Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] HOW-TO get Live TV with VDR and PVR-Testing Branch - Without manual compile!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
After updating to latest git revision of maintained pvr-testing fork, i had a problem with the tv database using mysql.

It saids can't update database from version 4 to 5 or something like that.
I tryed to delete all tv database tables, but now xbmc can't create them.

It works if I fallback to sqlite database.

Does somebody has an sql script to recreate manually the tv database ?

Thanks.
sqlite doesn't support "alter table" and I changed a lot of columns last week. I would have to upgrade all tables by code, which is not something I want to spend time on now.

you'll have to delete the old tables and restart xbmc. if you know the code a bit and know sql, you could write an sql script (because mysql does support "alter tables")
In fact I've already tryed restarting xbmc after deleting all tables, but it don't recreate recreate them automatically.

I'm not at home right now, will give a look tomorrow to catch the faulty sql command.
Hi guys,
I had not updated my xbmc pvr vdr streamdev install in a while and tonight (why ??) I decided to install the latest builds from yavdr-testing-xbmc/lucid, namely dharma 2.10.5 +pvr yavdr4 ...

Now XBMC won't start, it can't find the correct libva version.

I have libva 0 31 0 installed whereas xbmc needs 0 31 1. I don't even remember from where I got this libva installed.

I have a nvidia card, and want to keep vdpau.

Should I download libva from official site or is there any package on a xbmc repo ?

Edit: maybe I just should switch to https://launchpad.net/~lars-opdenkamp/+archive/xbmc-pvr I tried but I get an error with libva and CPU load is much higher than it used to be so I might not be using vdpau ..

Thanks
you did try to disable vaapi in system -> video -> playback and enable vdpau?

please provide your debug log.
dushmaniac Wrote:you did try to disable vaapi in system -> video -> playback and enable vdpau?

Hi, this fixed the problem. That was easy, sorry for asking too fast. I should have found on my own.

Anyway, now I use your ppa binaries, everything is ok (keeping fingers crossed ..)
As dushmaniac recommended ill start a posting here.

I suffering Problems with VDR-VNSI-XBMC. Detailed error-description - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90535. Did anyone know how to debug the vnsi interface-implementations or how to contact the developers of the implementations (both sides vdr and xbmc plugin)
what is better to use - vnsi or streamdev on vdr side ?
Goga777 Wrote:what is better to use - vnsi or streamdev on vdr side ?

VNSI without a doubt.
hI@ALL

thank you for your great work on pvr integration.

I have a hopefully small problem with XBMC pvr from ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr

Today i updated from pvr-testing to xbmc-pvr, everything is running fine, but i cant enable any of the pvr clients

I.m using VDR with VNSISERVER (started and running) if i try to enable VDR VNSI Client in SYSTEM->ADDONS->ACTIVE ADD ONS->PVR Clients->VDR VNSI Client-> ACTIVATE

Nothing happens!

Same with any other PVR Client.

What am i missing?

Can someone give me a hint!

Thank you!

Martin
Hi

please ignore my last post, i found the problem in the Debug Log

The Old Addon Database!

I deleted it and now it works!

Great!

Martin
i'm trying out vdr on maverick using ppa's from https://launchpad.net/~surkov-alex/+archive/test9

all works great apart from MultiSchedule from the live plugin, when you click it vdr just hangs with 100% cpu.

is this a know bug or just something from this build(ppa)
Hola, acabo de usar este metodo para ver la TV desde el xbmc, pero cuando llego a este paso :
lupox@XBMCLive:~$ scan -x 0 -o vdr -a 0 /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/uk-RidgeHill > /etc/vdr/channels.conf
-bash: /etc/vdr/channels.conf: Permission denied
lupox@XBMCLive:~$

I get permission error.
I have installed the latest version ( Dharma linux live ) and I have a AverTV Volar HD USB

Please help me Wink
type this and try whatever you tried to do before:
Code:
sudo -s
deadite66 Wrote:i'm trying out vdr on maverick using ppa's from https://launchpad.net/~surkov-alex/+archive/test9

all works great apart from MultiSchedule from the live plugin, when you click it vdr just hangs with 100% cpu.

is this a know bug or just something from this build(ppa)

Where did these ppas come from?

Are they better to use for VDR users?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30