Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
I also had problems with my channels.conf like a few other people here. Using scan produced a channels.conf but vdr could not load epg data for several BBC channels.

I re-ran a scan using w-scan and this worked perfectly. I then replaced the original lines in my original channels.conf (as the the channels can show uk lcn from scan) with the releavant line from the wscan.conf and all now works fine.
I installed vdr but the "Live TV" doesn't show on "Confluence " skin. I know it's on the thread somewhere but don't understand how to do it. Blush
smooth Wrote:I installed vdr but the "Live TV" doesn't show on "Confluence " skin. I know it's on the thread somewhere but don't understand how to do it. Blush

Are you using the pvr-testing version of xbmc? or have you just installed vdr whilst using the normal version of xbmc?
smooth Wrote:I installed vdr but the "Live TV" doesn't show on "Confluence " skin. I know it's on the thread somewhere but don't understand how to do it. Blush

Maybe you forgot to activate the appropriate plugin in xbmc ?
I'm using the normal xbmc , how do activate the plug-in?
Go to system - add-ons - installed add-ons and activate the appropriate add on.
smooth Wrote:I'm using the normal xbmc , how do activate the plug-in?

You will need the pvr branch of xbmc to be able to use vdr
ant_thomas Wrote:I'm fairly sure I was able to use both the streamdev and VNSI addons.

Just checked and I'm currently using the streamdev addon, not sure what the difference is between them or which is better either.

Thanks man.
I just created the addon.xml and now I'm able to use again the streamdev addon.
I hope this bug will be fixed in the next release.
Does anybody know why the pvr branch isn't updated since 4 weeks ago?
dongioia Wrote:Does anybody know why the pvr branch isn't updated since 4 weeks ago?

I'm assuming because of possible conflicts or stability issues with newer builds of XBMC.
hi guys,

how can i use the "New Channel > XBMC Internal Virtual Channel" option under the Channel Manager?

i'm trying to add mms:// http:// rtsp:// channels but none are working.. xbmc always say Channel Cannot be played... and they are working with VLC, Mplayer, Windows Media Player...

i noticed something... when i edit the /etc/vdr/channels.conf ( sudo scan... ) it updates the list but xbmc won't show any channel from the list, it only identifies the vdr dvb-s default installed channels.conf and i use dvb-t

( actualy it's isdb-t but my usb card is identified and installed on linux/windows as dvb-t... long story...)

what can i do?
i'm using this ppas:
yavdr/testing-vdr
henningpingel/xbmc
How do you change the directory that vdr records to?

Currently it's /var/lib/video.00/ but I want my recordings to go elsewhere.
ant_thomas Wrote:How do you change the directory that vdr records to?

Currently it's /var/lib/video.00/ but I want my recordings to go elsewhere.

try this
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/vdr stop
sudo echo VIDEO_DIR="[b]where you want it to record[/b]" >> /etc/default/vdr
sudo /etc/init.d/vdr start

change where you want it to record
AuXBoX Wrote:try this
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/vdr stop
sudo echo VIDEO_DIR="[b]where you want it to record[/b]" >> /etc/default/vdr
sudo /etc/init.d/vdr start

change where you want it to record

That didn't work but by posting that you showed me where to put the line anyway so I just added

Code:
VIDEO_DIR="/media/tvrec"

to /etc/default/vdr manually

Thank you!!
Its been a while since i've tested the pvr functionality but with dharma approaching completion the pvr functionality should be getting some love!!

Plus a new branch of VDR has been released:
http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2010-June/023055.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30