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc: depends: xbmc-data (=pvr-testing-36~yavdr-karmic30871+6) but it is not goiing to be installed
depends: xbmc-web (= ....)....
E: Broken packages

Can anyone help me with this and tell me why I'm getting these errors?

Thanx!!!

I found the solution. For people with the same problem replace karmic by lucid in the sourcelist
Should we start submitting Tickets against Eden then?
I have installed the latest from ppa:yavdr/testing-vdr. So far i am really impressed! few questions

1. Last night i set it to record something from the epg. I checked to see if it recorded to find the HTPC off or in standby. I havn't setup any power management and normally leave htpc running 24/7. I did change the Recording Dir in XBMC vdr settings but not in vdr *.conf file (as when i did try it crashed the whole xbmc)
2. Sometimes when in channel selection screen and select a channel i get message like "TV cannont Connect/display??" after a few trys it does work

my dmesg out is this http://pastebin.com/P7g5n3GV

Im abit concerned about vdr vnsi errors
DanXbix Wrote:I have installed the latest from ppa:yavdr/testing-vdr. So far i am really impressed! few questions

1. Last night i set it to record something from the epg. I checked to see if it recorded to find the HTPC off or in standby. I havn't setup any power management and normally leave htpc running 24/7. I did change the Recording Dir in XBMC vdr settings but not in vdr *.conf file (as when i did try it crashed the whole xbmc)

I think your problem is that the MinUserInactivity settings isn't set to 0

Change MinUserInactivity in /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf to 0
Any chance of an update to the precompiled build? Over a month old now!
thanks ant_thomas i worked tht out as file wasn't saving when i changed it (chmod 777 lol) i second for an update
No point with an updated build. I haven't seen activity since August 17.
Xbmc keeps on auto starting recording timers of random shows. I have not set it to record anything and it keeps just starting multiple recordings. Message comes up down the bottom of screen "VNSI recording - channel locked" and all recording have the "@" symbol before title. anyone else had this happen? fix?

thanks
DanXbix Wrote:Xbmc keeps on auto starting recording timers of random shows. I have not set it to record anything and it keeps just starting multiple recordings. Message comes up down the bottom of screen "VNSI recording - channel locked" and all recording have the "@" symbol before title. anyone else had this happen? fix?

thanks

I'm using the Streamdev plugin not VNSI but I've not had that issue.

I tend to schedule recordings using the VDR Live plugin.
DanXbix Wrote:Xbmc keeps on auto starting recording timers of random shows. I have not set it to record anything and it keeps just starting multiple recordings. Message comes up down the bottom of screen "VNSI recording - channel locked" and all recording have the "@" symbol before title. anyone else had this happen? fix?

Do you actually find any recordings in vdr directory ?
I have the same error, but it has nothing to do with actual recordings.
The point is that my satelitte provider has changed its encoding method and VDR can no longer decrypt the stream.

Check that you can decode the stream using another VDR frontend.
Hi there,

I'm looking for a nice looking web skin ...
The skin coming with this version of xbmc is kind of ugly, and won't work with my samsung phone browser.
Any idea for a light web skin compatible with this modded xbmc ?

pacogp

Its enabled for 10.10 Maverick?
Im trying to testing it but cant donwload, E: Broken packages
Replaced Maverick on sources done.
How to install VDR + XBMC on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (SkyStar 2 installed) is there any step by step guideHuh Please
Hm, my bad i have installed Ubuntu 10.10 any chance to get xbmc pvr with vdr Huh shit this is my 3. reinstall (including format Smile) today...

i don't wish to go back to my old debian etch with self compiled vdr 1.6 from sources and ffmpeg and xineliboutput on sc and allll dayy long apt-get install EVERYTHING Smile

Please help with Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick i think) and XBMC PVR VDR
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30