Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
hepi Wrote:Hi,

I wanted to point out that the pre-compiled experimental packages of the pvr-testing-branch that I offer in my PPA are now compiled with --enable-crystalhd and --enable-vaapi. [1]

Besides that, you guys might want to check out our yaVDR project which includes these XBMC packages. It should save you a lot of time when setting up VDR+XBMC+vnsi. yaVDR is a Ubuntu-based distro which is designed to turn a HTPC into a set-top-box: XBMC + HDTV + PVR. Something for the Asrock ION fans.

Cheers,
hepi

[1] https://launchpad.net/~henningpingel/+archive/xbmc
[2] http://www.yavdr.org

In karmic the vnsi vdr plugin won't install due to a dependency problem.
For Lucid & VDR & VNSI & VDPAU
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=72940
dongioia Wrote:In karmic the vnsi vdr plugin won't install due to a dependency problem.

Could you post that dependency error message?

Hmm, it worked for other people who used yaVDR 0.1.1 as a basis. Please check this German language thread (using Google translate) for further infos: http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.ph...adid=96020

This will show you all installed vdr packages and their version numbers:
dpkg -l | grep -i vdr

Maybe there is some version mismatch on your system?

Cheers,
hepi
Is there a way to access VDR OSD from the xmbc streamdev or vnsi client ?
I'd like to configure some VDR internals, and also to control some plugins (namely burn and epgsearch ..)

Thanks
(I wasn't able to install xineliboutput due to a dependancy, which is fair since I use karmic vdr packages under lucid.)
Mario22 Wrote:Is there a way to access VDR OSD from the XBMC streamdev or vnsi client ?
I'd like to configure some VDR internals, and also to control some plugins (namely burn and epgsearch ..)
No (to answer this question in a simple way).

Mario22 Wrote:(I wasn't able to install xineliboutput due to a dependancy, which is fair since I use karmic vdr packages under lucid.)

You may use our Lucid VDR packages under Lucid. ;-)

Cheers,
hepi
hepi Wrote:No (to answer this question in a simple way).

Too bad.
I tried to install vdr and vdr-streamdev-client on my laptop but it didn't get me anywhere since I could not find my vdr plugins in the osd ..
Remote osd plugin did not work.
I'm stuck.

Lucid packages won't work with sc from mirak ppa. Too lazy to compile everything myself.

Actually I could do without vdr osd if I could do these things from xbmc:
- easy edit of channel conf (that is, remove 1200 goofy channels and retain only the dozen I use, to prevent lengthy epg updates)
- convert vdr ts files to mpeg4
- set preferred EPG language to french
- adjust EPG char encoding to get correct french chars

Not so much ??
Mario22 Wrote:- easy edit of channel conf (that is, remove 1200 goofy channels and retain only the dozen I use, to prevent lengthy epg updates)
Have a look at /var/lib/vdr/setup.conf where many basic VDR settings can be made. You can simply tell VDR that it should not add more channels to the channels.conf then defined by you. So you end up with a small channels.conf.

Try VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE to solve the charset issues.

http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php...27s_Manual

Cheers,
hepi
Thank you hepi for pointing to the right direction !

VDR_CHARSET_OVERRIDE=ISO-8859-9 added in default/vdr fixes the EPG charset issue.
EPGLanguages=fra in vdr/setup.conf gives me EPG in french.
UpdateChannels = 2 in the same file will prevent vdr from adding channels to my channels.conf.
I manually edited all the useless channels from this file, refresh xbmc TV database and that's it.

I'll have to write a script for converting VDR TS file to xvid. Someday.

One more question: is there a thread where we can post bug reports, feature request or suggestions ?

(I think xbmc streamdev client should not try to connect to vdr upon startup, but only when you enter the liveTV section. Because my VDR daemon is down when I don't need it, it is launched automatically when I plug the infinity card reader.)
(And also, my vdr recordings are named after the channel id under confluence whereas they use the tv show title under pm3.HD, which is far more explicit I think).
What are the differences/advantages/disadvantages of

vdr-plugin-streamdev-*
and
vdr-plugin-vnsiserver

because they both are supported by xbmc.
Hi flobbes,

I asked the same question 2 pages earlier, and got this answer:
AuXBoX Wrote:VNSI is the best. It virtually changes channel straight way

So I tried both and did not notice any difference, so I kept streamdev because it will stream easily to my other PC using a simple mplayer.
Thanks for the response, i finally got xbmc and streamdev working, still got some issues, but i think they are more xbmc related:

Quote:- The tv and movies library gone, but working with the mainbranch svn version

- I cant enable and disable the PVR addons and therefor frequently get messages of the 3 not installed services that these couldn't be loaded.

But back to VDR, are there any usefull addons that I could install, that work in xbmc as well, because I saw that there are more they 50 addons for VDR already?
flobbes Wrote:are there any usefull addons that I could install, that work in xbmc as well, because I saw that there are more they 50 addons for VDR already?

femon (signal strength monitoring) and sc (soft cam) ?
You might also consider nvram wakeup ...

Other plugins won't be accessible from within xbmc, or redundant.
Mario22 Wrote:So I tried both and did not notice any difference, so I kept streamdev because it will stream easily to my other PC using a simple mplayer.

I tried both and the differences I notices was that vnsi had:
1. Faster switch time
2. Very laggy video
3. No tele text
So I kept streamdev.
apanloco Wrote:I tried both and the differences I notices was that vnsi had:
1. Faster switch time
2. Very laggy video
3. No tele text
So I kept streamdev.

what do you mean laggy video.
just change the video settings

who uses teletext anyway

The streamdev plugin has a green screen for a second everytime i change channel aswell
hepi Wrote:Could you post that dependency error message?

Hmm, it worked for other people who used yaVDR 0.1.1 as a basis. Please check this German language thread (using Google translate) for further infos: http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.ph...adid=96020

This will show you all installed vdr packages and their version numbers:
dpkg -l | grep -i vdr

Maybe there is some version mismatch on your system?

Cheers,
hepi

This is the error message:
Quote:vdr-plugin-vnsiserver:
Depends: vdr-abi-1.7.10-debian

Quote:ii libdvdread4 4.1.3-5ubuntu2 library for reading DVDs
ii libupnp3 1:1.6.6-4yavdr1 Portable SDK for UPnP Devices (shared librar
ii vdr 1.7.14-2yavdr1 Video Disk Recorder for DVB cards
ii vdr-dev 1.7.14-2yavdr1 Video Disk Recorder for DVB cards
ii vdr-enigmang-icons 20070702-2gda1 Channel logos and other icons for the skinen
ii vdr-plugin-eepg 0.0.3-14yavdr1 VDR plugin to access special epg's of
ii vdr-plugin-femon 1.7.7-2yavdr1 DVB frontend status monitor plugin for VDR
ii vdr-plugin-osdteletext 0.8.3-8yavdr1 Teletext plugin for VDR
ii vdr-plugin-sc 0.9.x~hg2 A software emulated CAM
ii vdr-plugin-skinenigmang 0.1.1-1yavdr1 Skin plugin for VDR
ii vdr-plugin-streamdev-server 0.5.0~pre20090706+cvs20100307.2102-3yavdr1 VDR Plugin to stream Live-TV to other VDR's
ii vdr-plugin-ttxtsubs 0.2.1-2yavdr1 Teletext subtitle plugin for VDR
ii vdr-plugin-xine 0.9.3-8yavdr1 Plugin for "software only" playback using xi
ii xbmc pvr-testing-35~yavdr-karmic30240+2 XBMC Media Center (full metapackage)
ii xbmc-bin pvr-testing-35~yavdr-karmic30240+2 XBMC Media Center (binary data package)
ii xbmc-data pvr-testing-35~yavdr-karmic30240+2 XBMC Media Center (arch-independent data pac
ii xbmc-web pvr-testing-35~yavdr-karmic30240+2 XBMC Media Center (POC web frontend)

I use the experimental repository for karmic, which provides the 1.7.14 version
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30